3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

Congrats to CPA on a well-deserved victory. Hockaday and company were not to be denied again. Congrats to Alcoa on bringing home the silver...I know it's not what you wanted, but you should still be proud. Was a little disappointed to see Rankin throw some kids under the bus in the post-game interview...especially hard on one of the players who got the holding penalty (kid was sitting right behind coach while he was making those comments). I know coach was not happy and was frustrated, but he just needs to take the blame and not publicly fault the kids. Just my take... Again, congratulations to CPA, very impressed.

You Alcoa fans slamming Rankin are crazy. Man has won 6 State Titles in 9 seasons. The truth of the matter is this. This was one of Rankins weakest teams at Alcoa. This years team was nowhere near as good as the 06'07'08'09'2010'12 and 13 teams. I also know Alcoa has loaded classes coming up. Believe it or not Alcoa has never been better than they have been under Rankin. I have seen lots of wins from Alcoa. I have also seen bad teams at Alcoa. I saw them go 3-7 12 years ago.

You Alcoa fans slamming Rankin are crazy. Man has won 6 State Titles in 9 seasons. The truth of the matter is this. This was one of Rankins weakest teams at Alcoa. This years team was nowhere near as good as the 06'07'08'09'2010'12 and 13 teams. I also know Alcoa has loaded classes coming up. Believe it or not Alcoa has never been better than they have been under Rankin. I have seen lots of wins from Alcoa. I have also seen bad teams at Alcoa. I saw them go 3-7 12 years ago.

Yeah Rankin will have Alcoa playing for the gold trophy in 2015. Rankin does a great job and Alcoa fans should be happy about that.

Trickster needs to go to AA from what it sounded like during the Playoffs. :lol

I agree, but I was referring to Deion24, biggest delusional moron I've ever known.

It's a good thing that the most extreme folks usually does not represent that school's fans.

Edited by BigDave1967

I said coming into the game they would need to change their scheme if they were to win. Glad to see CPA decide to adapt to an opponent. Nothing wrong with changing your scheme to get a win. I think CPA learned that at the end of last season. Kudos to the staff for the change

I need to amend my earlier observation about the 5-4 defensive. After watching the replay, I noticed that CPA played a 6 man front at times in the 2nd half. It seemed to shut down the sweeps.

Well this has become a launching pad for fans to gloat about what their team could not do. Alcoa seniors keep your heads up. All i have encountered great kids and class acts. Hard to realize due to your success but you had a good year. Gloaters have your fun; while you can.

Coach Martin: "It's really not about winning the state championship, it's about doing your best every time you get a chance," he said. "We want to do things that ultimately mean something. They are hopefully going to do the right things... and I hope they all learn something in this process, again, that will help them be better husbands and fathers someday. That's what high school sports should be about."

Coach Martin: "It's really not about winning the state championship, it's about doing your best every time you get a chance," he said. "We want to do things that ultimately mean something. They are hopefully going to do the right things... and I hope they all learn something in this process, again, that will help them be better husbands and fathers someday. That's what high school sports should be about."

Sounds a lot like stuff that George Quarles says.