Dobyns-Bennett at Science Hill... Part 2

Indians blown out yet another season.

I'm a Dobyns- Bennett graduate of 1986 and I have supported the Indians for over thirty-six years win, lose, or draw. I was in the 80's class when the Indians played ALL the Knoxville division teams like Jefferson County, Farragut, and Sevier County. But I don't ever remember them playing Maryville. Next week, The Science Hill Hilltoppers  will wish they could play as great as the Maryville Rebels.

Tonight's loss by the Tribe was embarrassing just because they lost to a Hilltopper team that can only claim fame for one player and I'm not even going to have to print the name. Again, next week, that talented player will feel like he is graduating from high school to the NFL. The Rebels mean business and they are going to put the same hurt on SHHS  that SHHS put on  the Tribe. Great high school football comes down to a number of variables but the most important is not necessarily talented players. It starts with great coaching to the defense, offensive, special teams, QB, Rb's, and receivers and as a witness to DB football for the past 36 years, the coaching has been lacking. To have a State Championship team you need to have all the right coaches but the head coach must be the motivator of ALL his players and staff.

I was born and raised in Kingsport and I really love the area. What I don't love is many of its citizens. I grew up without being wealthy and because of that my family was always looked down upon. Unfortunately, Johnson City is worse in the way that many from there think they are just plain better than EVERYBODY else with one exception, SHHS has Coach Stacy Carter, and he is a motivator, young, and has an eye where to play talent.

And then there is Coach Graham Clark. Since I had him as a PE teacher he has always had his picks and it has kept him from ever winning a State Championship. He would rather play a popular player than a talented player and I can name an instance but I will not write it here, so thus popularity has turned Coach Clark into a mediocre, "Eh, we'll get'em next year" kind of coach. And he hides behind his failures as a great Coach by cracking some hillbilly anecdote to ease his pain and hopefully get the DB faithful to laugh off another loss every single time. I don't want to seem that I'm bashing another human being but I will not apologize for writing the truth. So before tonight's game in Johnson City I decided I was going to go watch a good football game played by a great football team from SW Virginia. In closing I will speak what I have overheard in the crowd for years at J Fred Johnson Stadium, Coach Graham Clark isn't serious about motivating his players or staff and it's time for him to retire as Head Coach of the Dobyns-Bennett Indians Football program. That school deserves better, the students, staff, and most importantly the young men that play their hearts out to carry on a season.

I will not apologize for being bias either.  The Science Hill Hilltoppers have a great coach that knows football but Maryville IS THE TEAM in NE Tennessee and come November 21st, 2014, The Hilltoppers will feel the sting of of a true and perfect football program. So best of Malick McGoo (oops), you're going to need it.

K.A. Collins 2014

Well there went a couple of minutes of my life that I'll never get back!!  :huh: Stroker you should probably go back to doing whatever you were doing before you decided to actually post.  :thumb:

Complete rambling nonsense. You DID in fact bash the character of Coach Clark. To infer that a guy who has won over 250 games and lost about 50 would sit a more talented player for a more popular one is offensive. It's amazing to me that posers that never played beyond high school (if that) are so sure that they know better than a guy who has won 80 + % of his games. Someone needs to manage their own lack of a fulfilling life and appreciate our coach. We become real forgettable when GC steps away.

That was some rambling nonsense I agree. But Although not rambling, your post has a bit of nonsense also. Clark is a good person in a Jimmy Carter kind of way. He's a good coach in a Phil Fulmer kind of way. He use to be good but just can't cut it anymore. He has flashes of his old self but just can't put it together anymore. Can't prepare a team for the big games and can't put a game plan together to beat good teams on a regular basis. He has made a big mistake by hiring friends and former players as assistants. Now that some of them are not doing their job he's not willing to make the changes to fix it. Friendships are more important than the players and fans. Blood is thicker than water sort of thing. And I guess that's alright if your in that group. Kinda' sucks for the players and fans though. But that's life in the big city. I couldn't say Clark would play a more popular player over a more talented player but there is some politics going on at DB. Always has been a little of that. I do think that Clark sometimes will start a senior over a more talented player. I think maybe that's one of those paying your dues kinda' things. I wouldn't do it that way because this is not a "upward" league. Also lets try looking at the win percentage without counting Volunteer, Central & Davey Crocket. Teams like that even I could win against with the talent at DB. Clarks playoff record tells the real story.

The more I follow you DB fans, the more I realize WACO makes a lot of sense. I also understand why, no matter where I am on a Friday night, when they announce scores of interest and they announce DB is losing, everyone cheers. Everyone, everywhere. You folks amaze me. Whine, whine. Not Batman, the dark knight is ok. Bud, you're such a sore lose. The worst. Sad little fella.

Edited by Pudding

Lord have mercy, I think Clark's house might be on fire by the end of the night by the way some of ya'll are talking. This is pathetic. Waco and Batman are the only DB fans that I can even listen to. All the others lay out excuse after excuse. Just face it, SH is by far the better team this year. They probably will still be better next year. I have a feeling they'll put Mathes at RB, so him and Bedard will be an awesome duo. Most of the defense is coming back. And to the guy saying he is 100% positive DB will win next year.. Are you kidding me? I need you to help me make some sports bets if you can call games that well. All you can hope for now is for Maryville to stomp us. Pathetic, same old stuff year after year.

Lord have mercy, I think Clark's house might be on fire by the end of the night by the way some of ya'll are talking. This is pathetic. Waco and Batman are the only DB fans that I can even listen to. All the others lay out excuse after excuse. Just face it, SH is by far the better team this year. They probably will still be better next year. I have a feeling they'll put Mathes at RB, so him and Bedard will be an awesome duo. Most of the defense is coming back. And to the guy saying he is 100% positive DB will win next year.. Are you kidding me? I need you to help me make some sports bets if you can call games that well. All you can hope for now is for Maryville to stomp us. Pathetic, same old stuff year after year.

Mathes has been clutch at WR for us the last two years. He and Bedard in the backfield next year though would definitely make for an awesome one-two punch.  If they move Mathes to primarily RB next year who will replace him at WR? Perkins will be back as will Holly, I believe. Isn't Mikey's younger brother a WR on JV? I've heard he's going to be as good as his brother. I think his name's Davian.

Mathes has been clutch at WR for us the last two years. He and Bedard in the backfield next year though would definitely make for an awesome one-two punch. If they move Mathes to primarily RB next year who will replace him at WR? Perkins will be back as will Holly, I believe. Isn't Mikey's younger brother a WR on JV? I've heard he's going to be as good as his brother. I think his name's Davian.

Who knows, all these kids have younger brothers I feel like. I'm still waiting on the little Shorty Adams to get into high school, kids gonna be a monster haha. I'm not too worried about next year, just the year after for the QB position.

Who knows, all these kids have younger brothers I feel like. I'm still waiting on the little Shorty Adams to get into high school, kids gonna be a monster haha. I'm not too worried about next year, just the year after for the QB position.

Is Shorty's youngest Jaylan? He's a Freshman. Isn't he QB of the Freshman team? He even played QB for the Varsity squad at Sullivan Central a few weeks ago.

Well thank you Waco (we all know what happened in Waco in 1992) and Cap1. Ive not heard the word poser since the 80's. Yeah, Clark's playoff record and win/loss % says a lot but why no Championships in all those years my friends? Help me understand that. Oh and it's only rambling because you had to read more than a sentence. Thank you though for your honesty. B)

All the others lay out excuse after excuse

I didn't even get invited to the pity party.

Stroker you should probably go back to doing whatever you were doing before you decided to actually post.

That was some rambling nonsense I agree. But Although not rambling, your post has a bit of nonsense also. Clark is a good person in a Jimmy Carter kind of way. He's a good coach in a Phil Fulmer kind of way. He use to be good but just can't cut it anymore. He has flashes of his old self but just can't put it together anymore. Can't prepare a team for the big games and can't put a game plan together to beat good teams on a regular basis. He has made a big mistake by hiring friends and former players as assistants. Now that some of them are not doing their job he's not willing to make the changes to fix it. Friendships are more important than the players and fans. Blood is thicker than water sort of thing. And I guess that's alright if your in that group. Kinda' sucks for the players and fans though. But that's life in the big city. I couldn't say Clark would play a more popular player over a more talented player but there is some politics going on at DB. Always has been a little of that. I do think that Clark sometimes will start a senior over a more talented player. I think maybe that's one of those paying your dues kinda' things. I wouldn't do it that way because this is not a "upward" league. Also lets try looking at the win percentage without counting Volunteer, Central & Davey Crocket. Teams like that even I could win against with the talent at DB. Clarks playoff record tells the real story.