Dresden Lions 2015

hogheaven

Dresden should have a better record this year looking at their schedule is a little weaker than last year. I think their will be a defendant improvement on the offensive side of the ball having a natural qb. We will see on the defensive side but Rang will have these boys coached up. The only problem I see with this team is thst there are to many l's on this team. They figure out how to play together this could be a real special team for the next few years.

That really worries me also. These kids have as much God given talent as any team I've seen at Dresden. Down side is they also have too many people in their ears telling them how great they are, I don't think they realize heart and hard work will take them much further than talent alone will. I'm excited to see how this works out.

That really worries me also. These kids have as much God given talent as any team I've seen at Dresden. Down side is they also have too many people in their ears telling them how great they are, I don't think they realize heart and hard work will take them much further than talent alone will. I'm excited to see how this works out.

Unfortunately you are right yso.  It is mainly the parents of the these kids telling them how great they are.  This years team will look totally different with Dresser at QB.  They will pass first and run second and that might upset a couple of parents whose kids were the focal point last year.  He brings so much more than just his ability to throw the football.  Natural leader with unbelievable work ethic.  I just hope they can put the team ahead of their own stats.  It is about winning and the individual awards will come.  The further you go in the playoffs the more attention your team and players will get.

Rang was not raised as an I person and he was not coached that way. Rang wants to win and he does not care who scores

Rang was not raised as an I person and he was not coached that way. Rang wants to win and he does not care who scores

Accomplishing what he has through high school and college its obvious that he is/was a team player. He will have his hands full with some of his kids parents, to put it mildly. This could be a very good season for the Lions and I would expect next year even better. Have we added any new coaches?

Definitely need a dline coach. We have a oline coach. Coach Rang definitely needs some help. I would say by watching every game last year thst he did it on his on as in game planning etc. I think he did a really good job considering what he came in to.

The last time I checked, the dline coach played dline in college. I believe all the coaches were up there on Saturdays, game planning with Rang. He didn't do it all on his own. I know we got off to a rough start last season but let's get real. The kids had to get used to a brand new coaching staff and we STILL made it to the second round of playoffs and lost to the team that won state. Not too shabby, if you ask me.

He played oline at Bethel. What I said about him doing it all on his on is what I got from talking to a couple of the kids that are/were on the team. Maybe the kids didn't see all the things the other coaches did behind the scene. At the midway of the season I saw Coach Rang calling plays on bith side of the ball. Thst is all I'm getting at. You are right about kids having to get accustomed to new coaches. And we did a have a great season considering all the changes that went on.