3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

Congrats to Alcoa on a fine season and a great game. As a CPA fan I misunderstood the whole Alcoa Goon thing last year and honestly didn't like some of the posts and bravado. But after reading the posts tonight from a majority of the Goons I have to say most of you guys have shown class in defeat.

You have a Great program, great tradition and all those championships. It is very satisfying to see CPA win a state title by knocking off such a winning program. You can't be the best without beating the best.

Now let me say Congratulations to the CPA coaches and players for winning a state title. You've worked so hard since that tough loss last year. You dedicated yourselves to getting back here and no team in the state works harder in the off season than you guys. There were 4 new starters on the OL tonight that did not play OL in last years game. Credit Coach Haywood who is an incredible OL coach. And credit Coach Epps who is the best strength and conditioning coach around. That game was big boy football tonight. CPA beat Alcoa at their own game and won the game in the trenches. CPA was stronger on the lines and that lead them to victory.

I have so much respect for Coach Martin and this entire staff. He inherited a program that was 3-7 and then 5-6 the previous two seasons. All he has done is go 54-4 in the last 4 years with two semi final appearances followed by two state final appearances including today's state title. Talk about a turn around. That's impressive!

Alcoa has won 9 of the last 12 titles so I expect to see them again next year if we are fortunate enough to get back to the title game.

We are loading up a tough non region schedule next year to prepare for another game like today. Hope we see you guys again next year.

Go Lions!

I can't speak for people inside UH's or ND's program. But I do think I had a pretty good read on UH following them last season from 8aa. A 4-6 team in 2012, 13-1 in 2013. The coach took over a program with 25-28 players off back to back 1-9 seasons and took them to the semi finals in 3 years dress around 70 players. UH got beat up in the playoff run leading up to Alcoa. They were just happy they made it and were very over matched except fot about 3-4 kids. No one needs the gobber squads approval to know Herron is turning Upperman around.

Yep, they just needed to start taking advantage of their open zone. :)

Who are you the policeman of what can be said and what can't be said?

Over the top!!! LMAO We don't want to hurt any ones feelings;now would we.

When you have a tradition of winning,you tend to get the best players in the state trying to come to your school. If it wasn't for 6 turnovers,Notre Dame would have beat Alcoa. Before you all jump down my throat listen to this next statement. ND fumbled 3 times. One of them were caused by Alcoa. ND QB through an interception that was tipped by our wide receiver. Turnovers accounted for 21 of Alcoa's 28 pts.

Last year Puffermen wasn't the same when they played Alcoa after playing Notre Dame the previous game. Same as Alcoa this year. After playing ND last week Alcoa looked beat up and lathorgic against CPA.

Puffermen knows it and Alcoa (and the Poon Squad) know it now,what a physical,hard hitting team ND is.

Our new coaching staff have been at our school for just 3 years now. They have completely turned our program around. From the head coach all the way down to the line coach are great christian men. What mostly like about them is that they are not a win at all cost.

Sounds like YOUR feelings are hurt. LOL!!

Congrats to Alcoa on a fine season and a great game. As a CPA fan I misunderstood the whole Alcoa Goon thing last year and honestly didn't like some of the posts and bravado. But after reading the posts tonight from a majority of the Goons I have to say most of you guys have shown class in defeat.

You have a Great program, great tradition and all those championships. It is very satisfying to see CPA win a state title by knocking off such a winning program. You can't be the best without beating the best.

Now let me say Congratulations to the CPA coaches and players for winning a state title. You've worked so hard since that tough loss last year. You dedicated yourselves to getting back here and no team in the state works harder in the off season than you guys. There were 4 new starters on the OL tonight that did not play OL in last years game. Credit Coach Haywood who is an incredible OL coach. And credit Coach Epps who is the best strength and conditioning coach around. That game was big boy football tonight. CPA beat Alcoa at their own game and won the game in the trenches. CPA was stronger on the lines and that lead them to victory.

I have so much respect for Coach Martin and this entire staff. He inherited a program that was 3-7 and then 5-6 the previous two seasons. All he has done is go 54-4 in the last 4 years with two semi final appearances followed by two state final appearances including today's state title. Talk about a turn around. That's impressive!

Alcoa has won 9 of the last 12 titles so I expect to see them again next year if we are fortunate enough to get back to the title game.

We are loading up a tough non region schedule next year to prepare for another game like today. Hope we see you guys again next year.

Go Lions!

Congrats on the win and the title!

You earned it, and now we set our sights on hopefully earning it back from you in 2015.

Until then, we play basketball, but I have no problem with that (hence my name), and I'm sure CPA doesn't mind playing a little roundball either, LOL!!

Congrats to Ingle and the boys.

I'm disappointed at Coach Rankin with his remarks at halftime and post game. I think he threw his kids under the bus and never took responsibility.

Good luck to the Alcoa seniors and their future endeavors.

I agree. Like I said before with Rankin it's always someone else's fault. I feel sorry for his players having to put up with someone like that.

Congrats to Ingle and the boys.

I'm disappointed at Coach Rankin with his remarks at halftime and post game.  I think he threw his kids under the bus and never took responsibility.  

Good luck to the Alcoa seniors and their future endeavors.

It is normal for Rankin. He has done it before and will do it again. Rankin got out coached

Edited by wingman10

Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! HeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHe

Hey Rankin! Ever heard of a FORWARD PASS???!!!

Wow you Alcoians are a class act!!

Coach Rankin has done a world of good for Alcoa football;heck not just Alcoa football,the whole state of Tennessee football.

Don't win a championship you all want to call him one dimensional and fire him. As long as you all are winning his playbook is just fine. I knew it wouldn't take long before you all would throw him under the bus.

I'm truly astonished !!!

What a slug. How classless to blame a loss on your qb at the high school level.

Also in the video .. he montions holding call about 3 or 4 times and the poor kid #60 behind him was the one called for holding . Has to listen to his Coach say that in front of him .. not very classy ...  other interviews I have seen of Rankin .. they would win game but maybe struggle a bit .. he would say " oh yea I didnt gettem ready to play ..my fault " - thats his response on a WIN when they struggled some .. then a LOSS comes and he blames QB , OL etc ... Great Coach but never have respected him very much .. a little too brash for me .. But Alcoa has a great program and good kids I hear .. hats off  to them for what they have accomplished thur the years.  

Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock!Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! Pound that rock! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! GO ALCOA! HeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHe

WOW AFTER READING THIS I KNOW WHO HAS MORE CLASS DEFINITLY THE TORNADOES ! BECAUSE ANYONE WITH ANY COMMON SENSE AND HAS NO TIME ON HIS HANDS WOULD WRITE THIS OVER AND OVER OF COARSE ALCOA IS USUALLY PLAYING FOR CHAMPIONSHIPS AND WILL BE ADDING ANOTHER BALL TO THEIR TROPHY CASE........ AND TRICKY MUST BE DUSTING OUT THAT EMPTY TROPHY CASE!    CONGRATS TO CPA AND TO ALCOA FOR MAKING IT TO THE "CHAMPIONSHIP GAME"!  BOOYAH! HERE'S ONE FOR YA TRICKY!

bh040612d.jpg