(11-1) Oakland @ (11-1) Blackman Part 2

oldfan41

I have read many posts about this topic and I will throw my 2 cents in.  I have seen both these teams a couple times this past season and in the past seasons also.  My thoughts are this.  Yes the players and coaches could of behaved or acted better.  But they are going to do what they havebeen doing the whole year.  Talking trash from week 0 through week 10 goes on.  I hate it and really think it has no place in the high school game.  The referees let it happen from week 0 and on and than in a highly tense big game quarterfinal match up, you are going to start calling stuff that you have let go the whole year.  My problem is with the TSSAA.  Get control of this stuff early and you would not have half the problems.  Great programs both with excellent players, coaches and fan bases.  But this is a competition.  Someone will win and someone will lose.  Do not put down the other teams players and call them names because usually your team has acted worse, you just love em so much, you are blind to their actions.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt 73557 you are a joke to even make a comparison those two games, our players were called the "N" word repeatedly by the bowling green fans, as I said before I dont condone the behavior either but If thaf was me out there playing oh you would have saw what a thug acts like if they were calling me such vile names, but of course like most Blacman parents I am sure you are just the perfect ciytizen and has always been, even as a young adult, kudos to you and your perfect kids cause I am sure yours wasnt apart of such an unprecedented event, trash talkinh in a "barbaric sport" go figure!!!!!

To all other posters I apologize for the rant,but I take just as much pride in raising my kids as the next, hence me and a handful of parents attending just about every practice the last four years, I am done with this subject!!!!

No worries Fb! Playing football I was called much worse. As a player and a coach as my coach taught me and believe me I got sick of hearing it but it always stuck with me! "you talk with your pads and your play" and he always told us "if you get flagged for saying anything but yes sir and no sir you will never play another down" so you kept your mouth shut and played! Just some thoughts but I will say easier said then done!