Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

So.... having one QB (btw only 1 QB that was ready to play) in the Blade years was a guaranteed win for the first game?  I am pretty sure he was 1-3 in openers. We have stunk it up in the preseason for as many years as I have lived here.  Btw, in answer to your question, he left once, we were undefeated the next year and the year after that we didn't make the playoffs and the Oak Ridge threads were off in loony land.  Not much of a case, sir.

Henry County - State Championship

Trenton Peabody - State Championship

Deciding on. QB is important. It is also likely that the staff knows which QB will start the first week, but doesn't have the guts to tell the other guy. There is a lack of leadership on the offensive side of the ball.

By the way, please explain why #81 got less reps than 4 or 5 other WR's last year? He was obviously one of the best, if not the best, playmaker on that team, yet didn't start most of the time. It's laughable.

And, I am not going to dump on the coaches after 2 scrimmages while installing a new offense. Not the time or place.

No problem.

What about after two years of being inept on offense?

Go look at our scores from the past two years. See how many teams we held to their lowest or second lowest point totals for that year, then see how many teams had their best defensive effort against us.

Henry County - State Championship

Trenton Peabody - State Championship

Deciding on. QB is important. It is also likely that the staff knows which QB will start the first week, but doesn't have the guts to tell the other guy. There is a lack of leadership on the offensive side of the ball.

By the way, please explain why #81 got less reps than 4 or 5 other WR's last year? He was obviously one of the best, if not the best, playmaker on that team, yet didn't start most of the time. It's laughable.

Ok Bladerunner,

I think if you polled people from either Trenton or Paris, they will tell you that Gaddis built a great foundation and, more importantly, raised the level of expectation so that the next hire would be one that would keep their schools playing at a high level.

I don't agree with you on the QB situation and I'm at practice every day.  Certainly the other possibility is that neither QB has distanced himself from the other.  Happens pretty often in football.

Can't explain why #81 or #1 didn't get the ball more.  I would have like to have seen it.

Also, what's the deal with the OL? We had 3-4 linemen sign on with different schools after the season (lower level school's), but still signed. They were pitiful last year. So do you think that was coaching or the kids? Why are so many kids quitting on the OL I'm reading? Could this be coaching as well????

It is 100% coaching, or rather the lack of coaching.

No problem.

What about after two years of being inept on offense?

Go look at our scores from the past two years. See how many teams we held to their lowest or second lowest point totals for that year, then see how many teams had their best defensive effort against us.

We did average 37 pts per game while only giving up 12.  Cleveland and Farragut only fit your scenario from last year.  

We did average 37 pts per game while only giving up 12.  Cleveland and Farragut only fit your scenario from last year.

We had eight games where the defnse gave up one TD or less, including the two games you mentioned.

We often looked terrible on offense, unless we were able to completely overpower the other team athletically, including the last two rounds of the playoffs.

We had eight games where the defnse gave up one TD or less, including the two games you mentioned.

We often looked terrible on offense, unless we were able to completely overpower the other team athletically, including the last two rounds of the playoffs.

You will get no argument from me on the playoffs from last year.  We did not play well and we left too many weapons unused.  That said, I like the new offense, our D should be better than last year and I like our chances to go far in the playoffs again.

I think the offense needs to really improve.But there is only so much a coach can do.We for some reason have just not had a top notch RB for awhile now.Instead we have 5 solid guys but no real home run threat every play.Coach G is the best coach for Oak Ridge.They will get better every week

I think the offense needs to really improve.But there is only so much a coach can do.We for some reason have just not had a top notch RB for awhile now.Instead we have 5 solid guys but no real home run threat every play.Coach G is the best coach for Oak Ridge.They will get better every week

+1