Gerry Bertier's Unofficial 4A Playoff Bracket Predictions

Gerry Bertier

Might want to read the quote I responded too about how trezevants D has negative rushing yards for the year and will be hard to run on. It's the same every year in the west until the championship game.

I can talk I played for Greeneville for 4 years and held many accolades for the 3 years I started on Defense.

You might want to re read the post you responded to. I was simply saying saying that I expect liberty or trezevant to come out of quad 4, based on the fact that crockett county (also quad 4) will have a tough time running on either team. I'm fairly certain that I did not make a title prediction. 

Edited by rebels86

You might want to re read the post you responded to. I was simply saying saying that I expect liberty or trezevant to come out of quad 4, based on the fact that crockett county (also quad 4) will have a tough time running on either team. I'm fairly certain that I did not make a title prediction.

And I never once said that you made a title prediction. When you say good luck running on them that's a pretty broad statement. My statement was they will get run on whoever makes it to the title game out of the west. It happens every year.

And I never once said that you made a title prediction. When you say good luck running on them that's a pretty broad statement. My statement was they will get run on whoever makes it to the title game out of the west. It happens every year.

Since you went to Greeneville, what is your opinion of how your program is supported? From a community standpoint to the administration of the school? Does the admin favor football and sports? Do you all have an athletic period or is practice after school etc?

Since you went to Greeneville, what is your opinion of how your program is supported? From a community standpoint to the administration of the school? Does the admin favor football and sports? Do you all have an athletic period or is practice after school etc?

Greeneville is alot like any small town football. The community support is great for it. They have weight lifting for last period and practice after school. Being that the head coach use to coach at Maryville they follow alot of the same steps. Running the same system from the middle school up. Greeneville is also known for academic success too. Always really high grade scores, usually behind Maryville when it comes to public schools in the state.

Would have been funny.... had your comment been directed towards the right school. dhst is a Liberty fan, which is in Jackson. Not a Trezevant fan, which is in Memphis. Nice try though.

Regardless of failed humor attempts. It will be a battle between Liberty and Trezevant for who comes out of quad 4. Just dont see Crockett making past either one of those two. Good luck running the ball on either one, I believe Trezevant is averaging negative rushing yards for the year. 

I was directing it towards them go out and buy some fix-a-flat when you play Trezevant! you might need it!

Greeneville is alot like any small town football. The community support is great for it. They have weight lifting for last period and practice after school. Being that the head coach use to coach at Maryville they follow alot of the same steps. Running the same system from the middle school up. Greeneville is also known for academic success too. Always really high grade scores, usually behind Maryville when it comes to public schools in the state.

Spot on swipes!  Greeneville has outstanding programs all around Track team won the state a few years ago and the Girls soccer is right in the thick of it all the time - outstanding golf program - wrestling team won big also - The Bowling team - also the Boys cross country team won state ! Greeneville has something for all young Men and Women - not just football!

Spot on swipes!  Greeneville has outstanding programs all around Track team won the state a few years ago and the Girls soccer is right in the thick of it all the time - outstanding golf program - wrestling team won big also - The Bowling team - also the Boys cross country team won state ! Greeneville has something for all young Men and Women - not just football!

Don't forget about all the money and support they get from a local company.

Don't forget about all the money and support they get from a local company.

A local company? Many companies sponsor the devils atleast their names are scrollin over the scoreboard. If your talking about a particular alumni (not company) yes he helps in support. He also supports all the county schools and Tusculum college as well, along with the Johnson City medical center, not to mention the church we both attend lol

I was trying to figure out Chester Co's playoff scenarios and found this gem of a Z-Plan scenerio. If North Side beats Haywood they would be 5th in quad 4 and would travel first round to Chester but if they were to lose, Haywood would make playoffs sending Chester Co to quad 3 and North Side would bump up to fourth in quad 4 and would host! Win, go 9-1 and travel. Lose, go 8-2 and host! Is this correct?

Edited by ScreaminEagle

I was trying to figure out Chester Co's playoff scenarios and found this gem of a Z-Plan scenerio. If North Side beats Haywood they would be 5th in quad 4 and would travel first round to Chester but if they were to lose, Haywood would make playoffs sending Chester Co to quad 3 and North Side would bump up to fourth in quad 4 and would host! Win, go 9-1 and travel. Lose, go 8-2 and host! Is this correct?

lol nice try there eagle

if NS loses to haywood...im not sure they remain the runner up...they might end up with a wild card and thus dburg gets the 4 seed

Edited by dhstennis