Nashville Christian at Union City - West Semi-Finals

MisterObjective

The fumble on the first play of the game and subsequent TD we gave up inside our 10 yard line and the fumble on the 4th down attempt deep in our own territory and subsequent TD we gave up there kept NCS in the game...Basically, we don't turn the ball over, we probably win by 4 TDs last year and the NCS fans and players know it....The 8-point differential is very misleading....

I was gonna say something to that effect but. ...I digress. You are correct.

Ok......I've read all this blustery talk all week.  Now it's time get real.  Neither team has seen anything like they are going to see tonight - obviously.  Defense wins championships.  Both offenses are prolific and capable.  A few difference makers for tonight....

1.  Turnovers (duh).

2.  Field position (duh).

3.  Conditioning (duh).

If any of think you know how those are going to go tonight, you are kidding yourselves.  They are unknowns when talking about 15-18 year old kids.  Not going to take the time to delve into each one but here's a few thoughts.

1.  A kid that hasn't fumbled all year could cough it up 3 times tonight.

2.  (field position) Has either team really had to care about that up to now?

3.  Who has been on antibiotics all week and isn't really as strong as they normally are?

4.  Adversity - will both teams handle it equally well?  Doubt it.

This one's a crap shoot.

May the best team win.

Edited by stirringitup

I was gonna say something to that effect but. ...I digress. You are correct.

No disrespect but you guys want the best of both worlds. You run an offense that produces a lot of touch downs. The offense also yields more fumbles because of the pitching...misdirection and what not. The biggest fumble of the game was forced by your defense with about a minute to go.

Edited by bigb31072

No disrespect but you guys want the best of both worlds. You run an offense that produces a lot of touch downs. The offense also yields more fumbles because of the pitching...misdirection and what not. The biggest fumble of the game was forced by your defense with about a minute to go.

Yea you are right, and after that fumble UC flew a rare pass that scored right before the half.  The game was closer than 4 TD's.  NCS was driving at the end and shoulda woulda coulda scored to tie it up, but UC held on for the win.  Tonight the Eagles as the underdog, get to see if they can travel 2.5 hours on the road and take down the best 1A Football team in the history of the world.  

I agree 100%.I know what this offense does. Sometimes it's a double edged sword. There is always the potential for fumbles with the veer. You are correct about the biggest fumble of the game as well. I look forward to meeting you and anyone else who wants to get together in about 6 hours. Any idea when the NCS team will get here?

Yea you are right, and after that fumble UC flew a rare pass that scored right before the half.  The game was closer than 4 TD's.  NCS was driving at the end and shoulda woulda coulda scored to tie it up, but UC held on for the win.  Tonight the Eagles as the underdog, get to see if they can travel 2.5 hours on the road and take down the best 1A Football team in the history of the world.  

Come on man. We are not the best in the history of the world. Maybe the best team UC has ever put on the field. You are just being disingenuous. Will you be at the coachters meet or conference before the game? Hope to make this the biggest meet and greet ever.

NCS has more depth now than last year….players have matured, grown, and gotten stronger. There is a remarkable class of freshman wearing orange and blue. Dimensionality is what will win this ball game. Union City's offense is mighty and we will "fear the veer". We will also be ready for the veer, the wing t, the spread offense, or anything else you can run. Statistically and rightly so, Union City has built a dynasty on what they do and what they do well. NCS's dynasty will be built on sense and knowledge of the game. The coaches for NCS are diverse and will have all of the boys ready for the game, regardless of the misdirection and the ball control that the veer boasts.

Depth may definitely be a factor in this one.. It is definitely hard to have consistently at this level. I understand your players have grown and matured and increased their level of skill and play from last year to this year but so has UC.. They lost a minimal amount from a team who was clearly better across the board and just as deep. They have also grown and matured from last season and were the champs in Cookeville. I don't believe many if any underclassmen provide any advantage in this game due to the magnitude and skill levels.. However I just do not see this game being as close as last year based on my own analysis of last years game that could have and should have been UC winning by at least 21 had they not plagued themselves with fumbles and also stopped attacking and try to coast. No disrespect. I'm from neither area but believe UC may be the best 1A team ever from top to bottom.. Good luck to both teams I hope it's better than my prediction

I agree 100%.I know what this offense does. Sometimes it's a double edged sword. There is always the potential for fumbles with the veer. You are correct about the biggest fumble of the game as well. I look forward to meeting you and anyone else who wants to get together in about 6 hours. Any idea when the NCS team will get here?

Looking forward to it.

Come on man. We are not the best in the history of the world. Maybe the best team UC has ever put on the field. You are just being disingenuous. Will you be at the coachters meet or conference before the game? Hope to make this the biggest meet and greet ever.

Yea Big just making fun as NC were underdogs only one other time this year versus the top ranked 3A East Nashville team.  Who before their QB got hurt was a scoring machine avg over 38+ a game I believe going into that game.  NC held them to 7 total yds,  UC is a much different team but the NC defense is solid and UC may be surprised.  

Still working out the logistics and may be cutting it close to game time.  My private helicopter is broke down and may have to drive instead.  :) 

255? Not bad for a freshman; but thats not that strong when your going up against the strongest and fastess line you will ever see. Each member of our line power cleans over 400 pounds from what was said before the season started.

I would have to agree that 255 is not very strong especially for a kid his size. I wonder how much the rest of ncs team benches. WC realized they didn't have a very good weight program after playing UC in 09 and have really stepped it up. WC has backs benching well over 300 as well as the lineman with one lineman benching 485.