Henry County-Ridgeway Part 2

HCFan

Is there any chance anybody's got a copy of their 1st meeting I would love to watch it!!! If u do put a link on here, thanks!!

Well, we get an opportunity to go to Memphis and taken on the Roadrunners! Been hoping for this game to materialize. Ready for this one to be here and anxious to hear where we'll be playing.

oldfan, I'll give you a brief rundown and then hopefully someone will post a link and you can see for yourself. It was a great game as was said before. The first half played out to a draw 0-0 after lots of punting back and forth. To say it was a defensvie struggle is an understatement! Henry County kicked a fieldgoal to get on the board first. Things opened up a bit and Ridgeway returned a punt for a TD followed by another TD run, then Henry County opened up the playbook a little and saw some success in the air to put together a drive and score. In the 4th qtr, HC went up again 15-14 with just about 1:30 to go in the game. At that point Ridgeway began to panic a little and was making some risky throws downfield. 26 seconds to go the clock malfunctioned. Took them a few minutes to get it straightened out, and unfortunately the Roadrunners settled down and made two quick passes and scored with 8 secs to go in the game to make it 22-15, HC had one last gasp as time ran out and dropped a TD pass in the endzone broken up by a Roadrunner to seal the victory. Very exciting game, but sad for us Patriot fans.

Looking to make this outcome a bit different this time around!!!

Go Big RED!!!

Well, we get an opportunity to go to Memphis and taken on the Roadrunners! Been hoping for this game to materialize. Ready for this one to be here and anxious to hear where we'll be playing.

oldfan, I'll give you a brief rundown and then hopefully someone will post a link and you can see for yourself. It was a great game as was said before. The first half played out to a draw 0-0 after lots of punting back and forth. To say it was a defensvie struggle is an understatement! Henry County kicked a fieldgoal to get on the board first. Things opened up a bit and Ridgeway returned a punt for a TD followed by another TD run, then Henry County opened up the playbook a little and saw some success in the air to put together a drive and score. In the 4th qtr, HC went up again 15-14 with just about 1:30 to go in the game. At that point Ridgeway began to panic a little and was making some risky throws downfield. 26 seconds to go the clock malfunctioned. Took them a few minutes to get it straightened out, and unfortunately the Roadrunners settled down and made two quick passes and scored with 8 secs to go in the game to make it 22-15, HC had one last gasp as time ran out and dropped a TD pass in the endzone broken up by a Roadrunner to seal the victory. Very exciting game, but sad for us Patriot fans.

Looking to make this outcome a bit different this time around!!!

Go Big RED!!!

Man sounds like a heck of a game! Good luck to both teams. Thank for the run down Drewcephus from that description u must have one heck of a memory!!

I watched the Ridgeway/Rhea Co. game. Wow what a game both teams played a very good game! I also watched Ridgeway play Whitehaven and Olive Springs, Ms. I was very impressed with them. These guys are very athletic and aggressive as any team I've watched all season. Including Blackman, Oakland and Hoover, Ala. I hate to say it but I have to give them the nod on this game guys. If y'all (Henry Co.) pull the upset u definitely deserve the win! They look really good. I guarantee Whitehaven don't want anymore from them this year!

Man sounds like a heck of a game! Good luck to both teams. Thank for the run down Drewcephus from that description u must have one heck of a memory!!

oldfan, my memory fades more and more these days! But you don't forget a game like that, it was epic. But like I said, we are looking to reverse the ending of this one. Make no mistake about it, the Big Red Defense is championship calibur and can stop them. Whether or not it plays out like that, well that's why they strap it on Friday nights. Though that was a great game back in September, this is the only one that counts. Play hard, make the plays and survive to the next round. I'll gladly take a victory in the Quarters over a regular season bragging rights game. Maybe we'll play at the Liberty Bowl!!!

Go Big RED!!!