Any DB faithful pulling for The Hill this week?

blazer1set

That is a loaded question. Reverse it and tell me if Science Hill would pull for us of we played Maryville.

I took my son and 4 other teammates who are all now juniors on the SH team to watch Maryville and DB play in the playoffs in 2012.  Everyone of the players and myself wanted to see DB win because when the local community shines we all shine.  Much respect is due Maryville and rightfully so but in the TriCities we are all brothers in one way or another when it comes to athletics and brothers stick together.  We may fight each other to the bitter end when we line up against each other but if we don't have each others back when one or the other lines up against an opponent of Maryville's stature then something is wrong with the definition of community and TriCities IMO...

I took my son and 4 other teammates who are all now juniors on the SH team to watch Maryville and DB play in the playoffs in 2012.  Everyone of the players and myself wanted to see DB win because when the local community shines we all shine.  Much respect is due Maryville and rightfully so but in the TriCities we are all brothers in one way or another when it comes to athletics and brothers stick together.  We may fight each other to the bitter end when we line up against each other but if we don't have each others back when one or the other lines up against an opponent of Maryville's stature then something is wrong with the definition of community and TriCities IMO...

I saw that game too.    Opening kickoff Maryville fumbles, DB recovers at about the 15.   Looking good so far.  Then DB fumbles on their first play.    Maryville's first offensive play the RB goes off left tackle untouched for about 85 yards, suddenly less than 1 minute into the game and its 7-0.    Then it went back and forth until the 2nd half and Maryville put the game away.      Great game, that was perhaps DB's best ever shot at beating the Rebels

That is true TS2013. If one of our local teams was playing D-B or SH, most Maryville fans would pull for the local team. Sometimes the love is not reciprocated.

This is true Red Rebels but upper east Tennessee is starving for a gold ball.

Even with my upper east Tennessee tendencies I will be rooting for the Rebels.

Even though my dad and the old ball coach went to Science Hill.

Mom went to DB.