UNION CITY 2015

JDOGG80

Well UC won another 7on 7 tournament this week or at least won all the games they played in. This one was in Jackson TN and I'm not sure how they determined who the winner was or if it was just a chance to get together and play. To my knowledge there were no awards given out. Either way my Tornadoes made a good showing. Speed everywhere and a very aggressive group of young men.

They are leaving for camp on Sunday and will be getting ready for the season opener against South Fulton in a few weeks. I don't like taking teams for granted but the Red Devils have not been in the game with UC in a few years. If there are any kinks to get worked out we need to do it then because the very next week Memphis Mitchell comes to town and then we go to Peabody. It won't take long to get tested this season. From what I have seen so far. .........I'm excited.

Union City has a football team? lol Hard to believe a running team is so good at 7 on 7. Congrats on the wins and looking forward to season starting again. Go Lions!!!!

I went up to the school to see my son and the rest of the Tornadoes off to summer camp today. They left at 2:00 and will spend the rest of this week pulling 3 a days. I believe they will scrimmage a couple of teams this week and end up in a 3 way scrimmage with Wayne County and one other team before returning home. It's gonna be a scorcher this week I pray for their safety and no injuries. Go Tornadoes.

I was misinformed about Wilkes.Someone close to him had told me Yale had offered.Saw a letter on Wilkes Facebook  holding a letter from Yale.Probably all it was ,just expressing interest.I was told from same person Lake Co had 14 players.Also seems to not be true.I talked to a couple  school official yesterday about wilkes.One  said Wilkes was named one of the top 25 athletes in the state.Also told me that Miss.St and Memphis had offered  and one of them also said LSU and another school had sent Wilkes a letter of interest that he hand delivered to wilkes.Can't remember the other school though.He also told me it was probably going to depend on Wilkes ACT score.and said more than likely ,may have to go to Juco.So probably depends on passing ACT.Also said Lake Co had 24 players.Now back to UC.Looking forward to seeing them against Dyersburg.Maybe after they dispose of the Trojans,get it on with Lake Co in a little pre meeting.Don't think we play until about the last 2 or 3 games of the season.By that time,after playing Trenton,McKenzie,Dresden,we may only have 14 players.

Edited by mrbigster

Bigster I'm sure this is a point of interest to the folks in LC. But here on our UC thread. .......I'm certain no one cares.

I know this is a UC thread but man that Wilkes kid is something special.Close to 2100 yards during the regular season in 9 games .Averaged about 230 yards a game.Did UC even have a back that had 230 yards during a game the whole season?Wilkes averaged that.Kid is something special.You may think I'm joking but I'm not.  Go Falcons..I meant Tornadoes.