Semifinal Adamsville at Peabody

BigBlacknGold

This game lived up to the hype. Early in 3rd qtr Adamsville was in position to pull away. We didnt make the plays. Peabody never quit and kept playing hard. They had a chance to get back in the game and then they made their plays. This game was like a prize fight between two heavyweights just swapping blows. They landed 2 more than we did. Good luck tide go and represent the west well. My cards had a great year and next year we will be back ready to make another run at 12-6, 7, 8 or 5. Whichever day the championships fall on then. Heads held high boys you played hard and well enough to win. Great job Peabody.

I don't look for either Coach to kick it deep. We know all about #17 and I'm sure the Cardinals staff knows of #89 & #23. I again call special teams a wash.

I look for Adamsville to try to run between the tackles and mix in a play action pass. I feel like it's the best chance they have to move the ball successfully, but don't think they can consistently enough to win.

Peabody will attack the edges and with the deep pass.If the pass is not there, #7 will pull it down a go. He is an OK runner lol.

Hmmm, looks like I called one right with #23. That squib kick that got through was HUGE!

2 plays defined the game as they often do, the kickoff return for Peabody and the fumble for Aville driving for lead late. Rb was carrying the ball haphazardly all night and in wrong hand, it caught up to him. Congrats to Peabody on the win. Back and forth all night. 3-0, 6-0, 6-3, 6-10, 6-17, 6-24, 12-24, 14-24, 21-24, 28-24, 28-31, 35-31, 42-31. It was fun to watch. Qb running didn't seem to hurt as much as a few big pass plays did. Qb is as shifty as they come and has a great arm. Everyone remembers how Memphis Bball tigers lost NCAA after being up by 7 with 1 minute and change left on clock. I had to go back and watch espn classic to see exactly what went wrong, it was several little things, as was the case last night with Aville up 24-6. Move the sticks a couple times and things are different. Alas, we lost and gave up 42 points whether it was mistakes or special teams, or fumbles, good teams just can't do that. I say this with respect to those programs mentioned, I don't believe the best team won last night, nor do I believe the best team won two weeks ago in round two (tca). However the team that played best won each time (Peabody). Tca and Aville were loaded with I believe more talent and were better teams as a whole, however they got beat by Peabody who played a little better with what they had each night. To me the state rankings were right. 1. Tca 2. Adamsville 3. Peabody. Tca could very well have won gold with a slightly modified game plan. I would have liked to seen them run on 1st and 2nd down and have an automatic 3rd down passing machine and run clock and keep ball away from offenses like peabodys. But they would if had to disregard passing achievements. 2. Aville could have won it if they don't make little mistakes that add up to big things. Transversely, a faster paced more uptempo offense could have served the cards well from time to time. Peabody has been a good team all year and has played fearless in the playoffs and not made the little mistakes. Any of the three would have represented the west well maybe Peabody can show everyone the gap is finally closed between east and west. Good luck to them.

2 plays defined the game as they often do, the kickoff return for Peabody and the fumble for Aville driving for lead late. Rb was carrying the ball haphazardly all night and in wrong hand, it caught up to him. Congrats to Peabody on the win. Back and forth all night. 3-0, 6-0, 6-3, 6-10, 6-17, 6-24, 12-24, 14-24, 21-24, 28-24, 28-31, 35-31, 42-31. It was fun to watch. Qb running didn't seem to hurt as much as a few big pass plays did. Qb is as shifty as they come and has a great arm. Everyone remembers how Memphis Bball tigers lost NCAA after being up by 7 with 1 minute and change left on clock. I had to go back and watch espn classic to see exactly what went wrong, it was several little things, as was the case last night with Aville up 24-6. Move the sticks a couple times and things are different. Alas, we lost and gave up 42 points whether it was mistakes or special teams, or fumbles, good teams just can't do that. I say this with respect to those programs mentioned, I don't believe the best team won last night, nor do I believe the best team won two weeks ago in round two (tca). However the team that played best won each time (Peabody). Tca and Aville were loaded with I believe more talent and were better teams as a whole, however they got beat by Peabody who played a little better with what they had each night. To me the state rankings were right. 1. Tca 2. Adamsville 3. Peabody. Tca could very well have won gold with a slightly modified game plan. I would have liked to seen them run on 1st and 2nd down and have an automatic 3rd down passing machine and run clock and keep ball away from offenses like peabodys. But they would if had to disregard passing achievements. 2. Aville could have won it if they don't make little mistakes that add up to big things. Transversely, a faster paced more uptempo offense could have served the cards well from time to time. Peabody has been a good team all year and has played fearless in the playoffs and not made the little mistakes. Any of the three would have represented the west well maybe Peabody can show everyone the gap is finally closed between east and west. Good luck to them.

Sure,OK, you're right. Peabody is just lucky. Average at best.

Very good perspective. Great post. I wholeheartedly agree! Peabody got it done and we didn't. Congrats to all 3 teams on an outstanding season. Peabody, bring home the Gold for West Tn! Oldschool, I don't know anyone could objectively attack your post. Makes a lot of sense. Good luck to Cardinals next year. Great 4 year run!

no doubt that TCA and Aville are good teams, but I believe you're wrong about the best team not winning, TCA at no times ever showed a threat of stopping Peabodys run game, peabody had 450 yards rushing that game, and in the Aville game it came down to the skill people, Peabody came out at half and made adjustments they were missing one of their best offensive/defensive linemen for the final 3 quarters in #55, after half they made the needed adjustments and Peabodys offensive line gave the time malone needed to orchestrate a second half comeback, and that's what good teams do they go in and make adjustments and play their hardest, it seemed to me Aville played satisfied in the second half thinking Peabody was going to give the game to them, but that was not the case, Peabody did what good football teams do they came out and competed and Aville didn't do that, you can measure size and speed and strength but you can't measure heart and that's what separates the good from the great teams and Aville just didn't play with any heart Edited by Goldentide99

no doubt that TCA and Aville are great teams, but I believe you're wrong about the best team winning, TCA at no times ever showed a threat of stopping Peabodys run game, peabody had 450 yards rushing that game, and in the Aville game it came down to the skill people, Peabody came out at half and made adjustments they were missing one of their best offensive/defensive linemen for the final 3 quarters in #55, after half they made the needed adjustments and Peabodys offensive line gave the time malone needed to orchestrate a second half comeback, and that's what good teams do they go in and make adjustments and play their hardest, it seemed to me Aville played satisfied in the second half thinking Peabody was going to give the game to them, but that was not the case, Peabody did what good football teams do they came out and competed and Aville didn't do that, you can measure size and speed and strength but you can't measure heart and that's what separates the good from the great teams and Aville just didn't play with any heart

I agree with 90% of your post ! But I take offense to us not playing with heart !!!!! Sometimes your best isn't good enough ! But our team left it all on the field ! The sobs and tears were hard to watch, I hope yours are tears of joy next Saturday!

Like i said earlier in the postings on this topic of the game. "I'm not sure if Aville can compete with Peabody's second half ability." We come out every half and give everything we have. I have to disagree with the fact that we have less talent than Aville and Trinity. Our Skill people are monsters with blazing speed. Not taking away on how good Trinity's skill people are either. Kyle Akin especially. Aville had loads of talent in the big men category but lacked in skilled people besides #17. Overall Peabody was evenly matched with both.

no doubt that TCA and Aville are good teams, but I believe you're wrong about the best team not winning, TCA at no times ever showed a threat of stopping Peabodys run game, peabody had 450 yards rushing that game, and in the Aville game it came down to the skill people, Peabody came out at half and made adjustments they were missing one of their best offensive/defensive linemen for the final 3 quarters in #55, after half they made the needed adjustments and Peabodys offensive line gave the time malone needed to orchestrate a second half comeback, and that's what good teams do they go in and make adjustments and play their hardest, it seemed to me Aville played satisfied in the second half thinking Peabody was going to give the game to them, but that was not the case, Peabody did what good football teams do they came out and competed and Aville didn't do that, you can measure size and speed and strength but you can't measure heart and that's what separates the good from the great teams and Aville just didn't play with any heart[/quote

I was at the game and I'm unbiased. Adamsville played with a lot of heart. They never gave up. No way you can say that. As big a rival as they are we always know they play with heart.

With all that said if burcham holds on to the pick in the third quarter it is over at that point and you know it. If not go ask your coach he knows. But like we have said Peabody made the plays and deserved to win. I dont think anyone could question the heart of either of these two teams. Congrats we hope you do well next week. Bring home the gold