Donovan Stewart's Projected 2015-2016 Regions

kwc

If they had continued the Z system, by my count, Class A-regular season would have gone up to 516, Meigs County, before any adjustments. This includes all schools whether they have football or not, so the football playing number is lower than in Class AA and AAA. If the rule of only moving one playoff group was still in effect, Silverdale, Goodpasture and Knoxville Grace would move only to Class 2A playoffs/Class A regular season, even though their multiplier number would have them in Class 3A playoffs/AA regular season.

Again, a rough count after having to disregard cooperatives, I counted 44 in Class 1A playoffs and 44 in Class 2A playoffs. The largest Class 1A playoff team would be Mt Pleasant at 365. Things would be much the same as they are for this final season.

Yes, some teams would have to have more matchups than others against 2A playoff teams, same as 3A playing against more 4A and 5A against more 6A, and the playoffs would still be a mess.

I had Class AA going to 1003 (Craigmont) and the largest 3A playoff school being Loudon at 736. Knoxville Grace, Notre Dame, CPA would go only to 3A due to the one-class-rise rule.

In AAA, the smallest would be Jackson Northside at 1007 and the largest 5A playoff school would be Cleveland at 1420.

Regions would be from 3 classes, not 6, so the distance from each region school would decrease on average, some by a lot. The negative would be playing larger schools with a playoff spot on the line.

If only football schools were used to form the classes the counts would be much different.

Edited by Indian

Actually, had they stuck with the Z-plan, the current classifications would not be disturbed, except for moving the 20%-change schools. These changes would be as follows:

Bartlett drops to the 5A football subclass (Maryville could too, but...).

**Henry County, Lincoln County, and Millington Central drop to Class AA.

Memphis East and Hamilton would drop to the 3A football subclass (not sure how this interacts with their past decision to play up into AAA).

**Westwood drops to Class A.

**L&N STEM moves up to Class AA.

George Washington Carver would drop to the 1A football subclass.

Columbia Academy and Memphis Academy of Health Sciences would move up to the 2A football subclass.

The moves with ** attached will actually happen (subject to the opportunity to move up), affecting sports other than football.

That is true there would have been no need for all of it. I meant with these enrollments, especially if they were to come to the conclusion this new set up is a disaster. I have always been for two year periods, not four. Teams can slip under cutoffs too easily because of it even with a 20 pct rule.

Edited by Indian