Round 3: GCA @ Oneida

crow

Sounds like these schools are taking advantage of these boys that love the game and will do anything to continue playing. Burning the redshirt is bad.

I sent you an email, had an unanswered question.

That's a really common tactic in D2 & FCS. They both get a lot of very talented athletes often because of grades or off field issues. If they get them or any other joe freshman in & immediately burn the red shirt under the reasoning of either allowing the stud time to get straightened out or joe freshman not burning eligibility when he probably won't get time anyway they are all for it. Fast forward a couple years & the stud is going off or joe freshman turns into the stud his junior year they got him. They won't release him to a conference opponent & if he does transfer he's out of eligibility after sitting a year after the transfer. Even at a small D2 school it is a meat market. They're an asset as long as they have value, as soon as you are no longer useful you're cut loose. 100% about the coaches & 0% about the players. This did not happen to my son but I sat for 3 years & saw it happen over & over to others. I can't even imagine how bad it would be at a major D1 school.