Maryville... What are they doing different there?

Roba22

That's a stretch.  You ever watched teams like Oscar Smith from the Tidewater Area of VA, or Byrnes, SC, or Booker T from Miami, or Don Bosco from New Jersey, or Allen, TX, or Desoto, TX, or Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas, or De La Salle, or Mater Dei?  Look some of those teams up.  Tennessee high school football isn't the best.  Again, not a slap at Maryville, but c'mon man.

And right here we see your real reason for wanting Maryville to start flying all over the country ... so you can say see , I told you so ... I'm so sick of people always looking for some way to make Maryville look bad . I could give a Crap less about how Maryville would play against a team 2000 miles away . How bout a C'mon man for you , why don't you just say , Nice job young men , well done . That's my problem with all the Middle Tenn schools too .... they can't just say , Wow guys well done .... nope it's always , well if they played so and so , or if they had to go somewhere else .... anything else rather than say job well done . 

And right here we see your real reason for wanting Maryville to start flying all over the country ... so you can say see , I told you so ... I'm so sick of people always looking for some way to make Maryville look bad . I could give a Crap less about how Maryville would play against a team 2000 miles away . How bout a C'mon man for you , why don't you just say , Nice job young men , well done . That's my problem with all the Middle Tenn schools too .... they can't just say , Wow guys well done .... nope it's always , well if they played so and so , or if they had to go somewhere else .... anything else rather than say job well done .

you guys suck in the IFL

Reread my post. I said best teams. I believe Maryville would do quite well against them actually.

And just why is it that you think Maryville has anything to prove to you ? All you guys are so hilarious , this is all so you guys can feel like Maryville doesn't deserve your respect .... and when grown men continue to try and find a way to diminish other's respect for a group of Normal hardworking boys .... well I could really care less about proving anything to someone like that . 

Why not play them and prove you're the best in Tennessee? Or take on a top notch out of state program and represent Tennessee. I think they would do well in both cases fwiw, but they refuse to do it.

Why? Maryville has nothing to prove except being the best on Friday nights and once a year on a Saturday. 95% of TN teams don't play the privates ether. Just because people with money send their kids to a private school and also supplement the cost of requiting some good players doesn’t mean the school would always beat Maryville. Past 16 years is proof enough Maryville has nothing to prove.

Some of you envious haters have nothing to do but hate on a program that has a high level of success every year because of quality coaching and old fashion hard work.  Winning a championship or at least getting to the state game is proof enough you’ve been the best.

Why not play them and prove you're the best in Tennessee? Or take on a top notch out of state program and represent Tennessee. I think they would do well in both cases fwiw, but they refuse to do it.

Why? Maryville has nothing to prove except being the best on Friday nights and once a year on a Saturday. 95% of TN teams don't play the privates ether. Just because people with money send their kids to a private school and also supplement the cost of requiting some good players doesn’t mean the school would always beat Maryville. Past 16 years is proof enough Maryville has nothing to prove.

Some of you envious haters have nothing to do but hate on a program that has a high level of success every year because of quality coaching and old fashion hard work.  Winning a championship or at least getting to the state game is proof enough you’ve been the best.

The privates make me chuckle lol. They are like the lil kid off to the side screamin "look at me! Look at me." The classifications are set up based upon student population, schools that are limited by some geographic limits and prohibited funding of students. I have an idea! Privates prohibit "scholarships and " financial aid", limit funding for facilities (Vandy would swap with Ensworth any day lol) and require athletic competitors to be from a limited geographic area, then join the classifications. Nah. I didn't think you were interested. Oh, btw one of my sons has two state championship rings playing for a private. I get so tired of this bleating from these privates who are out of the limelight cept for their private circles. There can be no "true" champion unless there are no rules and it is a free for all for all schools. No thanks.

So they didn't turn down a home and home?

Ensworth said they would only do a home and home , Maryville was under Contract to play in the Doubleheader with Alcoa , and 2 other teams , with Maryville playing one team one year and the other the next year .... Ensworth didn't want to do that ... no big deal ... Maryville didn't try to make it something like Ensworth was scared to play them ..... but you did though didn't you ?? LOL 

Edited by pepvol