Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

The thing about strawman arguments... Who ever on last year's threads accused the defensive coaches of playing favorites?  We played a rotation of at least 15 people last year (if not a few more).  Campbell County and Clinton were passing about 70 percent of their plays and yes, Rhea County's backs were better than ours, especially on that night.

So admittedy some teams can figure out how to score without great RB's, but we cannot despite having better athletes than those teams? Care to explain why?

Additionally, you ignored how it made sense to go to a run heavy offense if we are lacking RB's. Keep up the blind homerism. You'll need it this year.

It seems strange that we've got good enough athletes to perform at an exceptional level on defense, but cannot perform even mildly above average on offense. It is also strange that the defensive coaches are accused of not playing the best athletes, but playing favorites, yet they get more from their guys than the offensive guys, who supposedly just play the best players.

Additionally, did Campbell County, Rhea County or Clinton have a great RB? Their offenses all performed close to as well or better than our offense, and there is no way that they had athletes that were as good as those we had.

However, if we don't have great RB's, then why are we going to a run heavy offense?

Campbell County and Clinton both had a great QB and Rhea County had a great offensive line. None had a great runner

Edited by catswild

So admittedy some teams can figure out how to score without great RB's, but we cannot despite having better athletes than those teams? Care to explain why?

Additionally, you ignored how it made sense to go to a run heavy offense if we are lacking RB's. Keep up the blind homerism. You'll need it this year.

Because Gaddis is an idiot and doesn't know how to coach. He never has

Not sure who you're talking about but I'm sure you won't get this at all but I'll let Gaddis & staff decide that. We can all have an opinion but truth notter sounds like a know it all. Hate for you to sound like him

If you don't know who I'm referencing, then you haven't been watching the freshman practice or scrimmage.

May want to give them a look before dismissing the kid.

I don't think the RB's at this point in time should even be a question. We could have Jim Brown in his prime (OK, maybe we could) and it wouldn't matter with what I've seen so far from the OL. Our RB's are being given the face to dirt treatment right when they get the hand off.

Unfortunately you're correct

If you don't know who I'm referencing, then you haven't been watching the freshman practice or scrimmage.

May want to give them a look before dismissing the kid.

I've figured out who you must be talking about. The jury is still out on him versus varsity defenders. He outclasses most freshmen. He WILL be great

Campbell County and Clinton both had a great QB and Rhea County had a great offensive line. None had a great runner

How many of our OL are playing college ball? Why couldn't they block five in the box?

Seems like other teams are taking what they have, making it the focal point of their offense, and succeeding. Meanwhile, we are making excuses for what we don't have (despite having better all around athletes than these teams), floundering, then going to an offense that's success is predicated on team weaknesses (OL & RB). Please explain how this makes sense, because I may be slow.

We did find some success with #10 around the left side of the line on multiple occasions, but I think they had put Clark on the line by then. Him, Warmbroad, and Alcorn if they have to play both ways are gonna be shot by the 3rd quarter in the heat this time of year in a real game.

You're right again. Our line needs to be better and hopefully will be but just have average linemen it seems. Gaddis puts his best linemen types on defense, or so it seems

How many of our OL are playing college ball? Why couldn't they block five in the box?

Seems like other teams are taking what they have, making it the focal point of their offense, and succeeding. Meanwhile, we are making excuses for what we don't have (despite having better all around athletes than these teams), floundering, then going to an offense that's success is predicated on team weaknesses (OL & RB). Please explain how this makes sense, because I may be slow.

A better question will be how many of those linemen actually play offensive line in college. Let me know.