3a region 4 2015

i agree wingt can keep an oposing offense off the field. But, in this day and age with rules as they are....more and more spread offenses and they are doing well. You get teams Putting up 40-50ppg is hard to keep up running a wingt. That is unless you are very quick on defense and can force some three and outs. 4-5 recveiver offense require lots of speed on defense to be able to cover the field sideline to sideline.

Hambone says both views should get a stogie (cigar) and smoke it. If you have the MATERIAL to run the wingT, by all means run it. Beware though, you just don't decide to run the T and expect it to be a success immediately. It takes years to develop the offense. You almost have to come out of the womb learning to run the Wing T. If you have sprinters that burn the field, Lordy, Lordy get in the spread offense and look in your rear view mirrors and Beep-Beep outta' there. All of this said, run the offense you have thee material to run,  as all you posters already know. Puff that stogie 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hambone says both views should get a stogie (cigar) and smoke it. If you have the MATERIAL to run the wingT, by all means run it. Beware though, you just don't decide to run the T and expect it to be a success immediately. It takes years to develop the offense. You almost have to come out of the womb learning to run the Wing T. If you have sprinters that burn the field, Lordy, Lordy get in the spread offense and look in your rear view mirrors and Beep-Beep outta' there. All of this said, run the offense you have thee material to run,  as all you posters already know. Puff that stogie 

Coach Wright ran the Wing-T to near perfection many of years at York. It's just a matter of time before he gets the ball rolling again.

YI wont have anymore speed than an other team in the region. If you have 4-5 players who run a 4.6 or under your doing great in this region. Realistically though, the majority of teams in 3a-4 probably only have 2-3 players with that kind of legit speed any given year. I doubt DC had any last season to be honest.

for example....DC's OL/DL line in 2011-2012 is not much diffrent from 2013-2014. Diffrence in DC last year is guys like Molander, Fulloflove, and Milan. Its hard to replace that type speed. If DC had three kids like that this past year, they could have matched up better with kids like Linder. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

for example....DC's OL/DL line in 2011-2012 is not much diffrent from 2013-2014. Diffrence in DC last year is guys like Molander, Fulloflove, and Milan. Its hard to replace that type speed. If DC had three kids like that this past year, they could have matched up better with kids like Linder.

I know that goes for any team in this region. If you're lucky enough to have 3 guys with that type of speed on the team, and are actually starters and good players, then you're very lucky.

I know that goes for any team in this region. If you're lucky enough to have 3 guys with that type of speed on the team, and are actually starters and good players, then you're very lucky.

100 % agree. Need the speed to stop these high powered side line to side line offenses. And in this region, you get a kid with 4.5-4.6 speed, its huge.

100 % agree. Need the speed to stop these high powered side line to side line offenses. And in this region, you get a kid with 4.5-4.6 speed, its huge.

Sure enough, if DC would of had Milan this season, I believe he alone would of been good enough for at least 2 more W's for DC. LA would of still been a loss, as well as the SM game. Besides those two games, his speed may of been the difference in all of our other losses.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Sure enough, if DC would of had Milan this season, I believe he alone would of been good enough for at least 2 more W's for DC. LA would of still been a loss, as well as the SM game. Besides those two games, his speed may of been the difference in all of our other losses.

yes with just one player. LA had two burners and dominated last year with Linder and Hollars. UH had three the year before with CYork, Stevenson, and Hedgecoth. Both LA and DC had good team speed in 2012 and battled for the top spot. Speed kills in todays football. Hard to play 3 yards and a cloud of dust in todays game. I still remember DC giving a very athletic Giles team a good game back when yall had lots of speed on the outside. I thought that Giles team was better than the SM team you faced this past season in the playoffs.

yes with just one player. LA had two burners and dominated last year with Linder and Hollars. UH had three the year before with CYork, Stevenson, and Hedgecoth. Both LA and DC had good team speed in 2012 and battled for the top spot. Speed kills in todays football. Hard to play 3 yards and a cloud of dust in todays game. I still remember DC giving a very athletic Giles team a good game back when yall had lots of speed on the outside. I thought that Giles team was better than the SM team you faced this past season in the playoffs.

Yeah we gave Giles County a good game in 2011. Gave them their most competitive game until their loss in the semifinals. Our defense just wasn't there yet like it was in 2012, and we just didn't have the line play. Their line is what separated them from us in the 4th quarter.

While you don't see the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense as much anymore, you can still win at a high level using it. Coach Saban in his early years never had a qb, and just ran, ran, ran. The same goes for Miles at LSU, he rarely ever has a competent qb. Coach Bielema at Arkansas is the best example though. While he doesn't have the Hogs there yet, its hard to argue against his results at Wisconsin.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Yeah we gave Giles County a good game in 2011. Gave them their most competitive game until their loss in the semifinals. Our defense just wasn't there yet like it was in 2012, and we just didn't have the line play. Their line is what separated them from us in the 4th quarter.

While you don't see the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense as much anymore, you can still win at a high level using it. Coach Saban in his early years never had a qb, and just ran, ran, ran. The same goes for Miles at LSU, he rarely ever has a competent qb. Coach Bielema at Arkansas is the best example though. While he doesn't have the Hogs there yet, its hard to argue against his results at Wisconsin.

Hambone says a lot of successful HS programs are the direct result of Jr. High teams following the same schematics of their high school. When the kids get to  HS they don't have to learn new plays, terminology, blocking schemes and the whole ball of wax.. Smoke that stogie