State Semifinal: Coalfield at Monterey

BigDave1967

I hope Monterey wins, but let's get real.

It's not like Monterey is a powerhouse year in and year out.

Some of this stuff coming from Monterey fans seems like they're used to this kind of thing.

Monterey may be getting too cocky for their own good.

new school being built, new attitude being formed I guess. Sorta like UHS at the other end of the county. Not your same old Putnam...well except for CHS

The thing is I agree with most of the stuff you say including how weak the east is. But there are some proud people from the east who are so happy their teams are where they are and you feel the need to constantly talk about how bad they are on multiple threads for multiple weeks.

My team was bad and I will tell you they were. It's just really hard to believe how far the east has fallen.

Enjoy your run UC, with Troussdale moving back to 1a with probably the best Freshman and Soph classes since the 90's, things will be back in order in 2015.

Not really. The way the grand old T$$AA has it drawn up Hartsville, Gordonsville, Monterey, Celina, etc now being in Region 5 will more than likely go west in the playoffs.

Both Coalfield and Monterey should be proud of the position they are in.  They may have  mountain to climb in either Union City or Nashville Christian but they should none the less be proud. I think Coalfield pulls this one out.  Close but they finally punch their ticket to the big dance!