tssaa 2a playoff bracket

BDF36

We welcome the rematch! We have a tougher road with Huntingdon or Trenton but IF we get by them we will be excited to play the rematch. We will have almost everyone back by then and you will get a taste of how good we really are. You don't have the Neary train to ride this year.

Edited by TCAIntense

This conversation started because of my disagreement with the TSSAA standard that all teams must be represented in the playoffs and because I briefly mentioned TCA it morphed into something else. I have great respect for TCA as an academic institution and for their athletic programs. Have always been treated very kindly by their staff/administration/fans when I have broadcast TCA on the radio. I wish them well but the fact is, according to TSSAA playoff maps, if there had been NO representation from District 16, Adamsville would have been the #3 seed in Quad 4. Scotts Hill would have been the only team heading to Quad 3.

At any rate, I will state my disagreement one more time and then be done. I do not think teams who finished 3rd & 4th in their district, and did not qualify as wild cards in the matrix, should've been placed in the playoffs simply because the teams above them did something to get banned. Ask Watertown how they feel going 5-5 and getting shut out of the playoffs because of the rule.

Adamsville was going to be Quad 3 regardless. It doesn't matter when we play them it has to happen eventually and it will be in our house again. I am very familiar with West Tn basketball as well and know UC and Lake County have been there as well but with Mitchell and BTW you can almost bet one if those will be state champion or runner up year in and year out.

You don't have the Neary train to ride this year.

That was a formidable train.   As an Eagleville parent, I witnessed it first hand last year in the playoffs.  That being said, I seem to recall them have a lot of really good younger players as well.  My guess is that Adamsvile will roll to the semis easily.