Westmoreland at CPA - Round 2

sportsnerd

I guess the confusion of understand the difference between attracting and recruiting will never end.  When you charge kids to go to a school, charge them for lunches, charge them for books, charge them an equipment fee to play any sport, require them to cover their own transportation to and from school, practices and workouts, and require them to be academically strong and walk the chalk line of discipline, and parents still enroll their kids in kindergarten or early elementary school, you are not recruiting.  If you get parents to sacrifice and pay all that money and make that level of a commitment, you are attracting.   Go to the CPA Football page on Facebook and look at the NEXT LEVEL LIONS photo album of college football players that are former CPA Lions.  You will be looking at kids that all grew up in CPA from kindergarten or their early elementary years.  If your program needs work, don’t waste time bashing those that are putting in the hard work to be champions.   CPA plays teams with much more talent and size and with two or three times the number of kids to school from, yet CPA keeps winning.  It is 100% due to discipline, commitment, and outstanding coaches that are allowed to do their jobs without parents’ involvement.   Hire good coaches and allow them to run a disciplined program supported by your school system and parents.  Combine that with everything being 100% free, and the last thing you will be worried about is a Christian school with 250 high school kids.  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.136802516362040.14379.136601009715524&type=3

So what's the difference between attracting and recruiting. I would like to know how to go about "attracting" the number 1 8th grade point guard in the nation out of Iowa. Go in your gym and look at all the State Championship banners. It looks as if every TSSAA sport is covered! So tell me more about this "attracting" so I can try it out!

Basketball is a bit of a different animal but OK, here is how you do it…. Hire a head coach that was a standout SEC guard, who lives and breathes basketball and the development of boys into great players and even more importantly, great young men. Hire a coach that has such a charisma that he is often hired to do college basketball play-by-play on TV and college basketball talk shows. Hire a coach that demands hard work from his team and is willing to travel with them to play preseason tournaments against some of the nation’s finest competition. Hire a coach that is so committed to his family that he is willing to stay a high school coach so he can watch his five children, two of which are adopted grow up. Watch as your coach’s reputation spread throughout the country regarding his coaching talent and character and then sit back and watch as parents are so attracted to him that they choose to uproot house and home so their son who loves the game of basketball can play for a man like Coach Maddox. It is pretty much that simple. CPA has achieved the same thing for football in Ingle Martin. You can choose to hate CPA or learn from them. Make great hires of great men.

Someone has drunk the kool-aid.

Basketball is a bit of a different animal but OK, here is how you do it…. Hire a head coach that was a standout SEC guard, who lives and breathes basketball and the development of boys into great players and even more importantly, great young men.  Hire a coach that has such a charisma that he is often hired to do college basketball play-by-play on TV and college basketball talk shows.  Hire a coach that demands hard work from his team and is willing to travel with them to play preseason tournaments against some of the nation’s finest competition.  Hire a coach that is so committed to his family that he is willing to stay a high school coach so he can watch his five children, two of which are adopted grow up.  Watch as your coach’s reputation spreads throughout the country regarding his coaching talent and character and then sit back and watch as parents are so attracted to him that they choose to uproot house and home so their son who loves the game of basketball can play for a man like Coach Maddox.  It is pretty much that simple.   CPA has achieved the same thing for football in Ingle Martin.  You can choose to hate CPA or learn from them. Make great hires of great men.

And just how much would a school have to pay a coach of said qualifications? How would that compare to what the average Coaches of your competitors are paid. I also assume you have those highly qualified Coaches for each of your sports programs. So how are public schools to compete? By the way I just love it when your response to a post just further proves my point! I also like the way up throw around the word "hate". That in no way helps your argument. It just make you seem pompous. I have no hate for you, your school or definitely not your kids. I just see it as a unfair system and state points to support my view. But I know you are only playing the cards you were dealt. "sarcasm intended"

Please do not cry money just because CPA is a private school.  Most of the Tennessee coaching legends are public school coaches and CPA hired Ingle and Drew as young rookie coaches. Examples of public school coaches that work or worked hard and built great programs.

Rick Insell - http://goblueraiders.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1&path=wbball

Charley Anderson - http://tshf.net/halloffame/anderson-charles/

Gary Rankin - http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/prepextra/alcoas-gary-rankin-keeps-moving-up-states-career

Tony Brunetti - http://www.titansonline.com/community/article-1/Titans-Honor-Pearl-Cohns-Tony-Brunetti-as-High-School-Coach-of-the-Week/a532802f-124e-4c0f-8308-7280b74a0048

Well I guess you proved me wrong! "Sarcasm intended again"

I guess the confusion of understand the difference between attracting and recruiting will never end.  When you charge kids to go to a school, charge them for lunches, charge them for books, charge them an equipment fee to play any sport, require them to cover their own transportation to and from school, practices and workouts, and require them to be academically strong and walk the chalk line of discipline, and parents still enroll their kids in kindergarten or early elementary school, you are not recruiting.  If you get parents to sacrifice and pay all that money and make that level of a commitment, you are attracting.   Go to the CPA Football page on Facebook and look at the NEXT LEVEL LIONS photo album of college football players that are former CPA Lions.  You will be looking at kids that all grew up in CPA from kindergarten or their early elementary years.  If your program needs work, don’t waste time bashing those that are putting in the hard work to be champions.   CPA plays teams with much more talent and size and with two or three times the number of kids to school from, yet CPA keeps winning.  It is 100% due to discipline, commitment, and outstanding coaches that are allowed to do their jobs without parents’ involvement.   Hire good coaches and allow them to run a disciplined program supported by your school system and parents.  Combine that with everything being 100% free, and the last thing you will be worried about is a Christian school with 250 high school kids.  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.136802516362040.14379.136601009715524&type=3

Name one team that had more TALENT than you all this season. You can't! I saw them all this season and Marshall Co. would have been the closest and it still isn't that close.  You win with superior players and very good coaching. Please don't insult us and pretend that you all are coaching up little Johnny and beating superior athletes with discipline.... As far as basketball you all DO recruit. I won't get into naming names but even many of your own admit to the basketball shenanigans. Coach Maddox is a good coach but it makes it a lot easier when you begin with a stacked deck.