Let's talk about CPA

LCFootballFanatic

And you have proof they recruit?

Why are you not asking this same question about Boyd Buchanan or Goodpasture or Lipscomb Academy or Knoxville Grace or Chattanooga Grace or Middle TN Christian or Nashville Christian or Clarksville Academy or Columbia Academy or Trinity Christian or Jackson Christian or Knox Catholic or CAK or Notre Dame or Chattanooga Christian?

You choose to single out CPA because they knocked you out of the playoffs when it is obvious there are many others who have chosen to go the same route?

Don't hate what you don't understand.

you know and I know that CPA recruits my friend and to say they don't is being silly and nieve!

If CPA went to DII it would more than likely be DII-A. I would guess that is where their enrollment would put them. What would they be scared of?? DCA, USJ, Friendship Christian??? The only school that could play with them on a yearly basis would be Webb. Seems line they would have a better chance there than against Alcoa. I don't think they are scared.

Right on, BPM. If we were scared why would be have scheduled in the last few years Milan (a consistent Top 5 program in 3A), Ensworth, Brentwood High, MBA, Maplewood, just to name a few - all outside of our district? Not to mention some other top programs we approached who would not play us. In DII, we would have likely won the state the last 3 years, and we instead have no titles.

Now that I am done with my Happy Veterans Day post..... I want in on this. When you have a former NFL Wide Receiver (Chris Sanders) as your coach and NFL Coach Jeff Fisher at your practice to pick up his son every day from practice. I guess that's not recruiting.... I guess Jeff Fisher is Presbyterian. That's why his boy played for them. In case somebody tries to deny Chris Sanders.... I still have his autograph on a pizza box from where he came with the other CPA coaches to check an see if we were ok after their 7-42 first round blowout over my Waverly Central. (Freshman year). Now you mentioned a bunch of other private schools.... Did you ever see Clarksville Academy in basketball tween 2009-2011..... They had two twin towers that showed up out of nowhere. Theses schools do recruit. They just don't have all the stuff that CPA does. The only reason we are not talking about Notre Dame instead of CPA is because they are in East Tennessee and have to go through a Gary Rankin Alcoa team first.

Guest AllBlue

They play in the Division the tssaa set up for them. Until that changes...why would they go to DII other than to give athletes aid? If they aren't going to do that...it makes no sense to move.

As I understand this, and maybe it has changed, in order to compete in tssaa playoffs, a team competing in DI cannot give financial aid on "varisity" level, which is considered 9-12 grades. However, at least in basketball, CPA rosters 8th graders (or has in the past). The assumption would be then those 8th graders (girls team has had 8th graders start varsity in the past) do not receive any financial aid. I'll leave that out there to the wolves.

I do believe, however, that if they dropped to DII they would end up with less competition, thus hurting their ability in the long run to "attract" (not recruit!) higher caliber students (ehh athletes). In other words, CPA will not budge (can't say I blame them) from where they are until TSSAA decides otherwise. They are simply a school taking full advantage of their situation. I don't have to like it, but that is the way it is. 

Might as well bring CPA back to a Middle Tn district. We wasnt complaining when we played them. If there recuiting in FB then there not recuiting hard enough. They still dont have a gold ball. Basketball thats a toss up lol. I want to know why kids seem to be tranfering out of the basketball program to bigger basketball schools...

I am wondering how CPA, Goodpasture and Lipscomb is "suggested" to be realigned with small public schools like Greenbrier next year?  Greenbrier has one feeder middle school and have to work with whatever players we get.   I do feel private schools get an advantage of picking and choosing who they offer admittance and  "scholarships" to.   

I am wondering how CPA, Goodpasture and Lipscomb is "suggested" to be realigned with small public schools like Greenbrier next year? Greenbrier has one feeder middle school and have to work with whatever players we get. I do feel private schools get an advantage of picking and choosing who they offer admittance and "scholarships" to.

And greenbrier still made the playoffs this year....