Adamsville 2015

cardfan

I can appreciate that you think u understand the situation, the reality is if you are not from this county then you don't really get the whole picture. When it causes adults to act childish it is time to move on. We are passing on a 6k dollar gate bc class is more important. We wil take the high road. We will find someone to play and hopefully it will be a very good team in which both programs can improve from playing each other, this has never been the case with the rival game. One or the other dominates and no one grows from it. I say we call an east tn powerhouse 2a and if we get beat so be it.

Like I said, I understand why they were dropped. But you have to expect scheduling difficulties when you drop long time rivals.

And I grew up in Adamsville bud - I know McNairy County very well.

Edited by 1RT

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I didn't mean for my posts to sound adversarial. Sorry about that.

I was mostly interested in why aville dropped a team they've played for 30 years when they were having difficulty filling the schedule to begin with. I haven't been to one of those games in years, so I don't really know what the atmosphere is like anymore.

I was mostly interested in why aville dropped a team they've played for 30 years when they were having difficulty filling the schedule to begin with. I haven't been to one of those games in years, so I don't really know what the atmosphere is like anymore.

The atmosphere is like this , coach ejected for dog cussing ref , fans cheering that ! Players ejected for punching , cops called to protect coaches from fans (who had to sit out of press box due to horrid conditions) ! Older fan shoved in bathroom by another fan when asked to stop cussing in front of children ! It was time to move on !

folks need to behave better

It's unfortunate but the game atmosphere has become toxic over the last few years. It has affected the entire school system.  its time to let it cool off. Look at the posts of the MCHS fans to get a small taste of what it is like.  The events at this year's game  were beyond the pale. Jealousy is a terrible thing. 

I honestly hope Coach Hodge can rebuild McNairy's program but until the he and the fans stop worrying about A'ville and focus on their own, it's a hard row to hoe.  Dropping the series might help them get their priorities in order.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

well offseason weights are in full force and the kids are working hard.  we will sporting some very strong youngmen next season as well as some pretty good skill folks that really havent been able to show what they could do in games yet.  Biggest question mark will be at QB where we just graduated a seasoned player.  We have two kids battling for that spot and both are athletically gifted so question will be who can grasp the offense and lead this team to the promised land.  spring practices are not until May with us participating in a spring jamboree at Corinth, MS.  offensive line will be very good this year.  Running backs will be loaded and receivers will have several playmakers.  Kicker is returning and on defense we are poised to be another strong group.  Donovan could have kept his picks to himself becasue we really do not need the added target painted on our backs.  Cant wait until spring practice then summer workouts and the fall.  Excitement will be high as it is very well possible that this could be the best team to play at Adamsville yet.

well offseason weights are in full force and the kids are working hard.  we will sporting some very strong youngmen next season as well as some pretty good skill folks that really havent been able to show what they could do in games yet.  Biggest question mark will be at QB where we just graduated a seasoned player.  We have two kids battling for that spot and both are athletically gifted so question will be who can grasp the offense and lead this team to the promised land.  spring practices are not until May with us participating in a spring jamboree at Corinth, MS.  offensive line will be very good this year.  Running backs will be loaded and receivers will have several playmakers.  Kicker is returning and on defense we are poised to be another strong group.  Donovan could have kept his picks to himself becasue we really do not need the added target painted on our backs.  Cant wait until spring practice then summer workouts and the fall.  Excitement will be high as it is very well possible that this could be the best team to play at Adamsville yet.

the qbs should get better with experience and ya could have a special yr