Blue Cross Bowl: Knox West vs Hillsboro

BigDave1967

Kevin, to answer your question since Ive covered every game the last two years and am currently writing their story I'll try to sum it up without boring you.

2013 West Rebels were expected to be good but they needed to find a qb to be great enter #7 who had played running back the year before. The senior class (according to them) was not as favored as the junior class was w the coaches. Both classes got along when they were winning but there was some friction and it showed in the championship game. That senior class had a lot of heart and most were the guys in the trenches.

2014 West Rebels were expected to be great and they have proved it. The team also likes one another. The senior class has talent everywhere but what is interesting is that the sophomore class has taken the place of last year's senior class in terms of supporting the effort. If the sophomore class keeps progressing they should be really good as seniors. Besides chemistry, the reason 2014 is better than 2013 is the play of #7. He is a year wiser and has made the qb position his own as well.

Hope that helped w/o boring u.

Not mad and not picking at what you said but...

Coach Cummings said to the rest of the team to "be nice to the freshmen, they are really good" on the first day of summer workouts this senior class's freshmen year....every year when the rebels lost in the playoffs, Cummings told the seniors how proud he was of them and how much he appreciated their hard work for the last few years. After the state game last year, he told those seniors to "learn how to lose like men" and then "turn in your pads when you get back...that will weed out the cowards" I don't think it's an "according to them" type deal. I think if Cummings' didn't shut that group of seniors they would have been a much better team.

I believe knox west has became a program that will be good for years to come and win multple championships. Coach cummings has really done something special at west, but hillsboro is a very talented and good team. West is a great team wirh good players and hillsboro is a good team with great players. I call it the maryville way of football always a great team with good players and they always beat those teams with more "talent". West does this wins 24-21 its close but they get it done

NO I TOLD YAL WE MADE RHEA LOOK GOOD AND FAST....BUT WEST BROUGHT THEM BACK TO REALITY.....BUT AFTER THE PERFORMANCE OF WEST NOT PLAYING 4 QTRS...I CAN'T GO WITH THEM TO WIN THE GOLD BALL....

Actually, we made YOU look like a season of hype team that finally met its match.  We are good and fast when we play a weak team like Whooltewah.