Henry County hosts Millington- Round 2

MSURacer

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish I could make this trip. I have spent a lot of time in Henry County and know you guys are passionate about your team. Trojan fans that can go should there are great places to stay and eat in Paris. Henry County has a great tradition of great football and fans. Should be awesome. Can you guys give some ideas to us Millington folks on places to stay and eat?

Hump Day! And one day closer to some more football! Though there are some great places to eat around here, I would suggest that the best food in town that night will be at the field among the many tailgates going on. I know there will be a pot of shrimp gumbo going down at ours. And like was said earlier, Millington fans are welcome to join in the fun and take in the atmosphere that is Big Red Football! I've heard that others will be smoking boston butts, pork tenderloin, chili, etc. I hope that the Trojans will bring more fans than what I saw in the stands at Lawrenceburg. I know that was actually further so maybe there will be a good turnout for you guys. I'm just ready for Friday Night!!!

Go Big RED!!!

He looks impressive. Patriot fans, the Millington QB is a 3rd year starting JUNIOR. You just read that correctly. He's not only tough as nails ... he's smart and he's poised. He's as good, if not better then Ridgeway's QB. I don't think he gets rattled.

This changes things.

I don't see where anything changes.

Our boys will prepare for a good team.  Millington will prepare for a good team.  Make no mistake though, Henry County adores toughness, intellect, poise, and unrattled opponents. 

Our weakness this year, in my opinion, is that we have played up or down to our competition.  I saw a different team this past Friday.  They smell blood.  You can be assured we'll be playing up this weekend.

Millington will enjoy the most rabid, loud, and supportive crowd Friday night they have ever seen.  We have learned to love this part of the season here in Henry County.

More restaurants:

El Vaquero is the best Mexican in my opinion, fast

Olive Pit - good Italian, give yourself plenty of time

Ann and Dave's - meat and 3 type place, good, buffet

Pi Pizza - downtown, very good, not fast

Variety of the usuals:  McDonald's, Burger King, Steak and Shake, Captain D's, Dairy Delight

All are 5 minutes or less from stadium parking.

Our boys will prepare for a good team.  Millington will prepare for a good team.  Make no mistake though, Henry County adores toughness, intellect, poise, and unrattled opponents. 

Our weakness this year, in my opinion, is that we have played up or down to our competition.  I saw a different team this past Friday.  They smell blood.  You can be assured we'll be playing up this weekend.

Millington will enjoy the most rabid, loud, and supportive crowd Friday night they have ever seen.  We have learned to love this part of the season here in Henry County.

I like this post Facts, its full of facts! There was definitely an agressiveness that hasn't been seen in a while - the tone was set in the opening kick-off! I believe more of that plus some is in store for this Friday night...

I like this post Facts, its full of facts! There was definitely an agressiveness that hasn't been seen in a while - the tone was set in the opening kick-off! I believe more of that plus some is in store for this Friday night...

I agree completely. Something has clicked with the D and they are vicious. They certainly smell blood and this has really electrified the fans. Last Friday night was a completely different game from what we saw in the regular season. Go Big Red!

The video from the Munford game is up.  One of those games where defense is too fun to worry about offense.  I know Millington has faced a bunch of good defenses, but this one is really firing right now. 

http://youtu.be/DWNZZrSPVh0

2 questions:

Who is our #15?

How is their #13?

Not sure that was blood they smelled.  Raw meat maybe?

You may not SEE where this changes things but I do. Getting your starting QB back who has started since his freshman year, and now he is a junior is HUGE for Millington. The starter went out mid-season. Millington wouldn't have beat LC without him. Millington wouldn't be playing this Friday if it were not for his return. Henry County is still the favorite, with or without the returning QB, but now they (Millington) will be able to compete and have a fighting chance. He's a BIG part of their success. Otherwise, we would have been talking about a Henry County vs Lawrence County game.

You may not SEE where this changes things but I do. Getting your starting QB back who has started since his freshman year, and now he is a junior is HUGE for Millington. The starter went out mid-season. Millington wouldn't have beat LC without him. Millington wouldn't be playing this Friday if it were not for his return. Henry County is still the favorite, with or without the returning QB, but now they (Millington) will be able to compete and have a fighting chance. He's a BIG part of their success. Otherwise, we would have been talking about a Henry County vs Lawrence County game.

I understand.  Glad he's back on the field.

You have any comments about Millington's schedule?  Most of those teams aren't known to us.