Best players to ever play at Union City?

hammerhound

It's the team. Even though there are some outstanding players on this team it is the team as a whole that makes up this group that is arguably the best UC team ever. I give credit to first, the offensive line and defensive lines. Secondly the work ethic this group of kids has had since they came into the program. Finally the coaching staff.

In my time with the UC program I'm gonna have to say Josh Nicks. He was on the 09 Championship team. He went on to play for SEMO. He was a man among boys. I will let some other posters who have been around longer than myself speak on other players.

Nicks was very good. Ronnie Fair was the best lineman I had ever seen there at the time. Colton speed was very special as well.. And a few years before that there was a guy I think named Demetrius Bracey who was spectacular at running back who I think holds the rushing record for yards in a game there.. Don't hold me to that but I think that's right..

Nicks I think fit the UC system best.. He was a hybrid type back.. He wasn't a true bruiser back like Hyde was a couple of years ago. Nicks had great speed and acceleration and good size almost like a Dwyer from Georgia tech. He was big enough and fast enough to lay the initial lick and break into the open and outrun the defense. A bunch of teams run the ever different ways. UC runs theirs as a speed veer rather than a slow developing ever most years. They took a step back after nicks left and replaced him with a more physical built runner to try and pound it up the middle that caused them to lose some speed but they have picked it back up the past couple of years.

Nicks I think fit the UC system best.. He was a hybrid type back.. He wasn't a true bruiser back like Hyde was a couple of years ago. Nicks had great speed and acceleration and good size almost like a Dwyer from Georgia tech. He was big enough and fast enough to lay the initial lick and break into the open and outrun the defense. A bunch of teams run the ever different ways. UC runs theirs as a speed veer rather than a slow developing ever most years. They took a step back after nicks left and replaced him with a more physical built runner to try and pound it up the middle that caused them to lose some speed but they have picked it back up the past couple of years.

I gonna disagree about Nicks not being a bruiser. He did have speed but that dude could bowl over people too. when I think of Nicks, bruiser is the first thing that comes to mind for me.

• Upvote 1