9-A

ecu

Fayetteville High returns to district action again tonight after a productive Christmas break.  The Tigers beat Summertown and Collinwood in the Summertown tournament, then beat AAA Giles County in Pulaski.  Haven't seen Eagleville play but this should be a good test for the Tigers.  Predicting FHS by ten when it's all said and done.  Comments?

Fayetteville High returns to district action again tonight after a productive Christmas break.  The Tigers beat Summertown and Collinwood in the Summertown tournament, then beat AAA Giles County in Pulaski.  Haven't seen Eagleville play but this should be a good test for the Tigers.  Predicting FHS by ten when it's all said and done.  Comments?

Giles is AA.

Giles is AA.

Thanks for the clarification. 

FHS led by one against Eagleville at the half, but tore it up in the 3rd and 4th qtrs., finishing the game with a 66-44 score last night.  Guess I was being too conservative on my prediction.  Going to the Hornet's nest on Friday.  Should be another good district game!  Tigers by 8 to keep the streak alive.

Foster from Huntland goes off tonight. 42 against our Tigers! Best player on the court by far.

Well #25 was certainly on fire last Friday.  He actually was credited with 43 out of Huntland's 59 total points (I looked at the scorebook after the game).  He was exciting to watch, but Huntland seems to be a one man team.  The only other help he got was from #22 who took and made some shots.  By the third quarter with someone guarding man-to-man, he wasn't as effective, and maybe a little frustrated and tired.  On the other hand, Fayetteville had two players with 22 each and a third with 20.  More balance wins out I guess.  Now on to Lynchburg for the 2nd round rematch tomorrow.  I predict FHS keeps the win streak going and the raiders stay blue.  FHS by 16?

That's funny. He torched the Fayetteville "man" defense. Fayetteville does have a very balanced team and should make deep run in tourney but the best single player in the district plays for Huntland........

Well I don't know basketball as well as you do.  What I was saying but didn't get across was that one of our guys was defending him one on one.  I don't know about what the other four were playing.  It was more obvious to me in the third and fourth quarters, and he wasn't scoring AS MUCH.  He still scored, and yes, he is in the top five in our district, and probably the single best player.  But one against five aren't good odds.