5A Semis (13-0) Hillsboro @ (12-1) Ridgeway

HighLife

Rivals 2014 Preseason Tennessee Top 35 Recruits  has DE Kyle Phillips listed #3 in the state. Whitehaven's Josh McMillion is listed at #7, and Hillsboro's Vincent Perry is listed at #19 as an athlete.

Scout.com has Whitehaven's Josh listed 2nd. Hillsboro's Kyle Phillips is listed 4th, and Vincent Perry is 17th.

ESPN 300 has Kyle listed as a DT at #163, and Josh is listed as an ILB at #164. There are a few other TN recruits listed before Kyle and Josh and some after. To make the cut on the ESPN 300, you have to be considered a 4-star recruit at a minimum. I think I counted a total of 10 guys on this list from the state of Tennessee. If you make this list you are considered to be amongst the cream of the crop.

This should be enough to give you something to use for comparisons.

Edited by kwc

Hillsboro fans ... us Memphis folk know the type of athlete that plays ball at that school. I witnessed those Melrose vs. Hillsboro battles in the past back in the day when there were only five classes of public school football and Melrose and Hillsboro were in 4A. Those were hard hitting affairs. If my memory serves me correctly, the first year they met in the semi-finals when Melrose hosted and lost to Hillsboro by a score of 7-6. The next year, Melrose traveled to Hillsboro and lost 21-20. The following year is when Melrose made it to the championship game for the first time in 4A. Those Melrose teams were coached by a Whitehaven alum named Kenny Ingram who is currently employed in the Athletic Department at Auburn University.

Make no mistake about it. We haven't forgotten, nor is anybody underestimating the type of athlete that are on that squad. You don't make it to the semi-finals in any classification in the D1 side of the play-offs if you aren't good, disciplined, and talented. We know Hillsboro has all three.

Looking forward to a good game. I'd be surprised if either team blows the other out. It's not going to be that type of party. This is Big Boy football. Everybody involved is bringing their lunch pail. Both are BIG and Athletic. This game is LOADED with players that will be playing on Saturdays in the near future. This is going to be a VERY well attended game. Count on the stands to be inundated with non-Hillsboro and non-Ridgeway fans.

Edited by kwc

Hillsboro fans ... us Memphis folk know the type of athlete that plays ball at that school. I witnessed those Melrose vs. Hillsboro battles in the past back in the day when there were only five classes of public school football and Melrose and Hillsboro were in 4A. Those were hard hitting affairs. If my memory serves me correctly, the first year they met in the semi-finals when Melrose hosted and lost to Hillsboro by a score of 7-6. The next year, Melrose traveled to Hillsboro and lost 21-20. The following year is when Melrose made it to the championship game for the first time in 4A. Those Melrose teams were coached by a Whitehaven alum named Kenny Ingram who is currently employed in the Athletic Department at Auburn University.

Make no mistake about it. We haven't forgotten, nor is anybody underestimating the type of athlete that are on that squad. You don't make it to the semi-finals in any classification in the D1 side of the play-offs if you aren't good, disciplined, and talented. We know Hillsboro has all three.

Looking forward to a good game. I'd be surprised if either team blows the other out. It's not going to be that type of party. This is Big Boy football. Everybody involved is bringing their lunch pail. Both are BIG and Athletic. This game is LOADED with players that will be playing on Saturdays in the near future. This is going to be a VERY well attended game. Count on the stands to be inundated with non-Hillsboro and non-Ridgeway fans.

Ridgeway simple manhandled HC this last weekend. HC had no answer for their running game. However if they are stopped and get into many 4th downs it will get interesting. I don't know if Ridgeway just had a bad special teams game or not, but they attempted to punt 3 times and were only successful one time for 26 yards. One was blocked which led to a TD and one was snapped over the punters head for a safety. HC's best chance for scoring was when Ridgeway had to punt.

Ridgeway was very good creating a small seam, and Harrison hit it quickly with outstanding results. However if Hillsboro forces them to punt very often, it will be interesting.

From a Henry County fan....Ridgeway is a very talented team this year. They played a great game last Friday night against us although we didn't play our best game of the season. I haven't seen Hillsboro play this year but If they're as good as advertised this will be the game of the week. Good luck to both teams on an injury free game.

BHS:

Depends upon the recruiting service. In one, Josh is rated either No. 1 or No. 2. In another, he's rated No. 11 or 12, while Drew Richmond over at MUS is rated No. 1. Then there are others. However, I do remember seeing his name on every one that I've seen this year. He's LEGIT.

He's got offers from LSU, Bama, UT, Vandy, and Ole Miss to name a few.

Kyle Phillips 247 profile

Since we have given the Hillsboro's Kyle Phillips his props. I though I'd give some props to one of the RW DEs. Both are excellent. #53, Elonte Bateman has already verballed to Arkansas State. However, I'm not going to feature him. I'm going to give props to the other DE, whom I say is just as big and dominating as any DE in the state, including Kyle and Josh. I'm talking about big #88, Mr. Terry Fultz. Below, I'm going to paste what I copied off of their media person's website which is Ridgewayfootball.net

I don't know where Terry will be playing ball on Saturday's ... but rest assured, he'll be on somebody's college roster come 2015.

With no further ado:

Terry Fultz  #88 6'5 260 DE Sr

IMGP3159%20(Small).JPG

2012 - Fultz is the starting left DE. He has excellent size, long arms and is very athletic. Fultz had a great game against Overton recording 4 tackles, 1 fumble recovery in win. Fultz contributed 4 tackles against Whitehaven. Fultz is improving with each game. He had 4 tackles, 1 sack and 1 forced safety in win over Kirby. Fultz added 3 tackles in win over Wooddale. Fultz added 5 tackles, 1 sack in Houston game. Fultz added 4 tackles and 1 sack in Southwind game. Fultz added 2 sacks in game against Germantown, giving him 7 sacks on the season. This So DE looks like another good college prospect in the making. Fultz added another 2 sacks in win over Collierville and leads Ridgeway with 9 sacks on the season. Fultz had 4 tackles in win over Lawrence County, and has been solid all season. Fultz was named 2nd team All District 15AAA DE. Fultz added another sack and 2 tackles in win over Craigmont. Coach Sutton says "Terry has been good for us this year, but he has so much room to be even more dominant. He'll certainly be recruited heavily before he's done". Fultz had 4 tackles, 1 for loss in 3rd rd playoff loss to Jackson Northside.

2013 - Fultz had a team leading 8 tackles against Olive Branch in season opener. Fultz applied heavy pressure to Southwind QB all night. He finished with 4 tackles, 1.5 sack. Fultz was a no show in Henry County game making only 1 tackle. Fultz had 3 tackles in Kirby game. Fultz had 4 tackles and 2 sacks in Whitehaven game. Fultz had 2 sacks  and 4 tackles vs Germantown and 5 tackles, 1 for loss vs Collierville.Fultz is beginning play up to expectations. He had 4 tackles, 1 sack, 2 tackles for loss vs Houston. Fultz finished 2013 as an All District performer collecting 71 tackles and 11 sacks.

2014 - Fultz had 2 tackles and 2 QB pressures in win over Olive Branch.Fultz had 5 tackles, 2 for loss and 1 sack, 1 forced fumble in Southwind game. Fultz had 4 tackles, 2 for loss and 1 sack in win over Henry County. Fultz had 3 tackles, 1 sack and a forced fumble in win over Kirby. Teams have stayed away from running at Fultz this season. Fultz had 2 tackles, 1 for loss against Whitehaven. Fultz had 2 tackles, 1 for loss in win over Germantown. Fultz had 4 tackles, 1 for loss in Collierville win. Fultz had 4 tackles, 1 sack and 1 tackle for loss in win over Houston. Fultz had 6 tackles, 2 sacks in win over East. Fultz made 4 tackles in win over Hardin Co in 2nd rd playoff. Fultz was named 1st team All District DE and Liberty Bowl All Star. Fultz played an outstanding game against Henry County registering 6 tackles, 2 sacks.

Edited by kwc