How Would You like to Play in Front of This HS Crowd?

WarriorFan

This is what the Riverdale gym looked like several times last year during regular season girls District games as well as the District Tourney.  The gym seats over 2,500, but it was standing room only around the floor.  You can see people standing in the second picture above the bleachers in the auxillary gym. Click on the picture and it will expand. There is actually about a quarter of the crowd you cannot see in these pics because the camera angle is not wide enough.

258xf1s.jpg

Edited by WarriorFan

Recruiting battle? U have to be kidding me. Not the intention whatsoever. Players generally don't post on Coach T or read it...parents and fans do....LMAO

There have been recent years where Riverdale's enrollment has been 2,300+ students, and in the day Riverdale was built, there were only two high schools for the whole city of Murfreesboro (Riverdale and Oakland).  Riverdale was built to hold a couple thousand kids, so it would make sense the gym is so big.  Gibson Co plays really good basketball and their record speaks for itself, but I would be interested tho what single A school in TN has a gym that seats several thousand. Im not talking about making it to the state tournament at Murphy Center where people come to watch multiple games..... Im saying a high school gym. Gibson Co enrollment is under 500....I would be suprised a school board would build a gym that seats several thousand for a school with that enrollment size, and a Fire Marshall wouldn't let several thousand people in a gym that might seat 1,000 on a good day.  Please share.  :popcorneater:  

Edited by WarriorFan

Recruiting battle? U have to be kidding me. Not the intention whatsoever. Players generally don't post on Coach T or read it...parents and fans do....LMAO

There have been recent years where Riverdale's enrollment has been 2,300+ students, and in the day Riverdale was built, there were only two high schools for the whole city of Murfreesboro (Riverdale and Oakland).  Riverdale was built to hold a couple thousand kids, so it would make sense the gym is so big.  Gibson Co plays really good basketball and their record speaks for itself, but I would be interested tho what single A school in TN has a gym that seats several thousand. Im not talking about making it to the state tournament at Murphy Center where people come to watch multiple games..... Im saying a high school gym. Gibson Co enrollment is under 500....I would be suprised a school board would build a gym that seats several thousand for a school with that enrollment size, and a Fire Marshall wouldn't let several thousand people in a gym that might seat 1,000 on a good day.  Please share.  :popcorneater:  

You can't always go by the numbers.  The gym is one part of the plan the architect saw into the future. Gibson County's gym is one of the best gyms in West Tennessee still today because of its design.  Ask anyone who has played there. In tournaments past, it has seated well over 3000 fans. We start play tomorrow night and we will see about getting a picture posted on the topic.

Gibson County High School and gym was originally built to accomdate a AA/AAA school back in the 90's

over the years other high schooll have been built and renovated (Ex. South Gibson) and the student Pop.

in Dyer and surrounding counties have migrated to other schools.  I think this is the first year that GC has

played in single A.  Previously the school population was much larger thus requiring the larger accomodations

You can't always go by the numbers. The gym is one part of the plan the architect saw into the future. Gibson County's gym is one of the best gyms in West Tennessee still today because of its design. Ask anyone who has played there. In tournaments past, it has seated well over 3000 fans. We start play tomorrow night and we will see about getting a picture posted on the topic.

Seats over 3,000? Wow!!! Ya'll might have one of the biggest high school gyms in the state.....not even sure if some of the largest enrollment schools in the state has a gym that size. Been to hundreds of high school gyms over the years, but have never seen a HS gym for a single A or AA team in TN that big...heard of them in AAA like DB gym at 5000+ and seen Shelbyvilles 2700 seat gym, but certainly not for a school with under a 500 student enrollment. Bradley Central has a huge gym, but I'm not positive it is 3,000+. I would love to see a picture inside the Gibson Co gym! Thanks! :popcorneater: Edited by WarriorFan

Lol... As far as basketball facilities, I would put our main gym and our auxilary gym up against any Single A facility in the state. I would say our gym seats right under 3000 with standing room all the way around the top of the gym as the gym floor is below the main entrance level. With it being a horseshoe, it allows for anyone around the top to see the floor with no problem. In the Heather Butler days, the gym was packed out every night. No big deal.... It also helps that everyone else that we played was good as well. No offence, but I've been to Riverdales facilities as well and ours is a bit nicer.