Blue Cross Bowl: Knox West vs Hillsboro

BigDave1967

Not mad and not picking at what you said but...

Coach Cummings said to the rest of the team to "be nice to the freshmen, they are really good" on the first day of summer workouts this senior class's freshmen year....every year when the rebels lost in the playoffs, Cummings told the seniors how proud he was of them and how much he appreciated their hard work for the last few years. After the state game last year, he told those seniors to "learn how to lose like men" and then "turn in your pads when you get back...that will weed out the cowards" I don't think it's an "according to them" type deal. I think if Cummings' didn't shut that group of seniors they would have been a much better team.

Gotcha...yeah I only got one side from some of the players. I was hoping I didn't sound like an idiot when I wrote it.

Go Rebels!

Number #7 Marshall is the real deal! Impressive ball player. Go West!

My thoughts on Rhea Co and Hillsboro.....

I think we caught Rhea County completely off guard in the 1st half.  They made adjustments in the locker room at halftime and we didn't.  So Rhea Co came out and really put it to us in the second half.  My hats off to a great effort by the Golden Eagles!  It was an exciting game to say the least.

The officiating gets an "F-" in my opinion.  The worst I've ever seen bar none! Neither team had anything to do with this.  Let the kids play!  Both Teams worked hard all year to get this far!  Don't ruin it for them!

Finally, the Rhea County fans were very classy to us and treated us with respect and were first class in every way!  BTW - The new High School is awesome!

#7 is a gifted athlete who gives 110% all day long.  In practice and drills he always does extra reps on everything!  He has a huge heart and plays like it!  I would sign him in a heartbeat if I were a college coach!

My Maryville buddy says Hillsboro is always good and we will have a tough game this Friday.  West will have to bring their "A" game on both "O" and "D" to take home the gold ball.

My 2 cents.......

G O     R E B E L S ! ! ! ! !

• Upvote 1

WH4L, I think this matchup cries out for the M4L treatment. He's been missing for a while. I'll shoot him a message tomorrow.

Please do I miss him and his hard work is appreciated by me.

Sorry I have been MIA lately, very busy at work, but here is a little info:

13-1 Knox West vs. 14-0 Hillsboro

Rankings:

National:

West: 151           Hillsboro: 221

State:

West: 8               Hillsboro: 10

5A:

West: 1               Hillsboro: 2

Power Ratings:

West: 146.83     Hillsboro: 141.09

Power Ratings Prediction:

West wins by 6pts

Points Scored:

West: 633 (45)  Hillsboro: 559 (40)

Points Allowed:

West: 219 (16) Hillsboro: 125 (9)

Opponents Record:

West: 91-72 (56%)          Hillsboro: 76-81 (48%)

Opponents average Classification:

West: 5.3A – 6-6A, 7-5A, 1-3A (Asheville NC)

Hillsboro: 5.5A – 7-6A, 7-5A

Opponents played that won 50% of their games:

West: 7               Hillsboro: 6

Opponents defeated that won 50% of their games:

West: 6               Hillsboro: 6

2013 record:

West: 13-2 state runner up

Hillsboro: 6-6 2nd round

Senior Class record:

West: 46-9 (12-3 post season)

Hillsboro: 30-18 (6-2 post season)

I do not know anything about Hilsboro and this being the Championship team I will not make a score prediction, just that I hope West can pull this one out

Rankings:

National:

West: 151 Hillsboro: 221

State:

West: 8 Hillsboro: 10

5A:

West: 1 Hillsboro: 2

Power Ratings:

West: 146.83 Hillsboro: 141.09

West wins by 6pts

Points Scored:

West: 633 (45) Hillsboro: 559 (40)

Points Allowed:

Opponents Record:

West: 91-72 (56%) Hillsboro: 76-81 (48%)

West: 7 Hillsboro: 6

West: 6 Hillsboro: 6

2013 record:

Senior Class record:

I do not know anything about Hilsboro and this being the Championship team I will not make a score prediction, just that I hope West can pull this one out

Thanks M4L!!

Rankings:

National:

West: 151 Hillsboro: 221

State:

West: 8 Hillsboro: 10

5A:

West: 1 Hillsboro: 2

Power Ratings:

West: 146.83 Hillsboro: 141.09

West wins by 6pts

Points Scored:

West: 633 (45) Hillsboro: 559 (40)

Points Allowed:

Opponents Record:

West: 91-72 (56%) Hillsboro: 76-81 (48%)

West: 7 Hillsboro: 6

West: 6 Hillsboro: 6

2013 record:

Senior Class record:

Excellent work as always!

If West is going to win this game, they absolutely cannot turn the ball over and commit stupid penalties. That cannot happen. West should still have the fastest two players on the field so that should help. They also need to play that sophmore wr more that caught the game winning pass. He's a big body.....nothing against Tate but size is definitely not on his side.

I don't know anything about hillsboro besides Perry, their UT commit. In my opinion it would be wise for West, regardless of whatever coverage the rest of the defense is in, to always have Bacon or Burch in a soft man on Perry.....follow him everywhere he goes. Whichever safety is not on him that particular play should cheat to the hash on Perry's side as well. He needs to be blanketed.

Here is Hillsboro's game with Ridgeway. 

My observations:

1. West should gets lots of pressure. Hillsboro's interior lines are LAZY!! Cottrell and Marshall should get to the secondary fairly easily. 

2. Hillsboro does well in space. Lots and lots of athletes, but Perry does the bulk of the work. 

3. Hillsboro likes to go side to side quite a bit. They'll have to get north and south against West.

4. Hillsboro passes more than the previous poster said. Atleast in this game they did. West absolutely has to shore up the secondary. 

5. While West should get pressure, that QB will be hard to bring down.

My prediction: West 32 

Hillsboro 21

Edited by RunninRebels

Here is Hillsboro's game with Ridgeway.

My observations:

1. West should gets lots of pressure. Hillsboro's interior lines are LAZY!! Cottrell and Marshall should get to the secondary fairly easily.

2. Hillsboro does well in space. Lots and lots of athletes, but Perry does the bulk of the work.

3. Hillsboro likes to go side to side quite a bit. They'll have to get north and south against West.

4. Hillsboro passes more than the previous poster said. Atleast in this game they did. West absolutely has to shore up the secondary.

5. While West should get pressure, that QB will be hard to bring down.

My prediction: West 32

Hillsboro 21

West will absolutely not have the fastest two players on the field. Hillsboro D-Line are absolute monsters in the run game, so you saying your backs will get into the secondary easy is very debatable.

Idk if you have seen size & speed you are about to see this Friday, but that Cottrell kid is a ball player as well as your QB.. I just don't see West scoring more then 2 or 3 times, simply because they are just so 1 dimensional

West will absolutely not have the fastest two players on the field. Hillsboro D-Line are absolute monsters in the run game, so you saying your backs will get into the secondary easy is very debatable.

Idk if you have seen size & speed you are about to see this Friday, but that Cottrell kid is a ball player as well as your QB.. I just don't see West scoring more then 2 or 3 times, simply because they are just so 1 dimensional

Cottrell runs a 4.35. He WILL  be the fastest player on the field. I guess it's debatable with Marshall.