(11-1) Oakland @ (11-1) Blackman Part 2

oldfan41

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be a matter of who's head is really in the game.

This is a MUST test of which team is the most disciplined.  Can't have ANY silly penalties.  Trash talking needs to be stopped BEFORE it can begin. If the other side says something, IGNORE it and prove your worth with your plays.

The team that can do this, WILL win.

Coaches.  For you, make sure you pay attention to details.  Are the heaters working and fueled.  Got enough of them?  If not then who is getting more at the rental centers before all the construction crews have them around town can get them.

Details like this will matter .  Do all your players have needed Under Armor?  If not then why not?

Is the second string ready in case they have to go in and give the starters a break.

Details, details, details!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oakland's defense is playing at a higher level than the first meeting. However Blackman as a whole is playing a couple levels higher than the first meeting. Oakland's O is still searching for consistency. 5 fumbles last Friday night. If that happens this Friday then Blackman's second sting will definitely need to be ready. Should be an all out WAR. Blackman gets the win 35-21.

As I have stated in other threads my favorite team is Blackman, that's where my boy played! My hopes is for a state Championship! But lets not get ahead of ourselves. After the Hoover game I came away with some major concerns!! From the Oakland game to the Hoover game it seems to me that Blackman has went from playing Oakland a very hard nosed tough football to a more finesse speed type game! With most teams they played after the Patriots it was enough. But when they met up with a couple teams with athletes like Independence and Hoover they struggled. In the playoffs sometimes you're going to meet up with a team you're going to have to go back to the basics of smashmouth football!! At Hoover they pretty much lined up and went straight at the Blaze offensively and defensively! We were beat up in the trenches and on offense we had no power game at all. Their D-line was clearly smaller than our O-line and we got whooped upfront. I hope the Coaches addressed this and put in a heavy package with a fullback and two tights. With a big running back like they have a hard nosed fullback and huge line they should at least have it if they need it! I just think to get to the place the Blackman faithful want to get to when all is said an done, it's going to come down to good old fashioned hard nosed football in the trenches!!!

Edited by oldfan41