Maryville... What are they doing different there?

Roba22

Well of course and I am not saying that Maryville's scheme is the main reason for their success. The guy coaching it is. However, with the success that Maryville has had with their offensive system, I am still surprised that no one else has adopted it.

The coaching staff is top notch. Can't take nothing away from them. About 90% of the time Maryville is putting 22 players out there that are better than the 22 of the team their playing. Most teams can't play 11 different guys on both sides of the ball. Huge advantage Maryville. If the other team has equal or better talent that's when GQ will win the game with his coaching. This year GQ hasn't "won" a game. Anyone on that staff would be13-0 with the team they have. Winning brings talent in. Talent wins and so on and so on. Imo. To the mafia, this is in no way a slam at GQ. He is the best I personally have ever seen at any level.

Ok that was just a basic fan answer.  What makes their staff so much better?   and you don't just "luck" into that kind of talent over a 14 year span.  They are "producing" it year in and out.   all i am asking is what are they doing thats so much better then other schools across this state?

Also would they ever consider playing another power-house like a Hoover or Don Bosco Prep or a Oscar Smith?  would like to see how they would do outside the state against other power programs.

I would love to see how MHS would do against perennial powers such as De La Salle (CA), Allen (TX) or St. Thomas Aquinas (FL)...as a Bearden Bulldog I would pull for the Rebels but they would have their hands full with programs that wouldn't be intimidated.

I would love to see how MHS would do against perennial powers such as De La Salle (CA), Allen (TX) or St. Thomas Aquinas (FL)...as a Bearden Bulldog I would pull for the Rebels but they would have their hands full with programs that wouldn't be intimidated.

I'd like to see Bearden play Tulsa Union or Jenks, Oklahoma.

My theory is fans of opposing teams want Maryville to play out-of-state powerhouse programs so they can have one of two responses; first if they lose to say I told you so, and second if they win to say well I don't feel nearly as bad about losing to them every year if they beat those guys. What does Maryville gain from playing these games? A travel bill. 

I truly feel most fans are upset when they see Maryville, because their school does not put forth the effort to reach a fraction of the success Maryville has obtained. 

My theory is fans of opposing teams want Maryville to play out-of-state powerhouse programs so they can have one of two responses; first if they lose to say I told you so, and second if they win to say well I don't feel nearly as bad about losing to them every year if they beat those guys. What does Maryville gain from playing these games? A travel bill. 

I truly feel most fans are upset when they see Maryville, because their school does not put forth the effort to reach a fraction of the success Maryville has obtained. 

QB #7 IS BACK?? WHAT'S GOOD BUDDY :mrgreen:

Good to hear your cries. Dougie had a good season didn't he. Couldn't figure out the double wing though. Cupcakes don't take smash mouth well. 

Win or lose Friday Maryville will be backs in the same spot year after year, because they've given themselves a chance. 

IT'S GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU BUDDY...ENJOY THIS SPECIAL TIME IN THE PLAYOFFS....YOU WILL BE FINE NO MATTER WHAT....BUT IT HAPPENS :popcorneater:

So you have a problem with high school football fans wanting to see powerhouses play each other then your gonna be miserable when the college football playoffs start.