Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

And I think that isn't his fault, but the coach who is coaching those linemen. As I said in an earlier post. Kids today are just softer then they were when we were growing up. That's just the society we live in now. With the coach I speak of we all know his coaching style, and it is old school and rough around the edges. A lot of yelling, up in your face type coaching. Now we all know the track record of this coach and we all know it is pretty darn good, but their comes a point where you have to take a step back and ask yourself. Should I still be coaching the way I was in 1988 or are kids a bit different this day and age? The cold hard truth is they are different, whether that's good or bad is beside the point, but we all know they are. You can't be stuck in your old ways as a coach. You have to learn to adapt to the players and environment in 2015. Just like Coach Armstrong. As great as a coach as he was in the 50's and 60's, he would last 5 minutes in today's high school football with the way kids are now. That style would last about as long as i could say Holy Sh*&. With that said it is Gaddis' job as the head man to step in and take control of this situation, and I don't know if he will or not. Those 2 guys have been together going on 40 years, and I think even went to HS together. But, with these kids leaving, sometime you have to swallow whatever thing you have with that person and confront them about it. It needs to be done, but I don't know if it will or not. It remains to be seen. I guess we will see. Hopefully sooner than later.

At the end of the day, the HC is accountable for his assistants, especially when he picked them.

I also think there is another good OL coach in the building, but he has been blackballed from Oak Ridge football to the point of being passed over for a much less competent candidate at one of the middle schools.

Edited by OakRidgeTruthTeller

At the end of the day, the HC is accountable for his assistants, especially when he picked them.

I also think there is another good OL coach in the building, but he has been blackballed from Oak Ridge football to the point of being passed over for a much less competent candidate at one of the middle schools.

Layton?

Current o-line coach was hired by Blade!

Our QB's haven't consistently had time to throw the football to them. Also, the current offense makes it harder to move them around & create mismatches, because there are only two receiver type positions.

As far as QB's go, it just seems like a strange deal to me. Last year, you had a kid that the offensive coaches thought was good enough to start double digit games. Most QB's improve their second year of starting in HS. Instead, we change the offense to basically remove the starter because he doesn't fit this offense. If this is the right way to go, then it should have been done last year. If it had been, then we would have a two year starter at QB this year. As I said, we either ran the wrong offense last year, this year, or both. To argue that we have handled offense correctly both years isn't supportable by facts.

I don't have any skin in the game. I'm just asking questions and pointing out issues. Those that have looked objectively at what I've said have disagreed with very little (catswild said he'd have to wait & see on the OL), so why are you attacking my stance?

My main points are simple:

1) Our OL has not looked well coached for at least two years;

2) We could not run the ball effectively against Rhea County last year, despite them only playing 5 in the box;

3) At least on paper, the OL had better players last year than this year;

4) We have similar skill position players (most are back & a year better);

5) The new offense invites more defenders into the box;

6) None of the current coaches have coached this type of offense before; thus

7) I don't think the new offense is a good fit.

Also, our defense performed for the year at an exceptional level last year, but the offense performed average to below average.

So please point out all the fallacies in my points.

Agree on the defense and offense point (below average)  Rhea County let us know that BUT we should never have lost that game.  This new offense would have been interesting to see in action against Rhea.  We honestly had a joke of a schedule last year until the playoffs.  Proved we were not as good as we thought we were and when a challenge came we were not ready

Lol this has got to be the funniest thread... Games are much different than scrimmages your line may look awful in the preseason I can almost guarantee it won't be like that in the fall. For 1 it only takes a one step drop back and Toss to number 9 or 5 and the defense will only have 6 or 7 in the box. Secondly the energy you get from the Friday night crowd is unmatched the line can and will only get better. It is a new offense give it time to sink OR will be okay scrimmages almost never show how good a team actually is relax in OR country wildcats will be fine...

Lol this has got to be the funniest thread... Games are much different than scrimmages your line may look awful in the preseason I can almost guarantee it won't be like that in the fall. For 1 it only takes a one step drop back and Toss to number 9 or 5 and the defense will only have 6 or 7 in the box. Secondly the energy you get from the Friday night crowd is unmatched the line can and will only get better. It is a new offense give it time to sink OR will be okay scrimmages almost never show how good a team actually is relax in OR country wildcats will be fine...

Finally, a voice of reason. You obviously have never lived in the Ridge. Lol