Round 3: GCA @ Oneida

crow

As far as I am concerned, all the cards are still on the table....Never say never.....Just have to make sure their names are getting out there and they work their butts off the next few months.

Thats the main thing,we played Maryville in the Jamboree last yr and the Mville coaches were impressed with my sons play.The strength coach and Oline coach talked with him after the game and the word of mouth got out and then BOOM he started getting letters from alot of the D-2 Schools and NAIA,then his play in the Coalfield game against their 55 really got it going.Name has to get out there then they have to conduct theirselves in a disciplined manner!

Thats the main thing,we played Maryville in the Jamboree last yr and the Mville coaches were impressed with my sons play.The strength coach and Oline coach talked with him after the game and the word of mouth got out and then BOOM he started getting letters from alot of the D-2 Schools and NAIA,then his play in the Coalfield game against their 55 really got it going.Name has to get out there then they have to conduct theirselves in a disciplined manner!

Discipline wont be a problem....Getting names out from up here takes a bit of yelling tho!

Guys that's a lil odd. My son was at Tusculum for 5 years and played football for 3. At the end of year 3 we had a total o $5,000 out of pocket in tuition. The two years he did not play was a very different story. Let's just say it's considerably more than the first three years lol.

Guys that's a lil odd. My son was at Tusculum for 5 years and played football for 3. At the end of year 3 we had a total o $5,000 out of pocket in tuition. The two years he did not play was a very different story. Let's just say it's considerably more than the first three years lol.

Me and Uknoit are gonna make them pay us. LOL

crow the exact words at Tusc this was in front of 75 recruits.I will quote If someone tells you an incoming Freshman gets an athletic scholarship at a D-2 school they are lying.Those were the exact words of the coach recruiting Lucas.Maybe its different now than then i dont know.CN told us the same thing(without the lying part).

Yes a full ride is correct. The financial aid folks help set up all the grant & scholarship (not athletic) they're eligible for then they look at work study and that sort of thing. After all of that they look at how much is left & go from there. All I know is the 3 years he played the out of pocket was about 20% of what the 2 he didn't cost. How they break down the difference I couldn't say.

The coaches at TC always said they didn't have a single full ride on the roster when my son was there. Not sure if they did or not but they claimed they didn't.

When I was at TC 100 years ago (not really but seems like it) played football 1 year before suffering a career ending injury. They didn't give athletic scholarships then at all they were still NAIA ..However after I could no longer play ball I couldn't afford to go???? All of the small scholarships and work studies I once had was no longer available??? Don't k ow exactly how but they will find ballplayers money if they want to. I k ow lots of small schools give half scholarships so they can have 150 kids there and redshirt every freshmen.

When I was at TC 100 years ago (not really but seems like it) played football 1 year before suffering a career ending injury. They didn't give athletic scholarships then at all they were still NAIA ..However after I could no longer play ball I couldn't afford to go???? All of the small scholarships and work studies I once had was no longer available??? Don't k ow exactly how but they will find ballplayers money if they want to. I k ow lots of small schools give half scholarships so they can have 150 kids there and redshirt every freshmen.

Yeah they like to burn that redshirt early so you get a lil more age & in case your a baller it makes it tough to transfer up if you have the chance. And yes they may not give freshmen a "scholarship" but they seem to find something for them. Like you said if a kid can get half or more paid by grants or non athletic schollys they like to break them into chunks & give them to 2 or 3 times the numbers. A couple of years ago TC had 120 something on the roster & probably 40 red shirts. Edited by crow

Yeah they like to burn that redshirt early so you get a lil more age & in case your a baller it makes it tough to transfer up if you have the chance. And yes they may not give freshmen a "scholarship" but they seem to find something for them. Like you said if a kid can get half or more paid by grants or non athletic schollys they like to break them into chunks & give them to 2 or 3 times the numbers. A couple of years ago TC had 120 something on the roster & probably 40 red shirts.

Sounds like these schools are taking advantage of these boys that love the game and will do anything to continue playing. Burning the redshirt is bad.

I sent you an email, had an unanswered question.