Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

After reading your post I now realize how stupid I've been and I agree with you. I'll help you lead the charge to have DA Gaddis fired. He's coaching via Google and we can't have that. I can't imagine how Gaddis has been able to win anywhere without you, but I guess he had someone on Coacht helping him at all the places he's coached. Nonetheless, let's rid ourselves of him and his "Google Offense"!

Continually make jokes, but don't disagree that: 1) we had better OL last year; 2) couldn't run against 5 in the box with better OL; 3) new offense invites more people into the box; and 4) we still don't have a stud RB unless a freshman is ready to play varsity.

You are trying to laugh these points off, rather than type a response. The closest you've come to a response to reason the offense is "Google it." I guess if I had no substance to my position, other than "Google it," then I'd try to ignore the points and be funny as well.

Continually make jokes, but don't disagree that: 1) we had better OL last year; 2) couldn't run against 5 in the box with better OL; 3) new offense invites more people into the box; and 4) we still don't have a stud RB unless a freshman is ready to play varsity.

You are trying to laugh these points off, rather than type a response. The closest you've come to a response to reason the offense is "Google it." I guess if I had no substance to my position, other than "Google it," then I'd try to ignore the points and be funny as well.

READ CAREFULLY.......I'm serious. Get him fired and apply for the job. He's proven over the years that he can't win.

Why is everyone acting like last year was so bad.We was a top 5 team in 5a.West was better and no coach would change that last year.We had to many mistakes in playoffs.I think the weak comp in reg season hurt us more than anything.Only 1 team can win it all.Its not easy and thats why a lot of schools have never won 1.This year the line looks to be a huge problem.But before you go cliff diving we havent played 1 game yet.We are months away from playoffs.This new offense will work a lot better when they start targeting Tee and Darel more.No point in doing that in all your scrimmages when you know what works.You practice what needs the most work. Im amazed how people think coaches on all levels forget how to coach.

Why is everyone acting like last year was so bad.We was a top 5 team in 5a.West was better and no coach would change that last year.We had to many mistakes in playoffs.I think the weak comp in reg season hurt us more than anything.Only 1 team can win it all.Its not easy and thats why a lot of schools have never won 1.This year the line looks to be a huge problem.But before you go cliff diving we havent played 1 game yet.We are months away from playoffs.This new offense will work a lot better when they start targeting Tee and Darel more.No point in doing that in all your scrimmages when you know what works.You practice what needs the most work. Im amazed how people think coaches on all levels forget how to coach.

Finally a voice of reason. I agree with you. Whenever the Gaddis show starts, Truth Teller Man needs to call him and ask him about the offense. Does the show start tomorrow night?

Finally a voice of reason. I agree with you. Whenever the Gaddis show starts, Truth Teller Man needs to call him and ask him about the offense. Does the show start tomorrow night?

So obviously you aren't being serious with the "Fire Gaddis" stuff, which I have never posted. Again, the typical response of someone lacking any substance is to attack the person making a point or to deflect. You've mastered these tactics.

Would be nice if you could actually talk some substance regarding football, though. Have you just not been around the game much, but feel like you have to blindly support everything a coach does or you're not a fan? Questioning something doesn't mean you want the coach fired. Blindly following doesn't make you a better fan. Always funny to see people that just cannot discuss things rationally without going off the rails. Tends to separate those that think through their positions with those that have their opinions handed to them by someone else.

I didn't say last year was so bad. I have repeatedly and plainly said that we couldn't block 5 people in the box last year with a better OL than we have this year. Please notice that nobody has disagreed with these points.

I have also said that it seems strange to me that the "solution" we are seeing from the team is to go to a brand new offense that invites more people in the box. Once again, nobody has disagreed with this.

Now, let's discuss your point that last year wasn't so bad. I agree with you, which makes this wholesale change especially confusing. You got to the quarterfinals; however, you completely overhaul the offense. In so doing, you've made a QB that started double digit games unlikely to start, because he doesn't fit the offense. So it is obvious that the coaches were either wrong with the offense they ran last year, wrong with the offense they're running this year, or wrong both years. I will add that typically QB's improve greatly in their second year starting in HS. We should have a QB entering his second year as a starter, but we won't. That's on the coaches. It also appears that we are going to have more problems getting the ball to our two best offensive playmakers this year (Higgins & Middleton), which (in my opinion) is what good teams do.

I am not sure what offense we should be running, but the lack of consistency and complete shifting of gears with very similar personnel is strange to see.

Edited by OakRidgeTruthTeller

So obviously you aren't being serious with the "Fire Gaddis" stuff, which I have never posted. Again, the typical response of someone lacking any substance is to attack the person making a point or to deflect. You've mastered these tactics.

Would be nice if you could actually talk some substance regarding football, though. Have you just not been around the game much, but feel like you have to blindly support everything a coach does or you're not a fan? Questioning something doesn't mean you want the coach fired. Blindly following doesn't make you a better fan. Always funny to see people that just cannot discuss things rationally without going off the rails. Tends to separate those that think through their positions with those that have their opinions handed to them by someone else.

Ok, I'll be TOTALLY serious here. You called Gaddis gutless and your comments concerning the offense makes he seem to be a fool. If he's a gutless fool then he should be fired. I don't blindly support him or any coach but I would assume he's put more thought into this than you have. That's my opinion just like your opinion is yours. I sincerely wish and hope that you call him on the show and ask him your questions because your points make some sense but I'm sure he would have a response based on his reasoning to go to this offense. How's that for a serious response?

Ok, I'll be TOTALLY serious here. You called Gaddis gutless and your comments concerning the offense makes he seem to be a fool. If he's a gutless fool then he should be fired. I don't blindly support him or any coach but I would assume he's put more thought into this than you have. That's my opinion just like your opinion is yours. I sincerely wish and hope that you call him on the show and ask him your questions because your points make some sense but I'm sure he would have a response based on his reasoning to go to this offense. How's that for a serious response?

I like it.

Your opinion is based on what you assume. I'm sure you know the famous quote about why you shouldn't assume anything. My opinion is based on facts that I have repeatedly posted (better OL last year, inability to run against Rhea County, similar personnel otherwise, etc.) that have yet to be disagreed with by anyone, including yourself. Thus, I'll stick by my opinion, while continuing to hope that I'm 100% wrong. I can certainly admit that I've been wrong before and not much would make me happier than being wrong now.

RWR

I like it.

Your opinion is based on what you assume. I'm sure you know the famous quote about why you shouldn't assume anything. My opinion is based on facts that I have repeatedly posted (better OL last year, inability to run against Rhea County, similar personnel otherwise, etc.) that have yet to be disagreed with by anyone, including yourself. Thus, I'll stick by my opinion, while continuing to hope that I'm 100% wrong. I can certainly admit that I've been wrong before and not much would make me happier than being wrong now.

RWR

I can't agree with one thing you keep saying. I'm not conceding that the line last year was better than the one this year. They were bigger and looked better, but I'll reserve judgement until after we've played some games

The main reason we went to this offense from my understanding is because everybody knew we were going to have a much smaller line overall than we did last year. If we couldn't block in the spread last year, then I seriously doubt we were going to block anybody with the line we have this year, which is considerably smaller and physically weaker. So, from my understanding the coaches went to what the offense is now, which is more suitable to the strengths of our linemen (smaller, which relates to them being quicker and faster) which with this offenses blocking scheme is suitable. Now I am not sure what exactly is going on with the line coaching. Not sure if the coach has just lost the desire to coach or what's going on there, but I'm pretty sure he didn't forget how to coach linemen overnight. If I could tell him one thing I would say this is the year 2015. Kids today are much more sensitive than they were in the 80s and even the 90s and as bad as that is you have to adapt to the way kids are today. Sad it has come to that, but is what it is. That's all I will say.

Edited by SweetScience