Henry County hosts Millington- Round 2

MSURacer

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Shelby County area has a LOT of good QB's this year. Jordan Williams - Whitehaven, Cedrick Crawford - Melrose, Braxton Conard - Ridgeway, Tomadreus Trezevant - Mitchell, Andrew McIntyre - Craigmont, to name a few. I think Mr. Eldon Tyms at Millington was on pace with those guys before his season got cut short. I don't think it's blasphamey for him to be mentioned along with them. He makes that offense go.

Millington's QB is solid I'm sure as well as the other QBs not named Braxton and Jordan... Those two are something special IMO

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

So, all and all, Millington has to play slightly above their head and Henry Co. has to be looking ahead to Ridgeway for the Trojans to win, right? I think that about sums things up...

Wrong. HC has one of the best coaching staffs in the state and they don't let the kids look past anyone. You might be trollin' and if so carry on.

I would stay at the Quality Inn in Paris or go 15 miles past it to Paris Landing State Park Inn. Many choices for eats. It all depends on what you want. Fresh Market Restaurant is about a half mile past the Quality Inn on the right. If you are looking for Chinese, try Hong Kong Restaurant next to Mc Donalds. Good Mexican is El Vallarta about a 1/2 mile past Hong Kong. If you don't want to go to a restaurant, just walk up to any tailgate at the stadium. I can assure you, you will not be turned away. Enjoy your stay & GO BIG RED!!!

T

I would stay at the Quality Inn in Paris or go 15 miles past it to Paris Landing State Park Inn. Many choices for eats. It all depends on what you want. Fresh Market Restaurant is about a half mile past the Quality Inn on the right. If you are looking for Chinese, try Hong Kong Restaurant next to Mc Donalds. Good Mexican is El Vallarta about a 1/2 mile past Hong Kong. If you don't want to go to a restaurant, just walk up to any tailgate at the stadium. I can assure you, you will not be turned away. Enjoy your stay & GO BIG RED!!!

The Park Hotel has good food as well.

You may not SEE where this changes things but I do. Getting your starting QB back who has started since his freshman year, and now he is a junior is HUGE for Millington. The starter went out mid-season. Millington wouldn't have beat LC without him. Millington wouldn't be playing this Friday if it were not for his return. Henry County is still the favorite, with or without the returning QB, but now they (Millington) will be able to compete and have a fighting chance. He's a BIG part of their success. Otherwise, we would have been talking about a Henry County vs Lawrence County game.

I would add that with our starters we would have won district and not be travelling , Injuries hurt us.

Edited by dou

Without injuries, I think that we would have split the games with MBA and Liberty worst case. Quite possible winning both games.  With that being said, Injuries are part of the game of football and Championship caliber teams find ways to win no matter the injury situation.  In my humble opinion, My Millington Trojans will have to play extremely well and the Henry County team will have to make mistakes for us to come away with the W.  We are limited offensively with Eldon only at about 60% and without the play making ability of Keno at RB.  Stranger things have happened!. We had a team with 3 future NFL players lose in the first round of the playoffs one year. So, the best team doesn't always win. The crowd that we bring will not likely be large- But it will be Loud and is most definitely extremely loyal. Though very close to Memphis, We still fashion our self with our own "Millington" identity. You will see that Identity and "PRIDE" on Friday Night.  We are MILLINGTON!

I agree Rob, you always know what you are talking about. It will be tough for our TROJANS on the road against a Power House like H.C.. However " WE ARE MILLINGTON" good luck TROJANS!

I agree Rob, you always know what you are talking about. It will be tough for our TROJANS on the road against a Power House like H.C.. However " WE ARE MILLINGTON" good luck TROJANS!

Doug- Thanks for the kind words. Though It is definitely a challenge, I am confident that Chris and his staff will have our Trojans ready to play. We will play hard for 4 quarters and let the chips fall where they fall. Win or lose I have enjoyed the effort, determination, and passion that this team has played with. It would have been easy for this team to quit after injuries started to mount up. Instead, they became even closer and have put themselves in a position to keep playing in late November. Go Trojans!

Wrong. HC has one of the best coaching staffs in the state and they don't let the kids look past anyone. You might be trollin' and if so carry on.

Why would I be trollin'??? I am picking Henry Co. to win a close one... I just get tired of folks trying to play nice on here... Call the other team some bums, HOPE the other staff pays attention to this crap instead of the film and ENJOY this thing we got here in America called freedom of Speech... Gentlemen and Ladies, there's Nothing that can be said on this here CoachT Message board that can truly effect the outcome of a game... Talk Junk, please!!! LOL Listen, I'll show you what I mean in my next Reply to a certain Millington Fan...  :thumb: