Chattanooga Central vs. Livingston Academy: week one of state playoffs

Harrisonhellcat

the truth about hixson central game. Central fumbled it something like 5 times and threw 2 int...one in the last 20 seconds for a pick 6 that made the score look a lot worse than it was.  Central drove the field all night but found a way to fumble it often.  hixson scored off turnover on the central 12 yard line once also.  that all being said a lose is a lose. we had a bad game  when playing hixson too! 

this game will be pretty much about the Central offense and the LA defense.  if central can score a few and move it well enough to keep the defense out of bad field position AND not fumble it, Central will have a really good shot to win this one. i look for this game to be more like a 20-14 game.

How do you figure its Central O vs. LA D? LA's O hasn't been stopped, even by the mighty Hixon team just outscored. Plus home field advantage for LA.

HOG-EYE has got this!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one thinks they're better or anything, just stating facts.

After the Facts comment I thought I would do my research on this topic to back our 8aa foe. Once again I am an 8aa homer, and if I did these numbers for my tigers and signal then the eagles would win dominantly on paper as well. So I know you have to play, but all I have read on these boards is how good their running game is and how LA has not seen a defense like this before. Central is pretty good on Offense against teams with losing records, but then again they probably had bad games against the 4 playoff teams on their schedule. Go 8aa. Go Tigers!

Central vs. Playoff Teams

Total 4 Games

Wins for 1

Losses against 3

D is giving up 23ppg

O is scoring 9ppg

Central vs. Sub .500 Teams

Total 6 Games

Wins for 5

Losses against 1

D is giving up 6ppg

O is scoring 25ppg

LA vs. Playoff teams

Total 7 Games

Wins for 6

Losses against 1

D is giving up 17ppg

O is scoring 40ppg

LA vs. Sub .500 Teams

Total 3 Games

Wins for 3

Losses against 0

D is giving up 4ppg

O is scoring 43ppg

Stats dont tell the story about this defense....what your research is not showing is red bank...one of the playoff teams, scored on a punt blocked for td a fumble return and int return and a safety..none of which the defense was on the field for. 23 points given up ...

hixson as stayed above scored 6 on offense also...this was honestly our defenses worst game giving up 4 big plays.  one of their backs had 130+ yards on literally 3 carries...

mcminn county scored all of their points from short fields from turnovers by the offense.

even east ridge who was our loss from a non play off team was a long kick return that they ended up settling on a for a fg.

so yes this is why i say it is Central offense vs LA defense.  the central defense will be the best defense LA has faced and Centrals defense is better than hixsons.   

If it were not short fields resulting from turnovers by our offense, i am not sure the defense has actually given up maybe 3 or 4 drives that have been over 50 yards all year. 

you might want to also note that our best running back was out the first 4 games of the year and was not totally healthy until the 6th  game.  

I am not saying we win this game at all,  but what i am saying is if central can move it enough to stay out of bad field position and not turn it over, central has a good shot at winning.

Heres my take on LA record and Centrals,we can go back and forth all day about both teams but in reality both districts were not very good .....should Central have more wins yes should LA be undefeated yes......but all stats and records go out the window come 7 tomarrow. ..should be a great enviroment and playoff game ....both teams have a shot a winning it friday night....I do recall a 5-5 LA team winning it all not long ago....goodluck to both teams and I promise the team with the most points at the end will be the winner.....so get your pannies out of a wad.....what you did in the first ten games mean nothing in the playoffs

Pounders: Those teams that are located north of I-40 are very tough especially this time of year. You must win the turnover battle..it is not impossible to win tonight but you must play at a higher level than you have played this entire year.(Just a comment from an experienced 8-AA traveler in football and bball).

correct, always 10 degrees colder up here in the UC than anywhere else in the state. Game time temp 39, be closer to 30 by second half in Overton Co.

Pounders should cancel out LA's speed. If they play heads up ball and we move the ball Pounders will win and come back to play in Chattanooga next week. It is cold on both sides. Pounders have weapons that LA needs to stop also. Do not let your QB be in a pocket for long or he is in trouble. Make sure the pitches to your running back is not to fast because of him getting hit before the running back is ready to get the pitch. Make sure your QB does not throw in a hurry because a blitz will be coming.  LA's QB will get hit and so will your running back.Get ready. This will be a good game.