3a region 4 2015

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UCM, this post is directed towards you. I'm as big of a Jennings fan as you will find, but I think people may need to pump the brakes on him just a little bit. How is it you came to the conclusion that he has D1 talent and size?

Considering I have watched Jennings play more than anyone else on here besides of other DC fans, I believe my opinion should carry more weight than most other peoples. It's my opinion he doesn't have overall D1 talent at the moment. His arm strength is undeniable, but that's not all that goes into being a QB. At time's he is terribly inconsistent, and he doesn't always go through his progressions properly. Often he will lock onto a receiver early and force it to him whether that player is truly open or not. He is a smart player that doesn't commit many turnovers, and he has total control of the team while on the field. He is also a true leader, which is a great quality to have in your QB. He leads numerous types of ways. Through his play on the field, by other actions, and with his voice. He doesn't care to speak up when somebody is doing something wrong.

As far as D1 size goes, he is on the very short end as far as height goes. While doing a little research, I've found the average height of D1 QB's is 6'4 and 220 lbs, and that comes from multiple sources. The average height of FCS QB's is 6'2 and 200 lbs. The average height of D2 QB's is 6'0 and 194 lbs.

I believe I've also seen you state Jennings is being recruited by Vandy. Unfortunately, I don't believe that's the case, at least in football. In 2014 he did "visit" Vandy for the Florida game, but so did 100 other players. At this point in time I don't believe he's being actively recruited in football by any D1 teams. I've heard rumors, and let me say that again....RUMORS, that Jennings could possibly get a full scholarship in baseball at Vandy, and play football as well. Players can't be awarded two different scholarships for playing 2 or more sports. My understanding is that the baseball scholarship would cover all costs of football too if he so chose to play football as well.

Jennings is a good High School QB, but he's just not there yet as far as potentially playing real minutes at QB in college, especially at a D1 school. 

UCM, this post is directed towards you. I'm as big of a Jennings fan as you will find, but I think people may need to pump the brakes on him just a little bit. How is it you came to the conclusion that he has D1 talent and size?

Considering I have watched Jennings play more than anyone else on here besides of other DC fans, I believe my opinion should carry a little more weight than most other peoples. It's my opinion he doesn't have overall D1 talent at the moment. His arm strength is undeniable, but that's not all that goes into being a QB. At time's he is terribly inconsistent, and he doesn't always go through his progressions properly. Often he will lock onto a receiver early and force it to him whether that player is truly open or not. He is a smart player that doesn't commit many turnovers, and he has total control of the team while on the field. He is also a true leader, which is a great quality to have in your QB. He leads numerous types of ways. Through his play on the field, by other actions, and with his voice. He doesn't care to speak up when somebody is doing something wrong.

As far as D1 size goes, he is on the very short end as far as height goes. While doing a little research, I've found the average height of D1 QB's is 6'4 and 220 lbs, and that comes from multiple sources. The average height of FCS QB's is 6'2 and 200 lbs. The average height of D2 QB's is 6'0 and 194 lbs.

I believe I've also seen you state Jennings is being recruited by Vandy. Unfortunately, I don't believe that's the case, at least in football. In 2014 he did "visit" Vandy for the Florida game, but so did 100 other players. At this point in time I don't believe he's being actively recruited in football by any D1 teams. I've heard rumors, and let me say that again....RUMORS, that Jennings could possibly get a full scholarship in baseball at Vandy, and play football as well. Players can't be awarded two different scholarships for playing 2 or more sports. My understanding is that the baseball scholarship would cover all costs of football too, if he so chose to play football as well.

Jennings is a good High School QB, but he's just not there yet as far as potentially playing real minutes at QB in college, especially at a D1 school. He is the best QB in the region until someone else proves to be though. Hopefully this year he will put up huge numbers with his arm and legs. He really didn't put up gaudy, eye popping numbers during his first two seasons as a stater. 

Was the tall 6'6 QB from Clay County named Josh Endicott? If so looks like he transfered to Upperman accourding to the Herald-Citizen. He was a solid qb, post player, and pitch for Clay this past year. The HC Has his picture in the sports section saying "new transfer" wearing a UH jersey at basketball camp.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Considering I have watched Jennings play more than anyone else on here besides of other DC fans, I believe my opinion should carry more weight than most other peoples. It's my opinion he doesn't have overall D1 talent at the moment. His arm strength is undeniable, but that's not all that goes into being a QB. At time's he is terribly inconsistent, and he doesn't always go through his progressions properly. Often he will lock onto a receiver early and force it to him whether that player is truly open or not. He is a smart player that doesn't commit many turnovers, and he has total control of the team while on the field. He is also a true leader, which is a great quality to have in your QB. He leads numerous types of ways. Through his play on the field, by other actions, and with his voice. He doesn't care to speak up when somebody is doing something wrong.

I believe I've also seen you state Jennings is being recruited by Vandy. Unfortunately, I don't believe that's the case, at least in football. In 2014 he did "visit" Vandy for the Florida game, but so did 100 other players. At this point in time I don't believe he's being actively recruited in football by any D1 teams. I've heard rumors, and let me say that again....RUMORS, that Jennings could possibly get a full scholarship in baseball at Vandy, and play football as well. Players can't be awarded two different scholarships for playing 2 or more sports. My understanding is that the baseball scholarship would cover all costs of football too if he so chose to play football as well.

Jennings is a good High School QB, but he's just not there yet as far as potentially playing real minutes at QB in college, especially at a D1 school.

I think Jennings has a huge upside. Have seen him play 3 times in person and more on hudle.com. If he is only 6'2, he is a tall 6'2 cause that my height and he looks taller when up close. He does have great field command, above average arm strength, and seems to be a good leader. All this and the kid was 14-15 the two years he started with two full season to go. If he had been a senior this past season, he is a naia, d-2 type kid. But him possiblly getting to 6'3 210 by his senior season, he won't have great size, but well enough will all the intangables he has shown thus far. I also think some of the problem is DC's spread. This kid looks like a prototype pocket passer playing in a hurry up, spread offense more suited for guys like Conner York, Brock McCion, or Poteet. I can tell you, he has more arm strength,upside(judging as a soph), and height than any of the three mentioned before him. 2 of those guys play 1 level under d-1. If he gets the talent around hi to showcase his talents, and attends the right camps...I can see a bigger school taking a chance with him.

Was the tall 6'6 QB from Clay County named Josh Endicott? If so looks like he transfered to Upperman accourding to the Herald-Citizen. He was a solid qb, post player, and pitch for Clay this past year. The HC Has his picture in the sports section saying "new transfer" wearing a UH jersey at basketball camp.

Ok, got quick conformation from folks on the Clay thread this was the QB from Clay that moved in from N.C. and played one season of football,basketball, and baseball.

I think Jennings has a huge upside. Have seen him play 3 times in person and more on hudle.com. If he is only 6'2, he is a tall 6'2 cause that my height and he looks taller when up close. He does have great field command, above average arm strength, and seems to be a good leader. All this and the kid was 14-15 the two years he started with two full season to go. If he had been a senior this past season, he is a naia, d-2 type kid. But him possiblly getting to 6'3 210 by his senior season, he won't have great size, but well enough will all the intangables he has shown thus far. I also think some of the problem is DC's spread. This kid looks like a prototype pocket passer playing in a hurry up, spread offense more suited for guys like Conner York, Brock McCion, or Poteet. I can tell you, he has more arm strength,upside(judging as a soph), and height than any of the three mentioned before him. 2 of those guys play 1 level under d-1. If he gets the talent around hi to showcase his talents, and attends the right camps...I can see a bigger school taking a chance with him.

Yeah, he does have huge upside. He may be pushing 6'3, but on the last official roster update I seen, he was listed at 6'2. I'm not sure how much he weighs. He does have all the necessary intangibles to be a great QB though. He can also make every throw on the field. He will only continue to improve over the next two years. Most people don't realize he was only a sophomore last year. If he puts in all the work that is basically required to be a great QB, then he will eventually get there in good time. If he does all of that, then he could possibly play his way into a nice scholarship. With him playing baseball too, I'm afraid he may not be able to put in the right amount of dedication and time to reach his full potential at the HS level. 

I know in the past he has attended major camps. I don't know if he has attended any camps recently though, or if he plans on going to any this summer either. Last year he went to the Manning Passing Academy. That particular camp is going on right now. It runs from June 9th to June 12th. I know all the coaches there held Jennings in high regard. Peyton had several good things to say about Jennings according to an article written by WJLE around the time Jennings got back from the camp last summer. I reckon Peyton was really impressed with Jennings due to the fact Steven was just going into his sophomore year, and Jennings had been showing great arm strength, plus deadly accuracy with all of his throws throughout the entire camp.

Jennings will need to continue going to camps if he wants to possibly get noticed by any major programs. It will be extremely hard to get noticed on his own without going to camps. That is simply because he plays at the 3a level in Tennessee, and he doesn't  face quality competition regularly. That's not Jennings fault though, and he can't really do anything about it unless he was to transfer to one of the bigger Murfreesboro schools or something. It is what it is, ya know?

Ok, got quick conformation from folks on the Clay thread this was the QB from Clay that moved in from N.C. and played one season of football,basketball, and baseball.

Upperman seems to be attracting several players that could significantly help them out in several sports. Endicott was extremely raw last season, but the talent is definitely there. From what I seen of him, Josh easily passes the eye test. I'm not sure if he has any wheels on him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was Upperman's starter come game one. If he's not much of a runner, then that could work against him though. Considering Upperman runs an offense that greatly values a running quarter back, I'm sure they would prefer a QB that is a capable runner. It also doesn't surprise me that Endicott transferred. As soon as he got to Clay County last season, the word was he would only play 1 season there before looking to transfer out. I'm actually shocked it took him this long to find a landing spot. He chose a good school to transfer to. Upperman is on the up and up, and will probably be one of the favorites to win the district year in and year out. 

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Yeah, he does have huge upside. He may be pushing 6'3, but on the last official roster update I seen, he was listed at 6'2. I'm not sure how much he weighs. He does have all the necessary intangibles to be a great QB though. He can also make every throw on the field. He will only continue to improve over the next two years. Most people don't realize he was only a sophomore last year. If he puts in all the work that is basically required to be a great QB, then he will eventually get there in good time. If he does all of that, then he could possibly play his way into a nice scholarship. With him playing baseball too, I'm afraid he may not be able to put in the right amount of dedication and time to reach his full potential at the HS level.

I know in the past he has attended major camps. I don't know if he has attended any camps recently though, or if he plans on going to any this summer either. Last year he went to the Manning Passing Academy. That particular camp is going on right now. It runs from June 9th to June 12th. I know all the coaches there held Jennings in high regard. Peyton had several good things to say about Jennings according to an article written by WJLE around the time Jennings got back from the camp last summer. I reckon Peyton was really impressed with Jennings due to the fact Steven was just going into his sophomore year, and Jennings had been showing great arm strength plus deadly accuracy with all of his throws throughout the entire camp.

Jennings will need to continue going to camps if he wants to possibly get noticed by any major programs. It will be extremely hard to get noticed on his own without going to camps. That is simply because he plays at the 3a level in Tennessee, and he doesn't face quality competition regularly. That's not Jennings fault though, and he can't really do anything about it unless he was to transfer to one of the bigger Murfreesboro schools or something. It was what it is, ya know?

Upperman seems to be attracting several players that could significantly help them out in several sports. Endicott was extremely raw last season, but the talent is definitely there. From what I seen of him, Josh easily passes the eye test. I'm not sure if he has any wheels on him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was Upperman's starter come game one. If he's not much of a runner, then that could work against him though. Considering Upperman runs an offense that greatly values a running quarter back, I'm sure they would prefer a QB that is a capable runner. It also doesn't surprise me that Endicott transferred. As soon as he got to Clay County last season, the word was he would only play 1 season there before looking to transfer out. I'm actually shocked it took him this long to find a landing spot. He chose a good school to transfer to. Upperman is on the up and up, and will probably be one of the favorites to win the district year in and year out.

as I dig I am hearing two stories on Endicott. 1 is he will be competing with 6'1 running qb transfer from Vegas to see who will be the start and play all three sports at UH. If true, to be the starter, he will have to have enough upside for UH to somewhat chage the offense up from the running qb style offense. Word is the kid from Vegas is pretty darn good. The other story I hear is he is coming into UH to just focus on Basketball and baseball. The guy said his parents think he will top out at 6'7-6'8...and think his future is not in football. Either way, great add to Upperman. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

as I dig I am hearing two stories on Endicott. 1 is he will be competing with 6'1 running qb transfer from Vegas to see who will be the start and play all three sports at UH. If true, to be the starter, he will have to have enough upside for UH to somewhat chage the offense up from the running qb style offense. Word is the kid from Vegas is pretty darn good. The other story I hear is he is coming into UH to just focus on Basketball and baseball. The guy said his parents think he will top out at 6'7-6'8...and think his future is not in football. Either way, great add to Upperman.

Well even if he doesn't start at QB, you can never have too many quality quarter backs on the roster. Ohio State more than proved that last season. You just never know when a player ahead of you may go down with an injury. Endicott, or any other QB for that matter doesn't have to be a burner with sub 4.6 speed to run the zone read effectively. All a QB has to do is be fast enough to pull the ball out and pick up a few yards running it 4-5 times a game. That threat alone will keep a defense honest.

Last season Upperman didn't have as many designed running plays for the QB, nor improvised QB scrambles as they did the year before with York. I don't think Upperman will have to significantly change their offense to accommodate Endicott's skills. All Endicott has to do is properly read the ends, and be willing to keep the ball himself and run it a few times a game. 

Just watch how different Auburn's offense will look this year with Jeremy Johnson at QB instead of Nick Marshall. Johnson is a capable runner too, but he doesn't possess Nick Marshall speed or running abilities. He is a much better passer though, and Auburn's offense will reflect that this season. Their offense will basically be identical to the 2011 National Champion version with Cam Newton at QB, and Gus Malzahn at Offensive Coordinator.  

KEEP US UPDATED ON ANY NEW INFORMATION YOU FIND OUT ABOUT ENDICOTT.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Well even if he doesn't start at QB, you can never have too many quality quarter backs on the roster. Ohio State more than proved that last season. You just never know when a player ahead of you may go down with an injury. Endicott, or any other QB for that matter doesn't have to be a burner with sub 4.6 speed to run the zone read effectively. All a QB has to do is be fast enough to pull the ball out and pick up a few yards running it 4-5 times a game. That threat alone will keep a defense honest.

Last season Upperman didn't have as many designed running plays for the QB, nor improvised QB scrambles as they did the year before with York. I don't think Upperman will have to significantly change their offense to accommodate Endicott's skills. All Endicott has to do is properly read the ends, and be willing to keep the ball himself and run it a few times a game.

Just watch how different Auburn's offense will look this year with Jeremy Johnson at QB instead of Nick Marshall. Johnson is a capable runner too, but he doesn't possess Nick Marshall speed or running abilities. He is a much better passer though, and Auburn's offense will reflect that this season. Their offense will basically be identical to the 2011 National Champion version with Cam Newton at QB, and Gus Malzahn at Offensive Coordinator.

KEEP US UPDATED ON ANY NEW INFORMATION YOU FIND OUT ABOUT ENDICOTT.

all so true. The thing is, the Vegas kid went through spring and is 4.5-4.6 speed accourding to my work source, and they have reverted more back to the CYork area play calling. A kid that good at Basketball and basball(6-6 lefty) rarely will play football in HS if he sits the bench as a backup. I hope he does give it a go. Best things it seems to me is to put Endicott at qb, and move the Vegas kid to RB or WR. But I am not close enough to the situation to make that call. We shall see.

all so true. The thing is, the Vegas kid went through spring and is 4.5-4.6 speed accourding to my work source, and they have reverted more back to the CYork area play calling. A kid that good at Basketball and basball(6-6 lefty) rarely will play football in HS if he sits the bench as a backup. I hope he does give it a go. Best things it seems to me is to put Endicott at qb, and move the Vegas kid to RB or WR. But I am not close enough to the situation to make that call. We shall see.

You would have to think the Vegas kid will be the early favorite and probably get the nod.