3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

You Alcoa fans slamming Rankin are crazy. Man has won 6 State Titles in 9 seasons. The truth of the matter is this. This was one of Rankins weakest teams at Alcoa. This years team was nowhere near as good as the 06'07'08'09'2010'12 and 13 teams. I also know Alcoa has loaded classes coming up. Believe it or not Alcoa has never been better than they have been under Rankin. I have seen lots of wins from Alcoa. I have also seen bad teams at Alcoa. I saw them go 3-7 12 years ago.

Yea we have loaded classes coming up, but it won't matter as Rankin will waste it with his one-dimensional offense. His son won't be able to kick many extra points, or even field goals, unless his daddy steps it up!!

This was a great game period. Two things stood out to me. First was Coach Martin electing to play smash mouth the whole game. I think he was sending a message to his young men and the state that CPA is not a finesse team but is a team that can physically dominate you. Next years CPA team will be better. That's the scary part.

Second what was up with Alcoa's crowd? I understand CPA's being small as it is a private school but the townsfolk sure didn't man up for the Tornadoes.

Thanks to both teams for an outstanding game. .... :ugeek:

we had already got a decent grasp of how good yall were; but that showing by those kids yesterday was overly impressive and has been mentioned; not too bad from Coach Martin either....for him too have made the changes throughout the week and put that plan together and stick to it was pretty impressive himself......some, and mainly the Alcoa faithful talk about Rankin being out coached; Booger don't think it was as much a point of being out coached as it was; Rankin not having anywhere to go.....CPA was able to stifle the Alcoa run game better than we could...though we were close; we could not stop the run enough to force the pass, which they new they could not do on us...our line just did not match up enough; CPA's did more than match up.......that was one physical game by both group of kids; one was just less physical than the other.....this could be CPA's for a while.....Booger looks forward to playing you next year :mrgreen: .......glad I got to witness that game between those kids

Trickster needs to go to AA from what it sounded like during the Playoffs. :lol

I agree, but I was referring to Deion24, biggest delusional moron I've ever known.

I hope you are doing well and have a Happy Holliday Season. Good luck to your Rebels today. I'm sure they will win. I hope both teams are injury free tonight.

A contrast in coaches in post game interviews:

Losing coach blames players' penalties, his QB, and a subtle jab at private schools.

Winning coach thanks the 3 coaches in 4 years (including losing coach) that have beaten his team for being great coaches and for helping them understand how to win.

A contrast in coaches in post game interviews:

Losing coach blames players' penalties, his QB, and a subtle jab at private schools.

Winning coach thanks the 3 coaches in 4 years (including losing coach) that have beaten his team for being great coaches and for helping them understand how to win.

The Privates do need to be separated from the Public Schools.

By the way - someone earlier in thread questioned CPA Howell's contribution to game as a Mr. Football winner. Just FYI, Howell had a knee injury earlier in playoffs, missed the last 2 games and worked hard to rehab enough so he could at least play in the game. Most players would not have played at all. He does play both ways normally but the coaches knew he did not have his normal speed with the injury to play against Alcoa's fast offense.

The Privates do need to be separated from the Public Schools.

Real men have the wisdom to know the things they can change, the things theycan't change, and the difference between the two.

You may be right, and things may change in a few years. I'm OK with that, but in the meantime the gold ball is still in our case and the boys and coaches deserved it.

Real men have the wisdom to know the things they can change, the things theycan't change, and the difference between the two.

You may be right, and things may change in a few years. I'm OK with that, but in the meantime the gold ball is still in our case and the boys and coaches deserved it.

Congrats on your gold trophy but hopefully in the future you'll be playing Ensworth and Brentwood Academy for the Private Championship.

TASTE of WINNING.........mutual respect Booger's backside....that is an insult to most of the CPA fans on here and they are much smarter than that.....they know what kind of childish rhetoric and disrespect was coming out of some of your goon squads mouth over the last week...CPA fans also know the predictions of "F5's" and "Pounding the Rock down their throat" that were coming at them from some of you goons this past week just like you did at ND.......what CPA also knows, like everyone else; is now that they have taken down the Bully and Bully squad; the low end of goon squad that were taking aim at them before the game or now puckering up, wanting to cuddle under the covers and telling them how much respect and love you have for CPA now......Alcoa gets lucky and wins that game yesterday; we all know from experience whats happens to the sound of this new love song you are wanting to sing with CPA

as for the relationship w/ ND; true we may not have taken down the Alcoa F2 before the big dance and were deprived of a chance to play for the Golden Ball........but, as this ole' ND fan sits here today still wallering in my tears over a 9 point loss to Alcoa, that you and your goons predicted to be by 40's; he takes a some comfort in the fact that we knocked and beat you and the F5 around bad enough; that the F5 Rock Pounder could not perform at at it's optimal level the next week,.......busted a few of its cylinders if you know what Booger means.........All cylinders still would not have been enough to handle that line of CPA's and it's Mr. Football that completely demolished Alcoa's line..........you remember; the young amn from CPA that the Goons were depriving of his worthiness because yall had a lineman and back that were going to show him what a true Mr. Football award winner looks like......our Mr Football will show CPA's Mr Football who has the best lineman in the state is

now Basketball; you have much more appeal to you than those other 2 or 3 lower level goons you are raising on here; but that post of yours up above is 100% pig bologna and you know it.........most of you goons have no respect for anyone, not sayin it you specifically; though you have your moments....cheap shots are cheap shots......just like the one Rankin took at CPA in the post game interview, when he said, there is no public school that can beat that PRIVATE ONE on that side of the state

Booger just sayin.....LOL!!!!!!!

"Insulting" CPA fans with my childish rhetoric and disrespect obviously doesn't apply to me here, so that's out the window. And I knew the Notre Dame game wouldn't be a blowout and my score prediction reflected that.

No I certainly wasn't aware that my post above was pig bologna.

BUT, I am glad that I appeal to you. :wub:

I'll be here and on the roundball threads in the coming months, so if Booger Jr. is playing hoops, feel free to look me up. :thumb:

Boog don't get on em to bad or they won't even get on here and throw jabs back. The goons would have been pounding their chest like King Kong if the score was 7-0 them. On top of that, they would have thrown in some slick shots at CPA just like Rankin did in the interview. Alcoa I was pulling for you. But because of some of your fans, can't say I didn't enjoy watching CPA take home that gold ball. Congrats to both teams on great seasons. Stay humble my friends