Blue Cross Bowl: Knox West vs Hillsboro

BigDave1967

From what I have been hearing, West had a good amount of players return this year and were supposed to have been better this year, has that been the case.....

They are playing for a state championship. Not sure how much better you can be. 5a is usually a tough classification.

They are playing for a state championship. Not sure how much better you can be. 5a is usually a tough classification.

Not quite sure but I am sure it is possible the West team this year maybe could be better than they were last year, really simple question even if it is based on opinions, and it appears at least a few seem to think this year's West team is better.....

Edited by Kevin38

Not quite sure but I am sure it is possible the West team this year maybe could be better than they were last year, really simple question even if it is based on opinions, and it appears at least a few seem to think this year's West team is better.....

West is better this year from everything I've heard

Edited by MSURacer

Kevin, to answer your question since Ive covered every game the last two years and am currently writing their story I'll try to sum it up without boring you.

2013 West Rebels were expected to be good but they needed to find a qb to be great enter #7 who had played running back the year before. The senior class (according to them) was not as favored as the junior class was w the coaches. Both classes got along when they were winning but there was some friction and it showed in the championship game. That senior class had a lot of heart and most were the guys in the trenches.

2014 West Rebels were expected to be great and they have proved it. The team also likes one another. The senior class has talent everywhere but what is interesting is that the sophomore class has taken the place of last year's senior class in terms of supporting the effort. If the sophomore class keeps progressing they should be really good as seniors. Besides chemistry, the reason 2014 is better than 2013 is the play of #7. He is a year wiser and has made the qb position his own as well.

Hope that helped w/o boring u.

Kevin, to answer your question since Ive covered every game the last two years and am currently writing their story I'll try to sum it up without boring you.

2013 West Rebels were expected to be good but they needed to find a qb to be great enter #7 who had played running back the year before. The senior class (according to them) was not as favored as the junior class was w the coaches. Both classes got along when they were winning but there was some friction and it showed in the championship game. That senior class had a lot of heart and most were the guys in the trenches.

2014 West Rebels were expected to be great and they have proved it. The team also likes one another. The senior class has talent everywhere but what is interesting is that the sophomore class has taken the place of last year's senior class in terms of supporting the effort. If the sophomore class keeps progressing they should be really good as seniors. Besides chemistry, the reason 2014 is better than 2013 is the play of #7. He is a year wiser and has made the qb position his own as well.

Hope that helped w/o boring u.

I was never bored in the 1st place, the 1 guy (cant remember his name atm) insinuated my asking if they were better this year was a problem, several of you had already answered, and I figured as much that they were better this year, but I do appreciate a little more insight.....

I was never bored in the 1st place, the 1 guy (cant remember his name atm) insinuated my asking if they were better this year was a problem, several of you had already answered, and I figured as much that they were better this year, but I do appreciate a little more insight.....

You picked South Doyle over West if I remember correctly. I asked you why and you never responded. I have no problem with your question, but when you pick blindly against West why should you be offered the answer.

You picked South Doyle over West if I remember correctly. I asked you why and you never responded. I have no problem with your question, but when you pick blindly against West why should you be offered the answer.

Sometimes I post silly predictions just to see what people say, I had completely forgotten I even put a prediction on that game at all, I knew absolutely nothing about SD other than they were undefeated, I expected West to beat them, just didnt know by how much.....lol

Sometimes I post silly predictions just to see what people say, I had completely forgotten I even put a prediction on that game at all, I knew absolutely nothing about SD other than they were undefeated, I expected West to beat them, just didnt know by how much.....lol

Ha. When I have a couple of minutes, Ill give you a good breakdown of this years team v. last years team.