(11-1) Oakland @ (11-1) Blackman Part 2

oldfan41

Really wishing Oakland was at 100% health because IF Blackman wins, the injured kicker will end up being the excuse as to why we won. Not because we were the better team, made better plays, etc. It will all come down to "well if our kicker had been healthy the outcome would've been different." So here's to a great game, one that lives up to all of our expectations, free of (further) injuries, and no frostbite! :) Go Blaze!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right I was raised on Region 4-5A/7-AAA football.

As for the game, looks like it is going to be conditions similar to last year. Both teams struggled throwing the ball last year, so I would look for both teams to use high percentage throws, especially on the edge where both teams have shown to be vulnerable at times.

Their kicker being hurt creates an even smaller margin for error against Oakland so the Patriots execution will have to be flawless. Given Oakland's struggles in the red zone, one would think they try to simplify their offense or work on a short yardage set.

IMO, this a legacy game for the Oakland seniors. No doubt they have had a great season, but a loss in this game makes one wonder what might have been. Despite this game being on TV, I encourage everybody to go out and see this game in person. Could be a long time before you see a matchup of two teams this talented

Do you know what tv channel the game will be on?

Really wishing Oakland was at 100% health because IF Blackman wins, the injured kicker will end up being the excuse as to why we won. Not because we were the better team, made better plays, etc. It will all come down to "well if our kicker had been healthy the outcome would've been different." So here's to a great game, one that lives up to all of our expectations, free of (further) injuries, and no frostbite! :) Go Blaze!

I disagree. Special teams is just a part of the game. If Oakland loses, it will be because Blackman did what was necessary to advance like all teams do this time of year

I disagree. Special teams is just a part of the game. If Oakland loses, it will be because Blackman did what was necessary to advance like all teams do this time of year

All three phases of the game make a difference. If they don't have a kicker, Blackman could be getting great field position all night on kickoffs and punts.(imagine a 10 yard punt vs a 40 yd. punt) Let's also include that Oakland may have to go on fourth down deep in Blackman territory instead of kicking the field goal. Yes, the kicking game is a VERY important part. Can just blow it off and say that it won't have any factor in dictating a close game. Edited by thegreatone36

All three phases of the game make a difference. If they don't have a kicker, Blackman could be getting great field position all night on kickoffs and punts.(imagine a 10 yard punt vs a 40 yd. punt) Let's also include that Oakland may have to go on fourth down deep in Blackman territory instead of kicking the field goal. Yes, the kicking game is a VERY important part. Can just blow it off and say that it won't have any factor in dictating a close game.

Not blowing it off but Oakland kicked off their kicker right before the Blackman game last year and found a decent replacement. Chances are Oakland's punter will serve as a capable option. Winner of this game will be the team that wins the battle upfront, as it has been the last 2 seasons

Ive seen both teams now 3 times this year and Blackman stands out by far. Emotion always plays a big role in these games but talent always wins out and Blackman has the next level of talent that Oakland lacks. I see this one in a walk away...42-17 Blackman..Either way its time to bring the Gold home to Rutherford County where it belongs and show Maryville U that there are other high schools in the state that can win without recruiting!!

Ive seen both teams now 3 times this year and Blackman stands out by far. Emotion always plays a big role in these games but talent always wins out and Blackman has the next level of talent that Oakland lacks. I see this one in a walk away...42-17 Blackman..Either way its time to bring the Gold home to Rutherford County where it belongs and show Maryville U that there are other high schools in the state that can win without recruiting!!

Next level talent? Oakland has 3 kids that are going to the SEC and several playing FCS next year. Oakland hasn't always played up to its talent level, but on paper, their more talented than Blackman. Fortunately, games aren't played on paper

Dude u started watching in 1990 according to ur profile u were born in 1984 that would've made u 6 years old I was a parent right after u were born boy get a grip.

Yet you're the one who sounds like a 6 yr old on here .... what was that term you used ?? ####Wipe ?? Good Lord man,  you get a Grip .