Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

Come on, they call you a genius and you act like one. I was responding to a post that said we had no top notch running backs. I don't think either of the two you mentioned are running backs, but I guess I'm wrong because you're brilliant and can't be wrong.

It seems strange that we've got good enough athletes to perform at an exceptional level on defense, but cannot perform even mildly above average on offense. It is also strange that the defensive coaches are accused of not playing the best athletes, but playing favorites, yet they get more from their guys than the offensive guys, who supposedly just play the best players.

Additionally, did Campbell County, Rhea County or Clinton have a great RB? Their offenses all performed close to as well or better than our offense, and there is no way that they had athletes that were as good as those we had.

However, if we don't have great RB's, then why are we going to a run heavy offense?

It seems strange that we've got good enough athletes to perform at an exceptional level on defense, but cannot perform even mildly above average on offense. It is also strange that the defensive coaches are accused of not playing the best athletes, but playing favorites, yet they get more from their guys than the offensive guys, who supposedly just play the best players.

Additionally, did Campbell County, Rhea County or Clinton have a great RB? Their offenses all performed close to as well or better than our offense, and there is no way that they had athletes that were as good as those we had.

However, if we don't have great RB's, then why are we going to a run heavy offense?

I don't think the RB's at this point in time should even be a question. We could have Jim Brown in his prime (OK, maybe we could) and it wouldn't matter with what I've seen so far from the OL. Our RB's are being given the face to dirt treatment right when they get the hand off.

Edited by SweetScience

This reinforces my point on offensive coaching.

We had better OL last year & couldn't run against Rhea when they had five in the box. What's the solution this year? Run an offense that'll put more guys in the box. It's laughable.

Yeah man. I don't know. I guess we will just have to see. As the old saying goes. Things are never as good as they look, nor are they as bad as they look. You do bring up some very valid points, even if they aren't very popular with some of the folks on here. It's a whole new offense and will take some time, but we would all be lying to ourselves if we said we have been pleasantly surprised with how good it looks so far. I know I'm not.

The thing about strawman arguments... Who ever on last year's threads accused the defensive coaches of playing favorites?  We played a rotation of at least 15 people last year (if not a few more).  Campbell County and Clinton were passing about 70 percent of their plays and yes, Rhea County's backs were better than ours, especially on that night.

So glad to see my dawg freshpopscicle is back on. And Da Truth Teller may be on to something about who the best RB on the team is. As a freshman he has already made quite the impression on me.

Not sure who you're talking about but I'm sure you won't get this at all but I'll let Gaddis & staff decide that. We can all have an opinion but truth notter sounds like a know it all. Hate for you to sound like him