Penny Hardaway Hoopfest

haddocksports

UC looked horrible today..The worst I ever seen them..They acted like they didn't want to be out their..They was so bad Gibson County could of beat them tonight..The big Lawson kid looked ok but he got alot of calls and stayed in the line all day..I think he had 15 points just from the line alone..The other Lawson kid was just a little above average. .Oak Hill didnt impress me at all.

It makes a difference when you play with the "big dogs" like I was telling you about the other day. You stepped off the porch and got into a dog fight and got smacked. Now maybe that'll calm your talk Edited by GCPioneer

I thought Hamilton was going to get blown out after watching the first couple of minutes, but they outplayed Oak Hill the rest of the game. A few observations. Although KJ Lawson still plays out of control too much, Todd Day has them playing more as a team than last year. The Lawsons have terrific basketball IQ and are long, but aren't as elite athletically as some players they'll encounter at the next level. Hamilton is more than just the Lawsons - they have some excellent other players. Dwayne Bacon from Oak Hill was the best player on the floor and will make the biggest impact in college (Florida State). Andrew Fleming was a non-factor - don't see him making much of an impact at Iowa, frankly.

Yep Day has them playing more team ball. Hamilton played a great game. They didn't back down at  all...Yea I agree Bacon is the real deal

Wasn't really impressed with the Lawsons. #3 and #2 were nice pieces for Hamilton. Oak Hill is definitely not as good as hyped or as they were in the past. Bacon is real deal though! CPA is a 2 player team in my opinion. Campbell is LEGIT! But u can't pay me enough to believe he's an 8th grader, lol. That kid is something special. Blackwell has a high bball IQ but in my opinion he's overrated, that's just me. #30 for Simeon, Nice! #11 for Arlington can really play. Southwind has sum nice guards as well as Germantown. Saw a lot of great talent.

Let's see. CPA is a 2 player team and one is not impressive. But they beat the #2 AAA team in Tenn.. That doesn't say much for that team.

Seriously, as a CPA fan I leave some games thinking Blackwell seems to go through the motions and is overrated but then I look at the box score and see over 20 points, over 10 rebounds, 5-6 assists and some steals, and that is against some good competition this year. At crunch time against good teams he comes through and plays hard even though it doesn't look like it. How many juniors score 28 against Southwinds? One thing for sure - he is a very versatile ball handling 6-8 player and only a junior. I see big upside.

Edited by sportsnerd

Event coordinator is right here my friend. BUT, I stand here humbly to tell you I was so wrong. Much love to Hamilton. They not only play a fantastic game, but proved they are a national power this year. So, please accept my apology because I couldn't have been more wrong. The great news is that it was a packed house for the event and every game was great.

Let's see. CPA is a 2 player team and one is not impressive. But they beat the #2 AAA team in Tenn.. That doesn't say much for that team.

Seriously, as a CPA fan I leave some games thinking Blackwell seems to go through the motions and is overrated but then I look at the box score and see over 20 points, over 10 rebounds, 5-6 assists and some steals, and that is against some good competition this year. At crunch time against good teams he comes through and plays hard even though it doesn't look like it. How many juniors score 28 against Southwinds? One thing for sure - he is a very versatile ball handling 6-8 player and only a junior. I see big upside.

Curious how old Blackwell & Campbell are? I bet they are the oldest junior/eight grader combo in the state lol.

I think Blackwell is the best player in the state. I would hate to see Campbell in middle school

He very well may be. Any idea where he's leaning for the next level? Man I said the same thing while watching Campbell last night. My middle school team would have no chance guarding him.

It makes a difference when you play with the "big dogs" like I was telling you about the other day. You stepped off the porch and got into a dog fight and got smacked. Now maybe that'll calm your talk

Aint nothing on here gonna calm my talk..UC played horrible and thats gonna happen. .I promise you that game wont defy their season..They got smacked for sure just as your Pioneers will when they come to UC! I rather have a couple of bad nights than play horrible every night like GC!