Wayne County Wildcats (2015 Edition)

wildcatalumni

Couldn't go, had to work... But proly true; so what does that tell you?

I wished it would've been on a Friday and I would have made the drive.

By MARION WILHOITE

mwilhoite@c-dh.net

Tough luck sports editor, you no longer have a spot in the preseason high school football section.

But hold on for a minute, you can use the normal sports section to make your picks.

I have no problem with that, after all when they don’t shape up well in the end of the season no one knows.

For those who care to check, here are my predictions for the order of finish for regions involving area teams. Remember the region re-alignment means I can’t take last year’s region standings to just make them the same.

So, here goes:

Class 5-A, Region 5

1. Independence

2. Shelbyville

3. LaVergne

4. Columbia Central

5. Franklin County

6. Stewart’s Creek

7. Lincoln County

8. Summit

Class 4-A, Region 4

1. Marshall County

2. Spring Hill

3. Page

4. Lawrence County

5. Giles County

6. Tullahoma

Class 3-A, Region 6

1. Fairview

2. Harpeth

3. Camden

4. East Hickman

5. Cheatham County

6. Stewart County

7. Sycamore.

Class 2-A, Region 4

1. Cascade

2. Forrest

3. Westmoreland

4. Eagleville

5. Watertown

6. Community

7. Jackson County

8. East Robertson

Class 2-A, Region 5

1. Waverly

2, Hickman County

3. Decatur County Riverside

4. Lewis County

5. Scotts Hill

6. Loretto

Class 1-A, Region 4

1. Columbia Academy

2. Fayetteville

3. Huntland

4. Moore County

5. Mt. Pleasant

6. Richland

7. Cornersville

8. Summertown

9. Grace Christian Academy

Class 1-A, Region 6

1. Wayne County

2. Huntingdon

3. Clarksville Academy

4. Hollow Rock-Bruceton

5. Collinwood

6. Perry County

7. McEwen

8. Houston County

Clip

no love here either for ya bigby

howd cwood go last night........heard it was fairly close with starters in

if by "close" you mean 5 TD to 1... MTP scored 4 times in the first 7 offensive plays. Collinwood did look better than last year.

MTP still has lots of work to do to be at the same level as last season. small line.

Go Tigers.

if by "close" you mean 5 TD to 1... MTP scored 4 times in the first 7 offensive plays. Collinwood did look better than last year.

MTP still has lots of work to do to be at the same level as last season. small line.

Go Tigers.

I think "fairly close" is the nice way saying what you said. Mount pleasant will be fine. I think we're more interested in knowing if cwood has turned things around.

For those of you that have Facebook if you want to keep up with all things Wayne Co. Wildcat Football related. Games, Stats, Pictures, Videos etc then go like the page

Wayne County Wildcat Football

on Facebook.

I just uploaded our complete 2015 Roster and Coaching Staff earlier on there. Through out the season I will post numerous pictures/videos and keep up with our seasonal stats.

Also for all the new Region 6 opponents if yall want to get a leg up on the 'Cats go check it out and like the page. Yall will need all the help you can get no that yall gotta face WC Wildcats for that Region Championship!

Good deal, thanks.  I'll check that out.

Go Tigers.

I think "fairly close" is the nice way saying what you said. Mount pleasant will be fine. I think we're more interested in knowing if cwood has turned things around.

alumni nailed it .....just seeing how mtp saw it .....got my news from a cwood player....he did say line play about equal,if mtp got the corner forget it they was gone.them boys was fast B)

Logan Cole (#4) and Lucas Ray (#7) are two of the most polite and respectful young men I've met. They let their play do all their talking otherwise. They are excellent role models for the rest of the Wildcats. Good luck to those boys this their senior year.

alot of good kids on this wc team

I heard Cwood got beat 3 scores to 1..

Cwood has a nice back in Christian Weaver (#?)

but there passing game looks pretty bad especially on any pass more than 10 yards. They threw a few picks on deep balls. Oline looked weak but improved as the game went on(This is what will hurt them the most this yr IMO).

Was told MtP has an above avg team but on par with what they had last season when they went 7-5 and maybe not as good but good nontheless. They have 2 or 3 really fast players who can break a long one if we dont contain them. They have 2 very good CB's also who play good D in the D backfield.

By all accounts Cwood will be improved and could possibly push for that #4 spot. Maybe a 5-5 season is there ceiling with a 3-7 thr floor. I honestly think that coach they hired will have the program back in the next couple years frm all that ive heard he is a very dedicated and smart football guy.

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Very encouraging right here. CA will be at the least a 3rd rd playoff team maybe more. So you got any other news or notes from the game 89?

Much appreciated.

Not really, everybody still needs to remember that WC is still playing with their backup qb. Davis did a great job spreading the ball around and making good reads but the long pass just isn't there yet but will come, the kid is very athletic.

Not really, everybody still needs to remember that WC is still playing with their backup qb. Davis did a great job spreading the ball around and making good reads but the long pass just isn't there yet but will come, the kid is very athletic.

And CA is playing with a new qb that will no doubt get better with the talent that is around him.