South Greene @ Hampton

uknoit2

Probably not time to panic, but to get irritated? YEP! South Greene out-played Hampton 3-1. Sure, there were some blown calls, but to be out-played like that at home? NOPE. Sloppy ball-handling, standing around on offense, NO rebounding, that'll get you beat in a hurry. This bunch better decide how badly they want to play, and then go out and prove it. We may be seeing the absence of Cody McClain showing here. He kept the ball going to the right spot, to the right people, and as a senior last year, he had the experience to decide. More team emphasis needs to be placed, and less one-on-one.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After that, I will give South Greene a world of credit. They came ready to play, and the longer Hampton let them hang around, the more they believed. Hats off to them.

Yes they out hustled us for sure. I wish I had counted the number of uncontested layups they hit with a defender in the paint.

This bunch looked OFF tonight

The press which is usually a staple for us really hurt tonight. They broke it easily and we didn't recover to the shooters. Too much standing. Definitely needed to keep it out of #4s hands. He made em tick.

He did play well and kept SG energized...I'd say they were as shocked as we were!

Nights like this happen, just need to step up and not allow another!

Probably not time to panic, but to get irritated? YEP! South Greene out-played Hampton 3-1. Sure, there were some blown calls, but to be out-played like that at home? NOPE. Sloppy ball-handling, standing around on offense, NO rebounding, that'll get you beat in a hurry. This bunch better decide how badly they want to play, and then go out and prove it. We may be seeing the absence of Cody McClain showing here. He kept the ball going to the right spot, to the right people, and as a senior last year, he had the experience to decide. More team emphasis needs to be placed, and less one-on-one.

....and miss Robinson rebounding!!!

Seems to me like some off court issues need to get resolved and until they do well it could be a long season I ain't trying to start no fires here but there's some attitudes that need to be put in check and those players need to realize the only people they are hurting is there teammates this loss tonight was more of my feelings are hurt so I'm not going to play good to show that but I guess at the end of the game we do have to remember they are just kids

Game was very sloppy I agree and yes there are several rumored attitudes off the court and on the court. "I" ball has to stop and reading the papers to see who scored the most doesnt cut it. Maybe some of the boys sitting on the bench need more playing time. Sometimes a good shake up can do some good. But of course that is just my opinion.  :popcorneater: