Wayne County Wildcats (2015 Edition)

wildcatalumni

How is the QB from Wayne county? Got a message that his hand was injured during the Waverly Union City scrimmage.

Also was told UC had their way with WC first team on both side of the ball.

He hurt his none throwing wrist awhile back at his house. I didn't think they was gonna let him play. I wouldn't know about the scrimmage...didn't go, hard on workin man to make 4 o'clock scrimmage

I would like to know myself.

Edited by wildcatalumni

Man i will be on the boat for the last 2 games n 1st rd of the playoffs! So i might be txtn u for some play by plays esp in the Huntingdon n 1st rd games.

dang that sucks man....the two games im looking forward to the most ...the brawl with huntingdon and the battle at cwood!!!!!!!!!!!

any news from scrimmage ...........anything

Well I was there and what I saw was not anybody having their way with us, however we did not look good on offense against either team we faced!  We have lots of work to do on offense, but looked decent on defense just made several missed assignments on defense!  We have to work on playing discipline football on defense and we will be tough!  WC's 1st string defense (what we know as our usual starters) were not sharp and only give up 1 score from each team before they started moving guys around and subbing players!  I suspect that was the case with all the teams involved!  Union city was clearly the best team and I thought Waverly was closely behind!  WC will get better, just need time and experience which we will get by playing!  Good luck to Union City and Waverly on your season, and to these WC young men, just work hard, stay healthy and we will accomplish great things!  Go Cats!!!!!!

WC played a lot of younger players tonight and had a couple starting lineman out, one with a shoulder injury and one with food poisoning. WC starting qb,Rice, only played about two plays because of his injury to his non throwing hand. Not taking away from the other teams as they were both better than WC today and played physical football and ran their assignments well but WC is going to be better than they were today. WC still has lots of work to do in getting the line in shape and in position after losing every starter to graduation except for a couple. Good luck to UC and Waverly this year, I think y'all both will have great seasons!

Edited by wildcat89

Well I was there and what I saw was not anybody having their way with us, however we did not look good on offense against either team we faced! We have lots of work to do on offense, but looked decent on defense just made several missed assignments on defense! We have to work on playing discipline football on defense and we will be tough! WC's 1st string defense (what we know as our usual starters) were not sharp and only give up 1 score from each team before they started moving guys around and subbing players! I suspect that was the case with all the teams involved! Union city was clearly the best team and I thought Waverly was closely behind! WC will get better, just need time and experience which we will get by playing! Good luck to Union City and Waverly on your season, and to these WC young men, just work hard, stay healthy and we will accomplish great things! Go Cats!!!!!!

Thanks for then info. And like 89 said we was down a couple starting lineman and QB. Other teams have no idea how much better #5 makes this team. Anyways it was just a scrimmage and im glad to hear alot of younger guys got to play because we need depth.

Well I was there and what I saw was not anybody having their way with us, however we did not look good on offense against either team we faced!  We have lots of work to do on offense, but looked decent on defense just made several missed assignments on defense!  We have to work on playing discipline football on defense and we will be tough!  WC's 1st string defense (what we know as our usual starters) were not sharp and only give up 1 score from each team before they started moving guys around and subbing players!  I suspect that was the case with all the teams involved!  Union city was clearly the best team and I thought Waverly was closely behind!  WC will get better, just need time and experience which we will get by playing!  Good luck to Union City and Waverly on your season, and to these WC young men, just work hard, stay healthy and we will accomplish great things!  Go Cats!!!!!!

thanks for the review.....i didnt expect the o to look good u dont loose your stating qb and keep on clicking ...everythings different ,qb to wr timing is off ,handoffs are different ,,decision making on the read is different.i think wc will be fine in time either way...getting used to back up qb or getting starter back

Got some things we can work on as seen from past scrimmage, but not to worry, always looking to improve. Go back to work tomorrow to correct some of those things. Got another quality scrimmage this Friday at Columbia Academy. Probably a team that will throw a little more, so it will be good for our secondary. I really like scrimmaging good teams in preparing for the season. Our team has a lot of athletism but right now lacks focus. We just got to put it all together.

Heres the upcomimg Scrimmage games leading up to the regular season.

Friday August 7th @ Richland

Tuesday August 11th @ Home vs Columbia Academy

Friday August 14th @ Hickman Co. Jamboree

(Vs East Hickman)

The CA game is scheduled to be at home but it depends on what kind of shape our field is in.

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2