4-AAA Predictions

AHSBBALL

I am assuming the same one the refs did.  Two taping where I was setting and what looked like a radio announcer.

You seem to have a good handle on the game, players, etc to be from elsewhere I saw a home video, cut off at a crucial point, that was telling. There will be repercussions.

I agree Maryville could and should win by as much as they want. 

Last nights game with Sevier County:  It still bothers me that the potential of Maryville isn't even tapped yet. 24, Upchurch,  set the example last night for how to play.Finally figured out some of the names last night for I can't hear much anymore.  Effort, hustle, defense, assists, running the team was right on the money. That kid needs to be on the floor to run that team plain and simple. It goes down hill when the coach puts others out there at point.

Defense by the rest of the team was lacking as usual. Blackman and Headrick (whatever the spelling) don't play defense at all, neither does Petrie. The best shooters are Price and the other Upchurch. Petrie did OK last night. The big kid that rides the pine. Come on he needs to be on the floor. Every time he comes in he scores, rebounds, and makes things happen. He can actually score and does as well as all the others helping in the paint and getting rebounds. Why in the world Maryville doesn't use transition is still beyond me. Points off transition beats a good defense any day. So why in the world would you let the defense set up and then have to run plays ad nauseam especially when no one seems to know how to get open without 15 screens.  Easy points win games and Maryville doesn't do that at all which is going to bite them big time in the tournaments coming up. Pressure defense gives Maryville problems and the only way to beat that is transition. This team beat them the last time and this game was closer than it should have been. Walking the ball down the floor and waiting for a defense to set up blows my mind. I might understand if they played the big kid more, post player, but they do not. Mark my words, if they keep up the subbing for no reason and they continue to walk the ball down the floor against pressure defense, sadly, Maryville will not make it out of the district tournament and if they do they will not get out of region. Hope Im wrong but that's what I see.

Maryville should adopt the style Carter does or go talk to them...from what I have been told their style has been successful for them when the overall talent is not always as good as their opponents.

@BA24 Give me a game and I can tell who can do what. Give me 2-3 with my tablet, programs of which there are numerous for basketball and dictation, and I can tell you any and everything about a team. Ive been around this for over 40 years.

@NormanDale3 Maryville could pull off Carters style easily. Ive seen Carter play several times and they could be pretty unstoppable with good guard play.

Chill, the player that came from behind the bench was a current player that is injured, he was not suspended.  There wasn't enough room on the bench for him, so he sat directly behind the bench.

As for the comment about parents being on the floor: yes, there were parents from BOTH sides on the floor.

Edited by threeball

Chill, the player that came from behind the bench was a current player that is injured, he was not suspended.  There wasn't enough room on the bench for him, so he sat directly behind the bench.

As for the comment about parents being on the floor: yes, there were parents from BOTH sides on the floor.

I couldn't say whether it was parents from both sides or not but there was definitely older people without uniforms on the floor. Anyone without a uniform on, school official, police, or a coach should be dealt with harshly. 

Have seen film...Not a single Parent/Adult from Maryville was on the Court other than Coachs or Admin...Multiple Parents/Adult from WB were on the floor other than Coachs or Admin...But overall it really wasnt that big of a deal,some adults probably just dont understand the reprecussions of running on the floor,dont think any adult from WB was trying to cause harm to any kid

If I was Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone I'd have a problem w the lack of a postseason ban...granted u can't compare the two brawls but the rule states there is a zero tolerance policy for fighting and teams fans getting involved.

Central and Clinton both got bans in soccer for fighting last year and missed the postseason and I think they are banned this year as well.