3a region 4 2015

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 things that will hurt Smith Co in 2015...................1. Coaching(untill proved otherwise)2. OL/DL Smith doesn't have the big boys on either side like they did 2002-2010. 3. Team Speed

1). I see your point

2). I agree, not a big as usual, but growing

3). Transfer fastest player on the team - team so young, speed will improve a great deal as kids get older and stronger 

4) We are so bad our main goal is to beat Cannon

5) SC will be every HC team next year

6) Our BAND is MUCH improved

7) Don't take this years starters and compare to next years team. Athletes won't be on the bench. Too many good players who played one way last year will be on the field both ways and two deep players will be redirected to starting positions. Every athlete will play rather than have a lesser quality player at a position where the good athlete didn't play this year. Example: at fullback we are three deep and any one of them can start. That leaves two good players on the bench and they can be used at other positions to make us a stronger team. Also, we are three deep at TB and one or two of them can be moved to receiver. Oh well, since we are already marked a "W" on our opponents schedule, I don't guess it matters. Everybody wrap up and keep warm!!

1). I see your point

2). I agree, not a big as usual, but growing

3). Transfer fastest player on the team - team so young, speed will improve a great deal as kids get older and stronger

4) We are so bad our main goal is to beat Cannon

5) SC will be every HC team next year

6) Our BAND is MUCH improved

7) Don't take this years starters and compare to next years team. Athletes won't be on the bench. Too many good players who played one way last year will be on the field both ways and two deep players will be redirected to starting positions. Every athlete will play rather than have a lesser quality player at a position where the good athlete didn't play this year. Example: at fullback we are three deep and any one of them can start. That leaves two good players on the bench and they can be used at other positions to make us a stronger team. Also, we are three deep at TB and one or two of them can be moved to receiver. Oh well, since we are already marked a "W" on our opponents schedule, I don't guess it matters. Everybody wrap up and keep warm!!

Anything can happen in a year. The U went from 4-6 in '12 to 10-0 in '13. LA went from 3-7 in '13 to 9-1 in '14. It helps having kids like York/Ely/Stevenson and Hollars/Eldridge/Linder. Around these parts, all state type players don't grow on trees.This area also don't tend to go out and "bring talent in" that they don't have. But it can be done. Area teams have made huge one year turn arounds. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Back after a few years and had to redo my account. UHS will be strong in 2015. We have 80 kids working out in winter workouts. We also have 34 more playing HS baseball and basketball and Jr High basketball and baseball not yet working out with the team. 114 is a huge number, but should fall back to around mid 90's by season when they weed out some of these kids. I think we had 75 last season and only lost 7. We added over 30 from 8th grade. Several new kids from the school have come out to join the program, and know of 1 transfer from Cookeville's football program. If some of the new kids stay, the two twins have played before, we should have  around 21 seniors and over 23 juniors. I think we will be playing Pearl Cohn in the spring game. I have yet to hear who all we have for fall scrimmages. The schedule has gotten alot tougher. I think the coaching staff and team will be prepared. Mostly familar teams except for Grundy and Sequatchie Coounties. I dont have a clue what those two teams will bring to the table.                                                                                                                            I am expecting big things from the running back trio of Austin Butler(2400 career yards), Sauceman, and Middlebrook. QB spot should be 6'3 twin Stanton, who returns after a year off and a knee rehab. At receiver Izaya  Kennedy, Eli Butler, Dustin Diledine, Ben Guffey, Brandon Cowen, and Cody Lekenby all had catches in 2014 and return. The other Stanton twin  had alot of catches in 2013 and will also return this season. Key ol/dl  lineman starters returning are Big Frank(out in 2014), Windrow, Hopkins, Judkins, Wilkerson, Reinard, Wilkinson, Orecion, and Abboushi. Orecion, Windrow, Big Frank, and Reinard should all  push to make the all region team.

Defense will be lead by a strong group of linebackers which should include Austin Bulter, Dilan Cushing, James Gomez, and Noah Freedle. Freedle was hurt all but the first two games in 2014. Cushing and Gomez should contend for all region at lb. The defensive backfied will be very talented with Eli Butler, Dustin Diledine, Ben Guffey, Conner Smith, and Brandon Cowan all getting some playing time in 2014.

Lane Ball, a senior, was named Most Valuable Player of the 2014 DeKalb County High School Football Team during the annual Awards Banquet held Saturday night at the Smithville First Baptist Church Life Enrichment Center building. The awards were sponsored by Liberty State Bank.

Ball was named to the 1st Team All-District for the 2014 season and was an All Upper Cumberland Football Honorable Mention on defense for his 120 plus tackles at middle linebacker.

Other individual Football Player Awards are as follows:

Offensive Player- Steven Jennings
Offensive Lineman- John Bradford
Offensive Back- Luke Boss
Receiver- Aaron Patterson
Defensive Player- Lance Ball
Defensive Lineman- Joseph Pack
Linebacker- A.J. Mooneyham
Defensive Back- Jonathon Munoz
Special Teams Player-Matthew Poss
Most Improved- Austin Brown
MVP- Lane Ball
Coach Clay Edwards Memorial Tiger Pride Award-Hunter Stone

2014 District 8AA Award Winners from DeKalb County:

Most Outstanding Defensive End: Hunter Stone
Most Outstanding Wide Receiver: Aaron Patterson
Most Outstanding Quarterback: Steven Jennings
Most Outstanding Kicker: Matthew Poss

1st Team All District:

Lance Ball, Lane Ball, Jacob Hale, Jonathon Munoz, and A.J. Mooneyham

2nd Team All District:
John Bradford, Joseph Pack, and Luke Boss

2014 All Upper Cumberland Football Team:

1st Team-Offense
QB-Steven Jennings
(2,052 passing yards, 16 TDs/783 rushing yards, 11 TDs)

2nd Team-Offense
OL- Jacob Hale
WR- Aaron Patterson (40 catches, 719 yards, 4 TDs)

Honorable Mention-Offense:
John Bradford-Lineman Right Guard
Eli Cross-Lineman Left Tackle
Luke Green-Lineman Center

Honorable Mention-Defense:
Lance Ball-Linebacker 90 plus tackles LOB
Lane Ball-Linebacker 120 plus tackles MLB
Joseph Pack-Defense Lineman 30 plus tackles NG

Special Teams:

Matthew Poss-Kicker and Punter 3/5 on Field Goals & average on punts of 40 yards

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Lane Ball, a senior, was named Most Valuable Player of the 2014 DeKalb County High School Football Team during the annual Awards Banquet held Saturday night at the Smithville First Baptist Church Life Enrichment Center building. The awards were sponsored by Liberty State Bank.

Ball was named to the 1st Team All-District for the 2014 season and was an All Upper Cumberland Football Honorable Mention on defense for his 120 plus tackles at middle linebacker.

Other individual Football Player Awards are as follows:

Offensive Player- Steven Jennings

Offensive Lineman- John Bradford

Offensive Back- Luke Boss

Receiver- Aaron Patterson

Defensive Player- Lance Ball

Defensive Lineman- Joseph Pack

Linebacker- A.J. Mooneyham

Defensive Back- Jonathon Munoz

Special Teams Player-Matthew Poss

Most Improved- Austin Brown

MVP- Lane Ball

Coach Clay Edwards Memorial Tiger Pride Award-Hunter Stone

2014 District 8AA Award Winners from DeKalb County:

Most Outstanding Defensive End: Hunter Stone

Most Outstanding Wide Receiver: Aaron Patterson

Most Outstanding Quarterback: Steven Jennings

Most Outstanding Kicker: Matthew Poss

1st Team All District:

Lance Ball, Lane Ball, Jacob Hale, Jonathon Munoz, and A.J. Mooneyham

2nd Team All District:

John Bradford, Joseph Pack, and Luke Boss

2014 All Upper Cumberland Football Team:

1st Team-Offense

QB-Steven Jennings

(2,052 passing yards, 16 TDs/783 rushing yards, 11 TDs)

2nd Team-Offense

OL- Jacob Hale

WR- Aaron Patterson (40 catches, 719 yards, 4 TDs)

Honorable Mention-Offense:

John Bradford-Lineman Right Guard

Eli Cross-Lineman Left Tackle

Luke Green-Lineman Center

Honorable Mention-Defense:

Lance Ball-Linebacker 90 plus tackles LOB

Lane Ball-Linebacker 120 plus tackles MLB

Joseph Pack-Defense Lineman 30 plus tackles NG

Special Teams:

Matthew Poss-Kicker and Punter 3/5 on Field Goals & average on punts of 40 yards

How many seniors did DC have in 2014?