Boyd vs Rockwood

TonyHorton91281

Well I'm finally getting around to posting on here. It was pretty late when I got back to The Reservation last night so I just let it go for a bit. First to Boyd, great people, everyone was extremely friendly that I met & that concession stand is off the hook! I mean real pulled pork BBQ nachos & Brunswick stew at a concession stand, that's pretty good grub. Facility was nice & the "liars wall" was a great perch to watch the game. The teams, both tried very hard to give this one away, Boyd just tried a little harder. A lot of mistakes on both sides but playing a quality team will tend to force you into mistakes, I think both sides suffered from that just a bit because both squads are very good teams. Boyd's #1 is incredible at safety, we were talking he could play at the next level now, the fact he is a freshman is crazy! If he gets better he will play on TV Saturdays & to be honest maybe Sundays if he's fast enough for Sundays. Rockwood was exactly what Rockwood is. I think I'll leave any critique for later given we play them Friday, don't wanna generate any Tiger fodder with a misunderstood post. Overall I had a very good time & watched a good football game. I guess the only surprising thing about the whole game was the Boyd fans. Now I met several very passionate fans & I'm sure there were plenty more I didn't meet but overall that was the smallest & quietest (except slice lol) home side to a playoff game I remember seeing. Rockwood brought a bunch & they rocked all night. It just didn't feel like a playoff game for Boyd. I'm not trying to bash & I debated posting anything about that but I actually had a few Boyd fans ask me to, saying they couldn't because they were part of it and they would ruffle feathers but folks needed to hear it. When I think November at the swamp I was expecting a rocking venue. Like I said, I had a great time & the Boyd folks were great, I guess I was just expecting a bunch of wild, rabid bucs once they kicked off. Reaction, pleasure as always, Slice calm down dude :lol: nice to meet you also. Maybe reaction can find a nice pic of a hot air balloon to post here for ya :roflol: Great place, great folks, great game, & one insanely long paragraph. See y'all at The Reservation, I'm out.

Edited by crow

We dropped a wide open TD pass and several that would have given us 1st downs. We make those plays we win. Rockwood deserved to win.

Having said that... These may be the worst refs I've ever seen. 3 times the ref walking off yardage got the yardage wrong. He didn't walk off as much as he should have. (Did this to both teams)

Tssaa should do some training because these guys need it. As I said earlier ...they were bad but unbiased.

WOW, guess some things never change! Always someone else's fault. Congrats Rockwood!!

Well I'm finally getting around to posting on here. It was pretty late when I got back to The Reservation last night so I just let it go for a bit. First to Boyd, great people, everyone was extremely friendly that I met & that concession stand is off the hook! I mean real pulled pork BBQ nachos & Brunswick stew at a concession stand, that's pretty good grub. Facility was nice & the "liars wall" was a great perch to watch the game. The teams, both tried very hard to give this one away, Boyd just tried a little harder. A lot of mistakes on both sides but playing a quality team will tend to force you into mistakes, I think both sides suffered from that just a bit because both squads are very good teams. Boyd's #1 is incredible at safety, we were talking he could play at the next level now, the fact he is a freshman is crazy! If he gets better he will play on TV Saturdays & to be honest maybe Sundays if he's fast enough for Sundays. Rockwood was exactly what Rockwood is. I think I'll leave any critique for later given we play them Friday, don't wanna generate any Tiger fodder with a misunderstood post. Overall I had a very good time & watched a good football game. I guess the only surprising thing about the whole game was the Boyd fans. Now I met several very passionate fans & I'm sure there were plenty more I didn't meet but overall that was the smallest & quietest (except slice lol) home side to a playoff game I remember seeing. Rockwood brought a bunch & they rocked all night. It just didn't feel like a playoff game for Boyd. I'm not trying to bash & I debated posting anything about that but I actually had a few Boyd fans ask me to, saying they couldn't because they were part of it and they would ruffle feathers but folks needed to hear it. When I think November at the swamp I was expecting a rocking venue. Like I said, I had a great time & the Boyd folks were great, I guess I was just expecting a bunch of wild, rabid bucs once they kicked off. Reaction, pleasure as always, Slice calm down dude :lol: nice to meet you also. Maybe reaction can find a nice pic of a hot air balloon to post here for ya :roflol: Great place, great folks, great game, & one insanely long paragraph. See y'all at The Reservation, I'm out.

You can't duplicate SMALL TOWN FOOTBALL. Its a shame that the private school kids never get to play in that type of enviroment I'd hate to live in an area where you have to issolate you're kids from the real world. Us small town folks are blessed.

WOW, guess some things never change! Always someone else's fault. Congrats Rockwood!!

They must not teach reading comprehension at Friendship.

You got "always someone else's fault" from

We missed plays that could have won the game...

Rockwood deserved to win...

And the refs were bad but unbiased ....

Sounds to me that you, the Friendship guy, is the one with an agenda here.

You can't duplicate SMALL TOWN FOOTBALL. Its a shame that the private school kids never get to play in that type of enviroment I'd hate to live in an area where you have to issolate you're kids from the real world. Us small town folks are blessed.

Real life experience says that those small town kids that actually leave the small town have a hard time adjusting to life outside of the small town

Real life experience says that those small town kids that actually leave the small town have a hard time adjusting to life outside of the small town

Well..I don't know your "real life experience", but we have had kids several work in the White House and several more attend Harvard.  You can take shots at small towns...but at the end of the day you are still sitting at home and our small town football team moves on to play another great small town football team.  Losers are still Losers no matter what excuse they have, or what cheap shots they take.