Best players to ever play at Union City?

hammerhound

Tom Jernigan class of 64 was a all state quarterback received a 4 yr full scholarship to the university of Tennessee at knoxville. He played in a few bowl games. Was on the 1967 national championship. State decathlon winner. Scouted by MLB @ 15 years old. the down side was the teams he played for in the early 60s were not that good. A article in newspaper early in season stated he could be considered the best athlete ever in union city history.

Tom Jernigan class of 64 was a all state quarterback received a 4 yr full scholarship to the university of Tennessee at knoxville. He played in a few bowl games. Was on the 1967 national championship. State decathlon winner. Scouted by MLB @ 15 years old. the down side was the teams he played for in the early 60s were not that good. A article in newspaper early in season stated he could be considered the best athlete ever in union city history.

I played with Tommy in high school. Tommy had size, strength, and speed. He played qb but could have played any position on the team. To win the state decathlon, he had to be good in 10 events. I have been a UC fan since we graduated in 1964. I don't remember anyone who has been a better overall athlete for the Tornadoes.

• 3 months later...