Round 3: GCA @ Oneida

crow

I'll miss it as well old salt......!  Line'em up.....I never thought we were world beaters this year, just thought we were seeing something special the way we kept manufacturing wins.  I thought you would get us, Greenback, and prehaps Coalfield.......I actually thought we would get by Rockwood the first time....!  B) 6-4 or 7-3 would have been about what the doctor ordered up here, but that defense just showed up every nite....and with a whiz like Lambert leading them they were stuffing things they had no business stuffing.  Going to miss the Hampton road show.

Kaz

Yea Pujo, it made the summer more fun just looking forward to the Oneida game...I, for one, will miss it

i think our OOR schedule is Oakdale, GP, Meigs County & Kings Academy. Really hate losing the Hampton & the RW games. I was told that CAK, Alcoa, Pope John Paul, Giles County & Rhea County contacted Oneida but those were the first 4 that everything worked out with. Edited by crow

i think our OOR schedule is Oakdale, GP, Meigs County & Kings Academy. Really hate losing the Hampton & the RW games.

Yes, these last two years have been much fun!

And that boy of mine did mention he had spoken to you about college football....I will be interested in who all comes knocking next year and will holler if the team you mentioned is interesting at that point

Yes, these last two years have been much fun!

And that boy of mine did mention he had spoken to you about college football....I will be interested in who all comes knocking next year and will holler if the team you mentioned is interesting at that point

Don't get discouraged if the offers aren't full rides at D-2. I think they're limited to mid 30's on schollys so they generally get EVERYBODY to apply for everything they can & only give a partial if they can. They can give 60 or 70 halves vs 30something fulls when most qualify for grants or work study. The SAC self limited to 26 schollys for years but heard they lifted that a year or two ago.

Don't get discouraged if the offers aren't full rides at D-2. I think they're limited to mid 30's on schollys so they generally get EVERYBODY to apply for everything they can & only give a partial if they can. They can give 60 or 70 halves vs 30something fulls when most qualify for grants or work study. The SAC self limited to 26 schollys for years but heard they lifted that a year or two ago.

Don't even know the school you fellers are talking about but I heard LJ and Coby were wanting to go to the same school. Now that would be a blast.

One last thing......I feel pretty good with the crew that returns next year.  We got several  pieces that were kept on the shelf (rightfully so,,,) this year in hopes that the Iron Works start building muscle on'em.  There are going to be a few good kids that, athletically, might be an upgrade from the previous player.  The hallways had some boys that should "re-check" into their football roots too, because there is some butt uglies that would have definitely helped THIS YEAR.  Your hearing it here first....the Indians COULD be better next year if they keep going down the same path.....!  Leadership....Work Ethic....Pride.....Motivated.....

Kazanity

Plus it won't hurt at all that y'all are moving down to 1a, aren't you? May be a blue cross bowl in your future

Yes that would! You just never know who all will be watching next season!

Crow, ain't so worried about full ride, academically he won't have a concern.

Academically they're a very good school but pretty darn expensive. They have some very good folks in the financial aid department that are great at finding any help that is there. My son really enjoyed his years there. Going to games at a D-2 college is a lot like small town football. I got to know players & parents well including some from conference rivals that they played every year. The road trips are rough a lot of times. I've been from Findlay, Ohio to Savannah, Georgia and all points in between. I'm sure wherever he ends up he'll do well but he would love their system I believe. My sons first start he went 38-47 with 3 TDs and 500 yards passing. A QB playground.

Well take it from me we just set thru the whole process the money is in academic.D-2 dont offer athletic money to incoming freshman.I think they do make exceptions to the"stud" type but you can earn some money after your Freshman yr.We were at Tusc and CN both offered the same on academic my son got 10,000 with a 3.6 and 25 ACT,a friend i work with his daughter got the presidential and it was just 12,000$.If your kid wants to play college ball he better be a heck of a student or a full ride D-1 athlete or it will cost you.Our part was still 12,000$! Edited by orngnblk

Well take it from me we just set thru the whole process the money is in academic.D-2 dont offer athletic money to incoming freshman.I think they do make exceptions to the"stud" type but you can earn some money after your Freshman yr.We were at Tusc and CN both offered the same on academic my son got 10,000 with a 3.6 and 25 ACT,a friend i work with his daughter got the presidential and it was just 12,000$.If your kid wants to play college ball he better be a heck of a student or a full ride D-1 athlete or it will cost you.Our part was still 12,000$!

Those figures are correct. My son has received the same academic offer from CN.

Well take it from me we just set thru the whole process the money is in academic.D-2 dont offer athletic money to incoming freshman.I think they do make exceptions to the"stud" type but you can earn some money after your Freshman yr.We were at Tusc and CN both offered the same on academic my son got 10,000 with a 3.6 and 25 ACT,a friend i work with his daughter got the presidential and it was just 12,000$.If your kid wants to play college ball he better be a heck of a student or a full ride D-1 athlete or it will cost you.Our part was still 12,000$!

crow & OnB, I went through it with my 1st son...he was a 3.6 and about the same on ACT score...It didnt pan out for him at Tusc, I wasn't real happy with a couple of things....His room mate was a stud basketball'r from Cloudland and he left shortly after too.

This 2nd boy carries a 4.0 (AP courses, no chump classes), so he should be able to go where they offer him the best education for what he wants to do....What ever that is!

Edited by uknoit2